• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First Take's NBA Mt. Rushmore

majoyenrac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we pick top 5? Here's mine based on my view of who the best was not necessarily the biggest draw or important draw.

1) Michael Jordan
2) Lebron James - again I don't like the guy, but he's unbelievable...that combo of court vision, athleticisim, size, strength...he's even improved his shot by leaps and bounds....
3) Larry Bird
4) Kareem Abdul-Jabar
5) Tim Duncan

Had Magic not stopped when he did maybe....but Duncan deserves a bit more credit as he never really seems to slip materially, just plays less minutes--Duncan's just good, but not that as flashy/fun to watch as some others...the leagues best PF of all time (even though he's really kinda been a C).

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we pick top 5? Here's mine based on my view of who the best was not necessarily the biggest draw or important draw.

1) Michael Jordan
2) Lebron James - again I don't like the guy, but he's unbelievable...that combo of court vision, athleticisim, size, strength...he's even improved his shot by leaps and bounds....
3) Larry Bird
4) Kareem Abdul-Jabar
5) Tim Duncan

Had Magic not stopped when he did maybe....but Duncan deserves a bit more credit as he never really seems to slip materially, just plays less minutes--Duncan's just good, but not that as flashy/fun to watch as some others...the leagues best PF of all time (even though he's really kinda been a C).

I'd have Magic ahead of Lebron. We're talking about the all time leader in Triple Doubles. Magic is the standard every point guard should be measured against all time. He was by far the best ever.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had Magic not stopped when he did maybe

When Magic did stop he had gone to the NBA Finals 9 out of his 12 seasons, winning 5 of them. I know people like to say that his teams were stacked. It should be noted though that the Lakers hadn't been to the Finals for 6 seasons prior to Magic's rookie year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bird only makes a Mt Rushmore if you factor in what he did after he stopped playing

MJ, Kareem and Magic are all locks. I could see a debate for the other slot(s)

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have Magic ahead of Lebron. We're talking about the all time leader in Triple Doubles. Magic is the standard every point guard should be measured against all time. He was by far the best ever.

Only because they didnt start tracking it til the 70's. Oscar Robertson is BY FAR the career leader in triple doubles. He probably has 3 times more than anyone else to ever play and Magic is my favorite player of all time. For me its. Kareem, Magic, MJ, Robertson if I go solely on who feel the actual best players were. You could make a case for 20 other guys INCLUDING Lebron right now.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could make a case for 20 other guys INCLUDING Lebron right now.
I wouldn't say 20. Its probably closer to 10.

Russell, Wilt, Bird, Duncan, Dr J, Big O, Lebron, Shaq, Kobe, Moses Malone, Hakeem

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good fix. That show is all about ratings, both have knowledge but are just there to argue (reason that they almost always disagree). Can't take any of it too serious.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say 20. Its probably closer to 10.

Russell, Wilt, Bird, Duncan, Dr J, Big O, Lebron, Shaq, Kobe, Moses Malone, Hakeem

No Karl Malone, Jerry West, Elvin Hayes, John Stockton, Jason Kidd???

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Russell
Wilt Chamberlain
Michael Jordan
LeBron James

Magic and Larry cancel each other out.

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's depressing to see so many people disregard Bill Russell, I'm not even an NBA fan and I know he's the epitome of greatness in the NBA.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, I hate First Take, but I was channel surfing and came up on it while they were talking about their NBA Mt. Rushmore. Evidently, Lebron James said he belonged on the Mt. Rushmore or something on those lines, so Stephen Smith agreed. He said it was Magic, Bird, Jordan, and James belonged. Bayless said it was Magic, Bird, Jordan, and Jabbar. Then the cross debating started between them. Smith criticized Bayless because Jabbar needed Magic for the majority of his success. Bayless countered with James not doing anything until he was paired with Wade, etc,,,. Of all the name dropping they did, not once did they mention Dr. J. A player who practically single handily kept the NBA afloat in the mid to late 70's when interest was at an all time low. A player who had nobody around him the majority of the time, but yet still took his team to the finals (of course he needed Moses before he landed one, but still). I guess my issue is that Magic and Bird are always mentioned and they were great, great players, but they both played on practical all-star teams. My point is that Smith and Bayless kept brining up Lebron and Jabbar needing the help, but not once did they mention all the help that Bird and Magic had during their careers. Maybe Julius doesn't belong on the Mt. Rushmore of the NBA, but to not even throw his name in the conversation is offensive. At least it reminded me that there was better television on elsewhere.

