• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fix the NFL playoffs

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it only I would swap Baltimore and Indianapolis. Baltimore is a East Coast team so the east makes more sense.
It would also be sweet for GB and IND to play twice a year. Damn, the more I look at this the more I hope they do it.
:thumb:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would also be sweet for GB and IND to play twice a year. Damn, the more I look at this the more I hope they do it.
:thumb:

Never going to happen. :rolleyes2:
Silver lining.....you'll be able to repeat this thread annually for the rest of your life. Think that would make you happy.:D

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
North (8)--CHI, CIN, CLE, DET, GB, IND, MIN, PIT
South (8)--ATL, DAL, HOU, JAX, MIA, NO, TB, TEN
East (8)--BAL, BUF, CAR, NE, NYG, NYJ, PHI, WAS
West (8)--ARZ, DEN, KC, LAC, LAR, OAK, SEA, SF

Man, this would be fun. Different, but fun. How much would teams save on travel expenses?:D

CYkkwqNU0AAXT3O.0.png

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man, this would be fun. Different, but fun. How much would teams save on travel expenses?:D

CYkkwqNU0AAXT3O.0.png
I think it's fun to facepalm ridiculous posts.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CYkkwqNU0AAXT3O.0.png
Not broke so quit trying to fix it. Save on travel? Who cares? Seriously. I look forward (well kind of) to your next decade of trying to fix the NFL even though it needs no fixing. I guess you could say you add color to the hoop with your ideas.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already have a good mix of smaller divisions to give you a few yearly rivalries that build over time, while also allowing every team to play every team in the regular season no less than every 4 years. The 2 games unique to each team also pits div winners from last year against each other and similar matchups fans want to see outside of the rotation.

We get outstanding football matchups in this version of the NFL. The last two to three weeks of the regular season are intense and battle for HFA/seeding creates plenty of drama.

Proposed changes here destroy at least some part of that. And for what?

EKA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I guess the whining can stop now. Vikings wont have to travel to plan an inferior division winner.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "one score" narrative might just be the stupidest talking point in all of football.

While I agree that flipping '1 score' for teams doesn't hold much water, the point differential number is very valid, and more than not dictates as to which teams are generally great/good/average/below avg./poor.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree that flipping '1 score' for teams doesn't hold much water, the point differential number is very valid, and more than not dictates as to which teams are generally great/good/average/below avg./poor.

By point differential, playoff seeds

NFC
1. 49ers +164
2. Vikings +106
3. Saints +85
4. Cowboys +82
5. Packers +60
6. Rams +23

AFC
1. Ravens +231
2. Patriots +198
3. Chiefs +133
4. Bills +62
5. Titans +50
6. Texans +14

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I guess the whining can stop now. Vikings wont have to travel to plan an inferior division winner.

It was never about the Vikings specifically. Yeah, they dumped the bed hard the last few weeks of the season, and their record shows they aren't deserving of special treatment in the playoffs accordingly.

What about the winner of the San Fran/Seattle game though? If San Fran loses, they'll be 12-4 and lose their division to Seattle due to the head to head losses. How is it "fair" for a 12-4 team that to have to go on the road against an 8-8 or 9-7 Dallas/Philly team? Or if Seattle loses and Philly wins, they are 11-5 and have to travel to a 9-7 Philly, who they already beat in Philly this year? The latter case honestly makes less sense to me. If you beat a team in head competition AND have a superior record, there's no way that the winning team should be the ones going on the road in the playoffs between the two.

Just a weird year all around, though. If San Fran wins, we'll have three 13-3 teams in the NFC. When was the last time 13-3 didn't lock up at least a #2 seed? Has to be extremely rare.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was never about the Vikings specifically. Yeah, they dumped the bed hard the last few weeks of the season, and their record shows they aren't deserving of special treatment in the playoffs accordingly.

What about the winner of the San Fran/Seattle game though? If San Fran loses, they'll be 12-4 and lose their division to Seattle due to the head to head losses. How is it "fair" for a 12-4 team that to have to go on the road against an 8-8 or 9-7 Dallas/Philly team? Or if Seattle loses and Philly wins, they are 11-5 and have to travel to a 9-7 Philly, who they already beat in Philly this year? The latter case honestly makes less sense to me. If you beat a team in head competition AND have a superior record, there's no way that the winning team should be the ones going on the road in the playoffs between the two.

Just a weird year all around, though. If San Fran wins, we'll have three 13-3 teams in the NFC. When was the last time 13-3 didn't lock up at least a #2 seed? Has to be extremely rare.
2011. NO went 13-3 and was the #3. (1)GB (15-1) and (2)SF (13-3) were the top-2. It's the only time it's happened since the creation of the 8-division format in 2002.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a Seahawk fan, if my team can't win the division tonight and has to go to Philly, so be it. If the Hawks can't beat the Eagles again, they don't deserve to be there. I honestly don't give a shit about "fairness". That term is for grade school participation awards. When we grow up, we should learn rather quickly that very few things in life are "fair".
The Eagles will get in at 9-7 and honestly, good for them for finishing the season strong despite all their injuries. I won't piss and moan about the inequities of the format. It's a pointless waste of time and effort. We'll see what happens tonight and in good nature, trash talk all the Eagles fans tomorrow.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Seahawk fan, if my team can't win the division tonight and has to go to Philly, so be it. If the Hawks can't beat the Eagles again, they don't deserve to be there. I honestly don't give a shit about "fairness". That term is for grade school participation awards. When we grow up, we should learn rather quickly that very few things in life are "fair".
The Eagles will get in at 9-7 and honestly, good for them for finishing the season strong despite all their injuries. I won't piss and moan about the inequities of the format. It's a pointless waste of time and effort. We'll see what happens tonight and in good nature, trash talk all the Eagles fans tomorrow.

Well said. I especially like the part about participation awards. :thumb: