• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fix the NFL playoffs

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a bogus argument which has been proven time and time again. You want losers to be treated the same as winners. That is not logical. Since you fail on the premise, your entire stance has totally failed. And THAT is a fact. :nod:

12 is superior to 8.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 is superior to 8.
:lol:
You keep spewing the same failed logic. Maybe someday it will convert another derp.
Comparing winners to losers as equals is factually an abject failure of logic. It hasn't worked. Everyone is laughing at you. But do keep it up. It's entertaining at the least.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statement: 12 is superior to 8.

Response: 'Loser vs winner.'

Can't make this shit up.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are okay with an 8-8 Dallas or a 7-9 Washington hosting a playoff game?

It just doesn't seem fair to me.

Who gives a fuck? The argument or for lack of a better word whining is stupid. A team like the Seahawks or 49ers will go in an win the game anyway if they are that much better.

There are teams that have made the playoffs without winning their division. To take it even further 10 non-division winners have played in the Superbowl and 6 of them have actually won the Superbowl.

There is nothing wrong with the playoffs.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say better record, because the odds are still in favour of seeding by record. An 8 win team will almost never make up a SOS against a 12 win team. That system is simply flawed.
Problem is the 11 win team could easily be better than that 12 win 2nd place team.

I suppose you think UCF should have been in the CFB Championship playoffs over Clemson.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is the 11 win team could easily be better than that 12 win 2nd place team.

Yes...that 'could' happen, but given we have extreme examples of teams with losing records hosting playoff game against 11 win teams, that drastic disparity greatly outweighs SOS, or any other so-called advantage that one team may have over another. There is zero legit reason why a team with a losing record should host a playoff game against a team that has won 11 or 12 games. The only argument being 'because they won a division' is weak as fuck.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...that 'could' happen, but given we have extreme examples of teams with losing records hosting playoff game against 11 win teams, that drastic disparity greatly outweighs SOS, or any other so-called advantage that one team may have over another. There is zero legit reason why a team with a losing record should host a playoff game against a team that has won 11 or 12 games. The only argument being 'because they won a division' is weak as fuck.

Only 4 teams have ever made the playoffs with a losing record. Two of there were from the same strike season.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 4 teams have ever made the playoffs with a losing record. Two of there were from the same strike season.

I never said that a division winner shouldn't have a playoff game.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's amazing is folk with blinders on. If any change need to be made let it be eliminating wild cards, which was and is a money grab by the NFL to raise more revenue. Go back to when only division winners were in the playoffs. I'd be cool with that. Give losers a inch they want a mile. Back to grass roots which made this sport so great.
After 65 meaningless preseason games, 256 regular season games, (most of which include average or poor teams) the solution can't possibly be a reduction from the current 11 postseason games.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said that a division winner shouldn't have a playoff game.
No, you want the scheduling to be entirely built around win or lose your division, and then completely be thrown out for seeding. What you want isn't logical no matter how many times you try to push that square peg of yours to fit in the round hole.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 is superior to 8, according to some = square peg in a round hole....

....again....can't make this shit up.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you want the scheduling to be entirely built around win or lose your division, and then completely be thrown out for seeding. What you want isn't logical no matter how many times you try to push that square peg of yours to fit in the round hole.

Exactly.

I personally find the argument that the playoffs are broken ridiculous because the NFL is different than most sports. That is why teams fight so hard just to get into the playoffs because on any given sunday one team can beat another. Case in point is the Giants last Superbowl. They won that year with a 9-7 record and while they had a home wild card game they had to go on the road for the divisional and NFC Championship games.

I can see the argument of not wanting to go on the road against a team you have a better record than. Every someone is complaining because their team will go on the road against a team they have a better record then. So what. They should have won the division because regardless of if they win that game or not they are going to have to be on the road for all their games unless the road teams win out. That is the benefit of winning the division.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 is superior to 8, according to some = square peg in a round hole....

....again....can't make this shit up.

A 9 win team has beat 12 and 13 win teams in the regular season, playoffs and Superbowl. So no....12 is not always superior. Can't make that shit up either.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 9 win team has beat 12 and 13 win teams in the playoffs and Superbowl. So no....12 is not always superior. Can't make that shit up either.

Which is of course, irrelevant...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guarantee that in general, 12 wins is more impressive than 8 wins, and should be rewarded for it. I guarantee that far, FAR more times, that 8 win division 'winner' doesn't smell the playoffs at all in almost every other division, let alone get to host a playoff game.

I guarantee that there hasn't been a valid argument to counter that....certainly hasn't happened here....and until I see something credible, I see no point to continue.
they are rewarded...they make playoffs even though they didn't win their division.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guarantee that in general, 12 wins is more impressive than 8 wins, and should be rewarded for it. I guarantee that far, FAR more times, that 8 win division 'winner' doesn't smell the playoffs at all in almost every other division, let alone get to host a playoff game.

I guarantee that there hasn't been a valid argument to counter that....certainly hasn't happened here....and until I see something credible, I see no point to continue.
but I bet you will continue.