• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flacco Is A Gangster

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure if they did actually do it the refs would have rewarded Ravens by giving them some type of obscure score that no one ever heard of till that point.

Ha ha! I see there is at least one positive to the 49ers losing the Super Bowl; you got rid of that ridiculous Rick James/Aldon Smith avatar. If I never see that again it will be too soon.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha! I see there is at least one positive to the 49ers losing the Super Bowl; you got rid of that ridiculous Rick James/Aldon Smith avatar. If I never see that again it will be too soon.

lol, yea the superstition ended with the loss.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all i think of reading this thread is how ridiculous some people sound.........

i have seen the rangers blow a WS, have seen the nba give the mavs the biggest screw job against the heat in 06 , but i dont think any of the fans i talked to took as hard as ya'll seem to be taking a loss that was mostly your own doing

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all i think of reading this thread is how ridiculous some people sound.........

i have seen the rangers blow a WS, have seen the nba give the mavs the biggest screw job against the heat in 06 , but i dont think any of the fans i talked to took as hard as ya'll seem to be taking a loss that was mostly your own doing

Any minute now I'm expecting the refs to flag 49ers for having you post this message.:suds:

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys see this one? There are also still photos that are close up where you can see it really clear. Both guys have hands full of Miller's jersey, stopping him from covering his gap, the gap in which Jones ran through on his return. So dirty.

SB XXLVII Missed Holding Call on the Ravens - YouTube

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys see this one? There are also still photos that are close up where you can see it really clear. Both guys have hands full of Miller's jersey, stopping him from covering his gap, the gap in which Jones ran through on his return. So dirty.

SB XXLVII Missed Holding Call on the Ravens - YouTube

Pereira said that they should only call that if the player goes to the ground. But the way Pereira is deflecting everything, it seems that the more he says, the less I believe him. If he were still a ref, I would question his judgment. Why would I stop when he retires and someone puts a mike to his face? All refs are somewhat experts, but all are also human and some have interests tied into this and pride behind the uniform. If they were interested in screwing us, they could probably find a hold on a Ginn TD return, if they so chose. (I think most kickoff returns have some blocks that can be subjectively turned one way or another.)

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pereira said that they should only call that if the player goes to the ground. But the way Pereira is deflecting everything, it seems that the more he says, the less I believe him. If he were still a ref, I would question his judgment. Why would I stop when he retires and someone puts a mike to his face? All refs are somewhat experts, but all are also human and some have interests tied into this and pride behind the uniform. If they were interested in screwing us, they could probably find a hold on a Ginn TD return, if they so chose. (I think most kickoff returns have some blocks that can be subjectively turned one way or another.)

Yeah I agree. I think Pereira knows where his paycheck comes from and isn't gonna screw that up in any way. But everyone in the world can see how badly the refs dropped the ball and how one sided their calls were.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, folks. Settle down. Settle down. Settle down.

Flacco urged teammates on sidelines to tackle Ted Ginn | ProFootballTalk

As the folks at Deadspin point out, the rule book gives the officials the ability to award a touchdown under those circumstances. And that would have been the proper outcome.

The rule book also gives the officials the ability to call holding, illegal helmet to helmet hit on a defenseless receiver, and holding/PI on three consecutive plays. They didn't bother officiating on those plays. Why would they have bothered officiating on the circumstance in question?

They didn't bother officiating on the "I'm going to shove the ref" play either.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rule book also gives the officials the ability to call holding, illegal helmet to helmet hit on a defenseless receiver, and holding/PI on three consecutive plays. They didn't bother officiating on those plays. Why would they have bothered officiating on the circumstance in question?

They didn't bother officiating on the "I'm going to shove the ref" play either.

I hadn't actually seen the push until the gif in the other thread (or this one? I've been moving around.) That was worse than I thought because he was running/walking fast and then push. It won't help, but I wish they'd fine and suspend him one game.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. Nothing happened, so it's not a big deal, but it's interesting to discuss what should've been the penalty if something like that did happen and what other punishment would be levied on anyone involved. Obviously, the league wouldn't want to see something like that happen in the Super Bowl.

I don't think it's as obvious as you guys want to believe. Billion dollar industry. Lots riding on painting Lewis as a superhero as he rides off into the sunset.

Come on.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrell Suggs 15 minutes ago on ESPN on the chances of the game being a blowout if not for the blackout:

"At some point I agree to that. I agree to that. We had all the momentum and they put us on pause. I always thought it was a coincidence the same thing happened to the San Francisco 49ers last year. Oh, their lights went out in Candlestick. I thought Jim just pushed the old reset button but I thought we was be fine and work through it when the lights came on. We got off the field on 3rd down. They played one hell of a game and we were just able to hold the levies."

The stupidity. Fantastic grammar, too.

No you weren't. The officials held the levies.

This would be comical if it weren't so insulting. The Ravens should shut the fuck up unless they're willing to acknowledge they were handed a Lombardi trophy.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's as obvious as you guys want to believe. Billion dollar industry. Lots riding on painting Lewis as a superhero as he rides off into the sunset.

Come on.

Where do they get more money from this? I could see them having an interest in getting him there, because of the ratings, etc. But New England would have been bigger, no? Do more people buy those DVDs of the game? Merchandise? Become a fan more than they would with Kaepernick's story? I don't see where the money is coming from.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do they get more money from this? I could see them having an interest in getting him there, because of the ratings, etc. But New England would have been bigger, no? Do more people buy those DVDs of the game? Merchandise? Become a fan more than they would with Kaepernick's story? I don't see where the money is coming from.

There doesn't have to be more money. There has to be a conversation that sounds like this, "I'm gonna let you officiate the Super Bowl. Here's how you're going to do it."

None of those officials graded out as being able to officiate that game. Given that, do you still think this is a coincidence?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There doesn't have to be more money. There has to be a conversation that sounds like this, "I'm gonna let you officiate the Super Bowl. Here's how you're going to do it."

None of those officials graded out as being able to officiate that game. Given that, do you still think this is a coincidence?

I think they wanted diversity in the Superbowl. To avoid lawsuits later on discrimination? For PR? If they were going to fix the game, I would have seen the calls earlier in the game, too. Desperation, they can't hope that they will win fairly but then start the BS when the game gets late. That'd be too patient. I expect impatience by those who are so committed to an outcome just like I expect incompetence from criminals. It can happen, but not expected.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see this fucking game in my nightmares. Despite this I have to watch every time a new clip is posted. It's like a car wreck and I can't look away.

I haven't seen my DVR yet of the second half so this was my first close look at that 3rd down to Crabby. I knew there was helmet to helmet, but I hadn't realized Crabby had BOTH hands on the ball, too. Seriously, the more I see the more I can't understand how it's not obvious to the WHOLE WORLD the refs botched this game. :gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see this fucking game in my nightmares. Despite this I have to watch every time a new clip is posted. It's like a car wreck and I can't look away.

I haven't seen my DVR yet of the second half so this was my first close look at that 3rd down to Crabby. I knew there was helmet to helmet, but I hadn't realized Crabby had BOTH hands on the ball, too. Seriously, the more I see the more I can't understand how it's not obvious to the WHOLE WORLD the refs botched this game. :gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah:

I purposefully erased my DVR recording of the Super Bowl because I did not want to be reminded of the game whenever I bring up the menu of recordings. I still have the Giants NLCS and World Series on my DVR so that I can watch it anytime to bring back good memories. I had the 2010 World Series, too, until it was accidentally erased.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That made me smile - I get it!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

God, I hate that excuse.