Sorry, rant over.

I actually like the show. what else compares? I think yes other teams had goodk players like LeBron has...but none of these players chose to do what LeBron has. yeah I get it Cleveland's supporting cast wasn't that great. but find me another star in their prime who chose to join 2 other all stars.

on a side not I find it funny kobe isn't even mentioned in any of this.. its like most of you think hes not even top 10...5 rings... to me rings matter...being a better all around player doesn't mean much...rebounds assists....assist= defer to all star teammates in my book. taking last shot for the win...im not sure LeBron is top 10 in todays game

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's depressing to see so many people disregard Bill Russell, I'm not even an NBA fan and I know he's the epitome of greatness in the NBA.

Russell was great IMO but statistically he doesnt measure up so the ONLY reason you'd have to put him up there is rings so then you'd have to have Robert Horry right next to him. LOL

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like the show. what else compares? I think yes other teams had goodk players like LeBron has...but none of these players chose to do what LeBron has. yeah I get it Cleveland's supporting cast wasn't that great. but find me another star in their prime who chose to join 2 other all stars.

on a side not I find it funny kobe isn't even mentioned in any of this.. its like most of you think hes not even top 10...5 rings... to me rings matter...being a better all around player doesn't mean much...rebounds assists....assist= defer to all star teammates in my book. taking last shot for the win...im not sure LeBron is top 10 in todays game

As a Lakers fan Ill say there is a HUGE difference between taking the last shot for a win and MAKING the last shot for a win. Kobe takes a lot of those shots but doesnt make a very high % of them.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

your trolling is weak, brah

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very subjective. No mention of Russell or Wilt either?

There's been a lot of great players over the years, Dr. J being one of them. It does seem though that people forget just how good he was.

I dont mind Russell not being mentioned. He wasnt even the best player on his team... But Wilt? Wilt is statistically the greatest force the NBA has ever seen. We can argue who the greatest is... but a spot on Mt Rushmore has to be reserved for Wilt.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Karl Malone, Jerry West, Elvin Hayes, John Stockton, Jason Kidd???
Not with the people I mentioned, no. You could make a case for Jerry West maybe but youd be going too far back for me to know. Jason Kidd? Seriously?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is my #1 GOAT.

I dont mind Russell not being mentioned. He wasnt even the best player on his team... But Wilt? Wilt is statistically the greatest force the NBA has ever seen. We can argue who the greatest is... but a spot on Mt Rushmore has to be reserved for Wilt.

This is why people do not say shit like that anymore, because Bill said he wasn't even the best on his team every one still says that today like it is gospel.

All you need to know about Bill Russell's greatness is that before 1980 the MVP was voted on by the players and Russell won 4 in 5 years during Wilt's prime.

It is like saying because Melo scores more points he is better than LBJ.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are right, he is a trailblazer and maybe this will be the revolution that he starts and will always be remembered for*. I think you are giving him too much credit though. Every player chooses where they want to play. MJ was leaving CHI if they did not bring in more talent, he openly admits that. Melo got sick of Denver and forced his way out of there to play in a place he thought would give him a better chance to win. Dwight left ORL, and LA to join forces with Harden and an innuendo to bring in another star. The only thing new about this is that they played GM rather than make demands to the GM like a little drama queen.

Russell defined winning.
Wilt had the rules changed and defined stats.
Bird and Magic made it national.
Barkley made it fat.
MJ took it global.
Shaq and Kobe made it a soap opera.
LBJ reminded every body that we play to win the game and waiting for others to do it for you is stupid.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bird and Magic made it national.
Barkley made it fat.
MJ took it global.
Ill put it to you like this: when the Dream Team was made all of the other countries were in total awe of Bird and Magic to the point where the other team was often more interested in trying to get autographs than trying to beat the 2 players they everyone on their team modeled their game after. Bird and Magic were global.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is my #1 GOAT.

This is why people do not say shit like that anymore, because Bill said he wasn't even the best on his team every one still says that today like it is gospel.

All you need to know about Bill Russell's greatness is that before 1980 the MVP was voted on by the players and Russell won 4 in 5 years during Wilt's prime.

It is like saying because Melo scores more points he is better than LBJ.

'Melo is better than LBJ because he scores more points!!:whistle::bolt:

Last edited by a moderator: