• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First Spring Cuts

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several players reassigned to minor league camp today:

Clayton Blackburn
Ty Blach
Chris Heston
Jose Casilla
Kyle Crick
Sandy Rosario
Rafael Dolis
Joe Panik
Mac Williamson
Javier Herrera
Jeff Arnold
Ben Turner
Also, Angel Villalona was reassigned to Fresno (he's on the 40)

No surprises here, except for maybe Rosario. He was expected to compete for a bullpen spot but has been plagued by some mysterious weakness in his legs.

Panik not so surprising (even though Scoots is coming back slowly) since Abreu, Adrianza, Noonan, and Hicks are all in camp.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AnVil and Mac are slight surprises as well. Not that they had any chance of making the quad, but I would have liked to see them get some PT. We need to see AnVil as much as possible since this is his final option, and we need to see as much of Mac since he figures to be part of our future.

But I agree that the only REAL surprise is Rosario, and that was a relatively minor surprise. But seeing how De Paula and Cordier have muscled in on the competition, someone had to fall.

Relatedly, I am starting to think that Hembree may not make the team out of ST. De Paula looks to be earning himself a spot which could bump Hembree.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AnVil and Mac are slight surprises as well. Not that they had any chance of making the quad, but I would have liked to see them get some PT. We need to see AnVil as much as possible since this is his final option, and we need to see as much of Mac since he figures to be part of our future.

But I agree that the only REAL surprise is Rosario, and that was a relatively minor surprise. But seeing how De Paula and Cordier have muscled in on the competition, someone had to fall.

Relatedly, I am starting to think that Hembree may not make the team out of ST. De Paula looks to be earning himself a spot which could bump Hembree.

Bullpen locks: Romo, JA, KCya, Lopez, Petit
Bullpen likely: Hembree, Dunning
Bullpen possible: De Paula, Cordier, Kontos, Machi, Huff, Bochy, Law, Runzler
Bullpen unlikely: Strickland, Berken, Lively, Loe, Reifer, Tobin

Strong field.