• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First Take's NBA Mt. Rushmore

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winners of MVP's

Lebron James (4)
Magic (3)
Byrd (3)
………………………….

Top 4?

Wilt Chamberlain (4)
Michael Jordan (5)
Bill Russell (5)
Kareem (6)

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LBJ is in your top four, then there is simply no help for you.

Jordan
Kareem
Magic
Kobe

If you want to replace Kobe with Bird or Wilt, fine. The top three are not even debatable.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were All-Star teams because of Magic and Bird. Magic and Bird in their prime were the most fundamentally sound to have ever played the game of basketball. A basketball Mt. Rushmore without these two is laughable, as is one that wastes a spot on Bill Russell who is to the NBA what Cal Ripken is to MLB or Brett Favre is to the NFL.

McHale, Dennis Johnson, Parrish, Maxwell, Archibald, Jabbar, Worthy, Wilkes, McAdoo etc,,,were still going to make awesome teams even without Magic and Bird. Not saying they would have won the rings, but those guys were already freaking good before Bird and Magic. The Lakers and Celtics had a better makeup of talent then anybody in the 80's regardless.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious? Smith is one of the most honest in sports media. He has proven that he will criticize you hard, friend or not.

Stephen A. gets a bad rap. Agree or not, the dude is consistent and fair.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I look at this totally different than nearly all of you.

IMO, a Mt Rushmore isn't about greatness.......it's about being unique, a prototype, a once in a generation type player. As such, I think Lebron will ONE day be there, as we've never seen anything like him before. I also think in 20 years we'll say the same thing about KD.

My Mt Rushmore is:

MJ
Kareem
Big O
Bird

One of a kind, generation defining players. I think LBJ and KD will be there. I think Shaq could be argued, as well as Malone and Barkely in particular. It's not everyday you see a power forward as short as Barkely completely dominate guys bigger than him nightly.

Your inability to see past your hatred of the purple 'n gold renders your opinion null and void. Magic is #2 behind Jordan. No one even listens to you anymore, man. :rolleyes2:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen A. gets a bad rap. Agree or not, the dude is consistent and fair.

But how about accountable?

Or he doesn't need to be because he is an NBA insider vs being a real journalist?