• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fix the NFL playoffs

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 8 win team won their division and thus earned the right to host. That's logical

That is more logical than changing the rules every time the Santa Clara 49'ers fans poop their pants.....

And yet another illogical comparison.....

You shoulda just stuck to facepalms instead of opening yer yap and exposing your 'logic.'

Still waiting....

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 8 win team won their division and thus earned the right to host. That's logical

That is more logical than changing the rules every time the Santa Clara 49'ers fans poop their pants.....
We are wasting our time with this one. Might take a year or two for their fans to get back up to speed after all that time away from the game. This one hasn't knocked enough of the rust off yet.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet another illogical comparison.....

You shoulda just stuck to facepalms instead of opening yer yap and exposing your 'logic.'

Still waiting....

I gave you logic but your opinion interferes with understanding.

Your opinion deserves a facepalm for it's lack of logic.....

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave you logig but your opinion interferes with understanding.

Your opinion deserves a facepalm for it's lack of logic.....

Yup....8+/- wins is better than 12+/- wins.....

....it's hilarious what you people will 'believe' is logic. I'll stick with simple math...and logicl.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would make very small changes to the playoff system. If the #7 ranked team won 10 or more games they'd be in and they would play at the #2 seed in the Wild-Card round rather than the #2 seed getting a bye. If the #8 ranked team won 10 or more games they'd be in and they would play at the #1 seed. IE there would be no byes in that Conference. That's all i'd change. Division winners would still get in as the top #4 seeds regardless of record.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't change a thing. It's perfect as is.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup....8+/- wins is better than 12+/- wins.....

....it's hilarious what you people will 'believe' is logic. I'll stick with simple math...and logicl.
Division Champion vs Division Runner-up.

I'm not in no way going to attempt to say Dallas has played a tougher schedule than any of the possible other Wild Card teams but it is quite possible two wild card teams compile better records with easier schedules than a division winner.
The current system works and all teams know going in how it works. I don't know why we get these moronic ideas to fix something that's not broken.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why we get these moronic ideas to fix something that's not broken.

Yeah....those 'moronic' ideas that reward a 12 win team moreso than an 8 win team.....that 8 win team had the talent and skill to be in a trash division...lets reward them.

Amazing what people will pass off as 'logic.'

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....those ideas that reward a 12 win loser moreso than an 8 win loser....that 8 win team had the talent and skill to win their division...lets reward them.

A Division winning 1st place team gets to host vs. a 2nd place team that loses their Division.
Logic - despite moronic opinions.....

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't change the system much but I would do one of the following the avoid what we're going to see in a few weeks.

1) If the WC team finish with at least 3 more wins than a division winner then they host that game WC weekend.

or

2) You must finish over .500 to host a playoffs game even if you win your division. This one is more straight forward so I would lean towards this idea instead.

Getting rid of divisions as the OP stated is silly
If the NFC east team ends up being, say the Cowboys at 7-9 then that NFC West wildcard team with the great regular season record is already getting to play (in theory) the worst team in the playoffs. Now if you give them the game at home as well then you could get in a situation where the 12-4 wildcard Seahawks get a home game against the 7-9 Cowboys, while the 13-3 division winning Packers have to play against the 10-6 Vikings.

Packers fans will be like "WTF"? (cause that's what the kids say these days).

I mean, let's see what it would take for that to happen. For Dallas to win the division at 7-9 it would mean that they finished the season winning 1 out of the last 6 games. The one win probably came against the Eagles, a team that they have been trying to give the division to all year but was too incompetent and just plain bad to take it. They would have finished with 3 home wins, one against the aforementioned trainwreck known as the Eagles, one against the Redskins (a team from the bottom of the "shithole" NFC East) and one against the Dolphins, who no one is even sure if they are trying to win.

So if you're a fan of that hot shot NFC West team that ends up getting a wild card are you really going to bitch about not getting to see a home game? My advice would be not to walk, but run to the internet machine to book your ticket to Dallas because your team should have a good chance to win.

Granted, it would be a little tougher going to Philly. The Eagles are currently 5-7 so for them to get to 7-9 they would have to go 2-2 over the last 4 games. In the NFC East we call that "a hot streak".

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....those 'moronic' ideas that reward a 12 win team moreso than an 8 win team.....that 8 win team had the talent and skill to be in a trash division...lets reward them.

What's amazing is folk with blinders on. If any change need to be made let it be eliminating wild cards, which was and is a money grab by the NFL to raise more revenue. Go back to when only division winners were in the playoffs. I'd be cool with that. Give losers a inch they want a mile. Back to grass roots which made this sport so great.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oooo, saying Santa Clara 49ers is the sports equivalent of a racial slur....bad form good sir.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about anybody else but:

If
Dallas wins their division and hosts the San Francisco 49'ers,
I'm going to enjoy watching the @Ricky Roma meltdown - despite being neither a Dallas nor 49'er fan.....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about anybody else but:

If
Dallas wins their division and hosts the San Francisco 49'ers,
I'm going to enjoy watching the @Ricky Roma meltdown - despite being neither a Dallas nor 49'er fan.....
It would be something to behold for sure. He certainly seems worried about how things will go.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait for the showdown with the 49ers. Should be a must see event.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's amazing is folk with blinders on. If any change need to be made let it be eliminating wild cards, which was and is a money grab by the NFL to raise more revenue. Go back to when only division winners were in the playoffs. I'd be cool with that. Give losers a inch they want a mile. Back to grass roots which made this sport so great.
Exactly. It reminds of when you're in a good mood and some panhandler asks you for two bucks and you reach in your pocket too quickly. The next thing they say is never "thank you". It is always something like "you know, I really need 5".

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can you guarantee me that 10 or 12 runner up played a tougher schedule than that 8 or 10 win Division Champion.

Every year we get these stupid playoff whining threads.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are arguing with someone that can't understand the 'logic' behind winners getting a home game while losers have to travel.

/eot