• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fire Vogel this weekend...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Nuff said.

At least the Heat got beat tonight though.:yahoo:

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if they lose to the Raptors this weekend I agree fire him

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be honest here. I do not follow the Pacers at all, so there may be something I am missing, but why?

The Pacers' roster is really not very good aside from Paul George.

in Vogel's first 3 years, he took them to the 2nd round and the ECF twice. Year 4 he was without his best player and this year he is one win away from the 2nd round again.

Not sure what you have against Vogel, but he has gotten tremendous results from their roster. He has never lost a playoff series to anybody but LeBron. Now as a 7 seed, they are pushing the Raptors to the brink. What do you want from the man? Seems to me that he is a pretty good coach.

This has never been a no brainer 60 win team overloaded with talent. Vogel has also has to navigate some serious chemistry issues over the years.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why do you suppose everyone outside of Paul George is having a bad year for the Pacers?

Vogel has no clue on the offensive end of the floor. Did you see how lackadaiscal the team came out of the gate in Game 3? Or how they blew the 15-point lead in Game 5 when the team scored all of nine 4th quarter points? Or how he completely buried Solomon Hill for the entire first half of the season? Or how the team consistantly employs a 3-on-5 offense whenever Lavoy Allen and Ian Mahinmi start in the same frontcourt?

If it weren't for Vogel, we'd already be in the second round right now. Instead, we got to play a Game 7 in one of the most hostile crowds in the NBA.

But sure, give LeBron all the credit for all the Pacers' woes over the years. It's what everyone does.:L

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why do you suppose everyone outside of Paul George is having a bad year for the Pacers?

Vogel has no clue on the offensive end of the floor. Did you see how lackadaiscal the team came out of the gate in Game 3? Or how they blew the 15-point lead in Game 5 when the team scored all of nine 4th quarter points? Or how he completely buried Solomon Hill for the entire first half of the season? Or how the team consistantly employs a 3-on-5 offense whenever Lavoy Allen and Ian Mahinmi start in the same frontcourt?

If it weren't for Vogel, we'd already be in the second round right now. Instead, we got to play a Game 7 in one of the most hostile crowds in the NBA.

But sure, give LeBron all the credit for all the Pacers' woes over the years. It's what everyone does.:L

I think everyone is having bad years because they aren't very good players. Monta Ellis is a scorer, nothing else.

My point is that I don't think there are more than 10 coaches in the league who would have gotten more out of this team, and those guys are all locked up already. Firing Vogel is not the answer to your problem. You need better players.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Tlance. George needs more talent around him or else they're going to waste his prime

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just wanted to throw it out there that the Heat made it to the 2nd round, and Indiana didn't.

#builtnotbought! #didnotbuildright!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see a scenario where Paul George would move on quite honestly.

Well they have him for another 2 years at least. He does have a player option for 2018-2019 which I expect him to opt out of. Basically they have two years to get their shit together and surround him with better talent or else he is likely gone two years from now. He will just be 28 so a team will no doubt give him a max deal

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they have him for another 2 years at least. He does have a player option for 2018-2019 which I expect him to opt out of. Basically they have two years to get their shit together and surround him with better talent or else he is likely gone two years from now. He will just be 28 so a team will no doubt give him a max deal

I agree. Unfortunately for them, the minute they fire Vogel, you'll start to see what kind of coach Vogel was. For now, they're not going to get to the lottery which means they have to find someone that will voluntarily come to Indiana who's an all-star caliber player. And honestly, there's not many of those around.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Tlance. George needs more talent around him or else they're going to waste his prime

Unfuckingbelievable. We were the better team for the vast majority of this series. We had it won. But, because we were the #7 seed and technically not supposed to win, Vogel gets the pass just as he always has. What the fuck else is new?

Dear Larry Bird,

Some of us fans expected us to beat Toronto. Some of us actually expected to beat Miami in 2013 and 2014.

Some of us don't stand for this and yet you continue to stand pat, just like back in the day when you held on too long for the likes of Jermaine O'Neal, Stephen Jackson, and Jamaal Tinsley, not to mention that 40-day stint when you let Ron Artest rot at home searching for a trade partner while the team on the court was struggling to stay afloat in the Playoff race.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfuckingbelievable. We were the better team for the vast majority of this series. We had it won. But, because we were the #7 seed and technically not supposed to win, Vogel gets the pass just as he always has. What the fuck else is new?

Dear Larry Bird,

Some of us fans expected us to beat Toronto. Some of us actually expected to beat Miami in 2013 and 2014.

Some of us don't stand for this and yet you continue to stand pat, just like back in the day when you held on too long for the likes of Jermaine O'Neal, Stephen Jackson, and Jamaal Tinsley, not to mention that 40-day stint when you let Ron Artest rot at home searching for a trade partner while the team on the court was struggling to stay afloat in the Playoff race.

