• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fire Vogel this weekend...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really sucks, firing Malone was so stupid. I don't blame coaches to not wanna coach here, but a guy like Vogel who focuses on defense is something this team really needs.

I am not sure it is a fit. They need somebody who Cousins will respect on day 1.

That is why I think Patrick Ewing might be the best choice. Ewing can look Cousins in the eye and tell him to man up.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure it is a fit. They need somebody who Cousins will respect on day 1.

That is why I think Patrick Ewing might be the best choice. Ewing can look Cousins in the eye and tell him to man up.
I'm more focused on what the team needs and not just making Boogie happy, although he might also respect Vogel. That said, I wouldn't mind Ewing. He could help Cousins improve on the court and it'd be hard to see Cousins not at least respecting him for the career he had. The biggest part of the HC situation is that the FO doesn't let Cousins have so much control that they always take his side if any problems rise between him and the coach. It's hard enough to get a good coach to the Kings but if he comes in knowing that he's doomed if there is any problem with Boogie that just makes it tougher, LeBron has a lot of control with the Cavs but he's at one of the top 3 or 5 players in the league and a 2 time champ.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right on about the FO.

It isn't so much about making Boogie happy as it is about finding somebody who can relate to him and hold him accountable. Like you said, that might be impossible if Vlade and Ranadive continue to let him do whatever he wants.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right on about the FO.

It isn't so much about making Boogie happy as it is about finding somebody who can relate to him and hold him accountable. Like you said, that might be impossible if Vlade and Ranadive continue to let him do whatever he wants.
It's almost at a point where trading him(and Rudy) for a big return might be the best way to go, start a rebuild with young guys and maybe a young head coach. But I got the feeling that they're not doing this at least for the upcoming season, still hoping they can build off the "improved" season of 2015-2016. If it fails, they HAVE to trade him before he walks away in FA. I'm very happy Vivek kept the Kings in Sacramento, but I worry about decisions he makes when it comes to the team.