• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flacco Is A Gangster

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...Did anyone hear him on NFL Films telling Dennis Pitta that if Ted Ginn breaks that final punt return to come off the sidelines and tackle him? That was hilarious.......but I wonder if the refs would have called it?

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
probably not...I heard there was an obscure rule that if two guys are holding one player on a punt return and if the one player doesn't fall to the ground, then the punting team can substitute an extra player from the bench to tackle the punt returner with no penalty.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
wow...watched the video and was surprised because other "analysts" brushed his comments off by saying Flacco was joking. Based on his expressions and the tone of his voice I don't think he was joking. This is the thought process that happens when the refs "let them play" with no flags because its end of the big game. Maybe they don't throw the flag or only enforce it at the spot of the foul for a long field goal from shaky Akers. I still say our play calling/execution cost us the game, but this shows they were willing to do anything to pull this game off.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What's the call there, if a guy is about to take a kick return to the house and a guy from the sideline trips him?

Is it 15 yards from the point of the foul for unsportsmanlike conduct?

That would be a sucky call. They need to make sure the rule is if the guy has a clear path to score it counts as a score. Like in basketball.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the call there, if a guy is about to take a kick return to the house and a guy from the sideline trips him?

Is it 15 yards from the point of the foul for unsportsmanlike conduct?

That would be a sucky call. They need to make sure the rule is if the guy has a clear path to score it counts as a score. Like in basketball.

It happened in a Jets/Dolphins game, but I don't recall the penalty. I imagine it would be a 15 yard spot-of-the-foul Unsportsmanlike Conduct.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It happened in a Jets/Dolphins game, but I don't recall the penalty. I imagine it would be a 15 yard spot-of-the-foul Unsportsmanlike Conduct.

You could also hear Pitta say "No way, man; you do it". It was funny.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could also hear Pitta say "No way, man; you do it". It was funny.

Ha - I missed that - I'll have to go back and listen for it.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a scumbag move. That isn't football that is just bs, just like the rest of the crap the Ravens pulled at the end of the game. That is why I lost all respect for them and don't respect their championship. They cheated on the Crabtree play and on the punt play. Had we broke a long return they were planning to cheat on that play too. Anything to win for those guys, freaking jokes.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a scumbag move. That isn't football that is just bs, just like the rest of the crap the Ravens pulled at the end of the game. That is why I lost all respect for them and don't respect their championship. They cheated on the Crabtree play and on the punt play. Had we broke a long return they were planning to cheat on that play too. Anything to win for those guys, freaking jokes.

They also showed the Ravens huddle before the safety and the long snapper was yelling in the huddle "Hold the shit outta them! Just hold 'em!"

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha - I missed that - I'll have to go back and listen for it.

And Flacco replied "I will!". It was pretty crazy stuff, because even if he were joking, what if one of his teammates believed him and actually did that. Flacco's the leader of his team, so it wouldn't be too far-fetched that some player would follow his instruction. If that had actually happened, I would expect a long suspension for any players involved.

I also agree that in that situation, the other team should be awarded a touchdown, but I don't think it should be limited to a clear path situation. If any player or team personnel comes off the sideline to impede the other team, it should just be an automatic touchdown.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Flacco replied "I will!". It was pretty crazy stuff, because even if he were joking, what if one of his teammates believed him and actually did that. Flacco's the leader of his team, so it wouldn't be too far-fetched that some player would follow his instruction. If that had actually happened, I would expect a long suspension for any players involved.

I also agree that in that situation, the other team should be awarded a touchdown, but I don't think it should be limited to a clear path situation. If any player or team personnel comes off the sideline to impede the other team, it should just be an automatic touchdown.

How much of this post is spot-on? ALL OF IT!!! Well said Robo, especially the "clear path" comment - I agree 100%!!

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over reaction much?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over reaction much?

I don't think so. Nothing happened, so it's not a big deal, but it's interesting to discuss what should've been the penalty if something like that did happen and what other punishment would be levied on anyone involved. Obviously, the league wouldn't want to see something like that happen in the Super Bowl.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Terrell Suggs 15 minutes ago on ESPN on the chances of the game being a blowout if not for the blackout:

"At some point I agree to that. I agree to that. We had all the momentum and they put us on pause. I always thought it was a coincidence the same thing happened to the San Francisco 49ers last year. Oh, their lights went out in Candlestick. I thought Jim just pushed the old reset button but I thought we was be fine and work through it when the lights came on. We got off the field on 3rd down. They played one hell of a game and we were just able to hold the levies."

The stupidity. Fantastic grammar, too.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrell Suggs 15 minutes ago on ESPN on the chances of the game being a blowout if not for the blackout:

"At some point I agree to that. I agree to that. We had all the momentum and they put us on pause. I always thought it was a coincidence the same thing happened to the San Francisco 49ers last year. Oh, their lights went out in Candlestick. I thought Jim just pushed the old reset button but I thought we was be fine and work through it when the lights came on. We got off the field on 3rd down. They played one hell of a game and we were just able to hold the levies."

The stupidity. Fantastic grammar, too.

Well, these are football players, not english professors so we have to remember that.

Second, I'm with everyone on here about how the Ravens are really a travesty in winning this thing because of what they stand for, especially with their leader going out on his final ride. Even if he "didn't" stab those people in Atlanta, he was charged with obstruction of justice. Was this guy the main culprit or an accessory? Either way, this is just a bad image and leaves a bad taste on my mouth. Had the Niners in the past lost to teams in the SB such as the Dolphins (Marino, Shula) or the Broncos (Elway), I would have pissed initially for a long time but fine eventually.

However, this loss to the Ravens is pretty annoying - Flacco is pretty arrogant and, well, you know my stance on what I think about Ray Lewis.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes! This should be the rule, it'd be a warning to anybody even thinking to do so, saying if you do: 1) it's an automatic touchdown, regardless of likelihood for score, no sense in trying it, just hope for a trip up. 2) if you try it and miss, you look stupid and if the guy is later tackled by an eligible player, you just caused that to be a TD. ST or HC coaches would be responsible for teaching the guys this rule.

Otherwise, only morals and practicality of catching the guy would prevent someone in a game of this magnitude to do it. I'd rather get the penalty in which there's one more play or a FG to tie than a clear TD to win it. You can't trust the refs to rule it like a clear path, what if there was one guy around the area? What if Ginn pulls a DeSean Jackson? (Referring to the second TD attempt in the first video, but the first attempt is funny, too.)

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, if only the had said that Jackson gave himself up here, down at the one. I know that's not the rule, but that would have been funny and maybe just for showboating? And then for Philadelphia to just get a field goal? That would have been on my favorites. His mom works at the law firm I used to work at in Los Angeles. She was getting flack for the MNF one. I didn't try to see if I could meet him or get his autograph, because 1) it'd have been fruitless and 2) he's not a Niner.

[YOUTUBE]g97-DC1yXVU[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure if they did actually do it the refs would have rewarded Ravens by giving them some type of obscure score that no one ever heard of till that point.