Bwhahahahahahahaha this boy is having a melt down. You actually expected to beat Miami, that's hilarious.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously. Who on the Pacers besides Ellis and Paul George are worth a damn? Myles Turner's a rookie and is decent. George Hill has always been overrated to me. Honestly, can someone explain to me how the Pacers were supposed to win that series. We all knew it would be competitive, but damn. Dij's actin like this was one of the biggest upsets in NBA history.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Heatles84 @bksballer89 Clearly you two clowns didn't pay close attention to Pacers games and just how dysfunctional Vogel's offense can become.

It's often a simple pass-and-shoot offense, and guys taking turns dribbling and going one-on-one (your turn my turn). The first half of Game 3 and the 4th quarter of Game 5 were prime examples.

But since we were the #7 seed, we shouldn't have won anyway. The should excuse the faults of everyone in the organization according to you two geniuses.

Maybe we do need to reload to get better players and I never disputed that, but the guys in place were still in good position to get it done and yet managed to let it get away.

That's all I got for now. Rant over.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously. Who on the Pacers besides Ellis and Paul George are worth a damn? Myles Turner's a rookie and is decent. George Hill has always been overrated to me. Honestly, can someone explain to me how the Pacers were supposed to win that series. We all knew it would be competitive, but damn. Dij's actin like this was one of the biggest upsets in NBA history.

Never said anything about an upset, just pointing out that the Pacers had more than enough to win and that someone needs to be geld accountable.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said anything about an upset, just pointing out that the Pacers had more than enough to win and that someone needs to be geld accountable.

I agree that the offense was not great, but the Bulls said the same thing last year when they fired Thibs. How did that work out? Maybe hiring an offensive coordinator would be a better move. My take from last night:

1) Paul George is outstanding. 2nd best player in the east, hands down.
2) Myles Turner can develop into a nice offensive player, but he is 2-3 years away from being a reliable go to option
3) the guards (Ellis, Hill, Stuckey, Hill) are all redundant pieces. None of them are any good playing off the ball. They are all at their best attacking with the ball in their hands. That is why the Pacers play so much ISO ball.
4) George Hill is a good player, but not a starting caliber PG. he has a tough time running the offense. He would be best suited for a 6th man combo guard role, like Corey Joseph.
5) the big men, other than Turner, have very little offensive ability. Change coaches if you want, but Mahimi and Allen are defenders/rebounders.

To be honest, I don't think many coaches could have done better with this team. You can say that you expected to beat the Heat, flush with 3 future hall of fame players, but only a Pacer fan would say that. They were the superior team, hands down, yet Vogel got them close.

I am usually tougher on coaches than most. In fact, I was saying Scott Brooks was the problem in OKC the year he took them to the Finals and was laughed at. Vogel has consistently gotten this team to overachieve and I think he is one of the ten best coaches in the NBA.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the offense was not great, but the Bulls said the same thing last year when they fired Thibs. How did that work out? Maybe hiring an offensive coordinator would be a better move. My take from last night:

1) Paul George is outstanding. 2nd best player in the east, hands down.
2) Myles Turner can develop into a nice offensive player, but he is 2-3 years away from being a reliable go to option
3) the guards (Ellis, Hill, Stuckey, Hill) are all redundant pieces. None of them are any good playing off the ball. They are all at their best attacking with the ball in their hands. That is why the Pacers play so much ISO ball.
4) George Hill is a good player, but not a starting caliber PG. he has a tough time running the offense. He would be best suited for a 6th man combo guard role, like Corey Joseph.
5) the big men, other than Turner, have very little offensive ability. Change coaches if you want, but Mahimi and Allen are defenders/rebounders.

To be honest, I don't think many coaches could have done better with this team. You can say that you expected to beat the Heat, flush with 3 future hall of fame players, but only a Pacer fan would say that. They were the superior team, hands down, yet Vogel got them close.

I am usually tougher on coaches than most. In fact, I was saying Scott Brooks was the problem in OKC the year he took them to the Finals and was laughed at. Vogel has consistently gotten this team to overachieve and I think he is one of the ten best coaches in the NBA.

Agree with all of this. I'm not a fan of Ellis at all. And for Hill as you stated is more of a backup PG/6th man type of player. He should not be starting on any championship caliber team.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Heatles84 @bksballer89 Clearly you two clowns didn't pay close attention to Pacers games and just how dysfunctional Vogel's offense can become.

It's often a simple pass-and-shoot offense, and guys taking turns dribbling and going one-on-one (your turn my turn). The first half of Game 3 and the 4th quarter of Game 5 were prime examples.

But since we were the #7 seed, we shouldn't have won anyway. The should excuse the faults of everyone in the organization according to you two geniuses.

Maybe we do need to reload to get better players and I never disputed that, but the guys in place were still in good position to get it done and yet managed to let it get away.

That's all I got for now. Rant over.

It seems like you're going to get your wish. They have not begun contract talks with Vogel. He is likely gone. The Knicks should jump all over him as long as Phil doesn't force the triangle on him.