• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flacco Is A Gangster

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pereira is no longer legitimate in my book. It is clear the league has put the clamps on him. When he first started he would often (or often enough) take an opposing, seemingly more truthful, point of view. Now, he seems to have become just another NFL lackey.

He never has been in my book. Think of it like this. You go to McDonalds and ask for a Big Mac. They give you a Filet-O-Fish. You say, "I ordered a Big Mac," and the manager comes out and says "Yep, that's a Big Mac."

What's the difference? You know it's not a fucking Big Mac. This isn't brain surgery. Pereira is a hack (has probably been his entire life) and for the majority of his career was paid to back up wrong calls.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never has been in my book. Think of it like this. You go to McDonalds and ask for a Big Mac. They give you a Filet-O-Fish. You say, "I ordered a Big Mac," and the manager comes out and says "Yep, that's a Big Mac."

What's the difference? You know it's not a fucking Big Mac. This isn't brain surgery. Pereira is a hack (has probably been his entire life) and for the majority of his career was paid to back up wrong calls.

Well, if he is being paid to back-up wrong calls (and bad non-calls) then he is not being paid nearly enough - because his talent is second to none!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And despite that, they were in a position to win the game. Then the officials decided to stop doing their jobs, and the Ravens knew they could get away with anything after shoving an official netted no penalty, nor ejection.

Don't pretend the refs didn't impact the outcome of that game. Did the 9ers call bad plays in that final series? Yes. Did the officials stop participating when the game was on the line? Yes.

Come on.

You "come on". I would challenge you to find a statement by me anywhere that says the refs did not impact the game. In fact, you'll find several in this very thread that say just the opposite.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You "come on". I would challenge you to find a statement by me anywhere that says the refs did not impact the game. In fact, you'll find several in this very thread that say just the opposite.

Yes, you did. But saying "stop whining about the refs" suggests that their impact on the game was nonexistent, and that's not the case.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, you did. But saying "stop whining about the refs" suggests that their impact on the game was nonexistent, and that's not the case.

I'm not sure how, but OK.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how, but OK.

"Stop whining" to me is something that would be said about a called third strike in the first inning of a regular season game the Yankees play against the Blue Jays.

When the outcome of the Super Bowl was impacted by the officials explicitly not doing the job they're tasked with generates a legitimate response of fan outrage, I don't consider that "whining."

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Stop whining" to me is something that would be said about a called third strike in the first inning of a regular season game the Yankees play against the Blue Jays.

When the outcome of the Super Bowl was impacted by the officials explicitly not doing the job they're tasked with generates a legitimate response of fan outrage, I don't consider that "whining."

At a certain point when it is repeated ad nauseum as The reason they lost the game it becomes "incessant whining" in my book. That is the point I reached with the OP; especially when he refuses to acknolwedge any other possible reasons for the loss; reasons they themselves could control. It just seems so petty.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At a certain point when it is repeated ad nauseum as The reason they lost the game it becomes "incessant whining" in my book. That is the point I reached with the OP; especially when he refuses to acknolwedge any other possible reasons for the loss; reasons they themselves could control. It just seems so petty.

Okay, cool.

Same page. The 9ers could have shown up in the first half, and we're not having this conversation.

I will say this: Williams (the dude who shoved the ref, then called us dirty) is on my all-time least favorite players ever list. I'm actively rooting for both of the following: career-ending-injury, or career-ending-criminal-activity. Hopefully both at the same time.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, cool.

Same page. The 9ers could have shown up in the first half, and we're not having this conversation.

I will say this: Williams (the dude who shoved the ref, then called us dirty) is on my all-time least favorite players ever list. I'm actively rooting for both of the following: career-ending-injury, or career-ending-criminal-activity. Hopefully both at the same time.

Flacco3_zpsddf7042d.png

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, cool.

To me he is insignificant. Just another punk in a football uniform who we won't even know existed in 3 years.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, Flacco resigning will be the steady demise of the Ravens as his $20 mil asking price will potentially handcuff the Ravens salary cap much like Brees' contract has in NO. The only saving grace for the Ravens is that Ozzie can draft like a motherfucker.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Okay, cool.

Williams calling the Niners dirty was a joke. The guy should have been out of the game and facing a hefty fine.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, Flacco resigning will be the steady demise of the Ravens as his $20 mil asking price will potentially handcuff the Ravens salary cap much like Brees' contract has in NO. The only saving grace for the Ravens is that Ozzie can draft like a motherfucker.

Yeah, I can really see that. The Ravens would be putting way too much money in one player. The bold move would be to do a non-exclusive tag on him. His salary would only be about $14M with this type of tag. And if some other team wants to overpay for him, the Ravens should let him go. They'll get 2 first-round draft picks back in compensation. I recognize the Ravens are in a tough spot. Flacco just won the Super Bowl, so fans will not be happy if they let him go.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I can really see that. The Ravens would be putting way too much money in one player. The bold move would be to do a non-exclusive tag on him. His salary would only be about $14M with this type of tag. And if some other team wants to overpay for him, the Ravens should let him go. They'll get 2 first-round draft picks back in compensation. I recognize the Ravens are in a tough spot. Flacco just won the Super Bowl, so fans will not be happy if they let him go.

Dilfer won a SB with Baltimore. He was let go in favor of Elvis Grbac.

Flacco isn't as bad as Dilfer, but let's be realistic here. Not even Baltimore's FO can take the last SB seriously. Flacco without Boldin is going to be middle of the pack.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dilfer won a SB with Baltimore. He was let go in favor of Elvis Grbac.

Flacco isn't as bad as Dilfer, but let's be realistic here. Not even Baltimore's FO can take the last SB seriously. Flacco without Boldin is going to be middle of the pack.

Let the butthurt flow...