• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fishing

I'm a football fan who

• Likes to fish

Votes: 28 63.6%
  • I don't fish

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • For those who fish, do you prefer Stream fishing

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • For those who fish, do you prefer Lake fishing

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • For those who fish, do you prefer Saltwater fishing

Votes: 10 22.7%

• Total voters

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feeeeeesh.... a lot.

So does @Bridgeburner but he uses one of those poosay kayaks.
I haven't done much at all this year as we moved to New place and all available minutes have been working on yard stuff. But just yesterday...

I re spooled 2 reels as I got 4 rods ready to go as well as a little "bug out" kit. Ready to pop down to little spot i picked out last year before we moved. Half mile walk. I also have my little blow-up kayak half blown up so it fits in jeep and I can it drive there and be ready to push off in about 15 minutes.

This was my plan yesterday but then we might get rain so I mowed and piddled around house. BTW, no rain. My next day off i am out as soon as a thermos can be filled with coffee.

Little lakes and streams/rivers connecting them are my go to.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to fish lakes, one of my favorite things in life is tossing a surface lure at sunset on a summer evening. I share the thoughts on salt water fishing, I once caught a 92 pound halibut in Alaska and it was as described. They throw a line out, you sit and wait, then haul up a fish from hundreds of feet down. It was like landing the anchor.

No I'll take bass fishing where you drop a perfect cast by a structure and dance the bait to entice the hit. You feel as if you're really EARNED the strike instead of simply waiting for the rod to bend.
Yep. I have a three cast method. First I do a slower reel, second and third I pop it with a slower cast. If I get some action I stay in that spot. If not I move on, and come back if I am still trying to find that days spot.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't done much at all this year as we moved to New place and all available minutes have been working on yard stuff. But just yesterday...

I re spooled 2 reels as I got 4 rods ready to go as well as a little "bug out" kit. Ready to pop down to little spot i picked out last year before we moved. Half mile walk. I also have my little blow-up kayak half blown up so it fits in jeep and I can it drive there and be ready to push off in about 15 minutes.

This was my plan yesterday but then we might get rain so I mowed and piddled around house. BTW, no rain. My next day off i am out as soon as a thermos can be filled with coffee.

Little lakes and streams/rivers connecting them are my go to.
I know the struggle. Just getting out the door & committed to it is half the battle. I don't know how many times I loaded up the tackle & gear just to get caught up at the house all day.

Pro tip: keep tackle & a rod in the car at all times... I find its easier to swing by the rivers/ponds after work on my way home for a quick 30-45 minutes of rippin lips.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the struggle. Just getting out the door & committed to it is half the battle. I don't know how many times I loaded up the tackle & gear just to get caught up at the house all day.

Pro tip: keep tackle & a rod in the car at all times... I find its easier to swing by the rivers/ponds after work on my way home for a quick 30-45 minutes of rippin lips.
I am usually a closer so I don't get home till almost midnight. Can't go then and since I get kid off to school mornings have been out.

Now that schools out, mornings can be free for scooting off to the water

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I have a three cast method. First I do a slower reel, second and third I pop it with a slower cast. If I get some action I stay in that spot. If not I move on, and come back if I am still trying to find that days spot.

I always wanted to try bass fishing with the 17 year cicadas since I first read about it in '87. Never got around to it until this time, figured it would be my last chance. So I collected a bunch in a minnow bucket, rented a boat and went out. I found they didn't stay on with the first cast, so I hooked one better and learned it was like casting a feather, never got it more than 6 feet out, where it danced on the surface as I had hoped. For 45 seconds before it died and sank, where the little fish destroyed it in seconds and I was left with a bare hook. 34 years of anticipation and this is what I got.