• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fire Donnie Dum Dum

shoktart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The players really like Donnie, which may translate that they feel no pressure from him to perform. His laid-back style doesn't seem very motivational.

:10::suds::agree::yahoo::clap:

This is the most accurate and relevant thing I've read all day. And it was written a couple weeks ago. Nicely said Old1949!!

The players love Donnie baseball because he allows them to go through the motions without any consequences or even confrontations.

A laid-back style as a coach or manager only works in sports if you have highly motivated star athletes.

Phil Jackson + Kobe Bryant = championships!!

Donnie baseball + Kershaw, Kemp, Gonzalez, Han-Ram, Ethier, Crawford & Greinke = an enabling environment for underachieving.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLBTradeRumors is reporting the following. Not sure how much of a revelation it is.

It may not be fair, but Dodgers skipper Don Mattingly will be expected to turn things around once Zack Greinke is back in action, writes Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com. The banged up Dodgers are 16-22 heading into tonight's game versus the Nationals.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don Mattingly Firing: Over/Under

Over/under on Mattingly's firing? 10 days.

I'm going to say slightly over. I say 12 days and he's done.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to take the over. I suspect Management is going to wait for Hanley's return at the very least. Plus, who do you replace Mattingly with who is going to realistically turn things around? I'm not a big fan of Mattingly and my primary concern with him is he doesn't seem to make these guys accountable, but the players should take it upon themselves to step things up. Too many of these guys look like they're going through the motions. That irks me to no end.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is exactly why he should be fired: an almost total lack of accountability for a very talented team.

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There's a decent chance Sciocia, Gardenhire or both may be available at the end of the season. Both are good managers, and could easily transition to the NL.
Ozzie Guillen is still out there! LOL

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scioscia may not last the season in Anaheim, especially if there's an opening at Chavez.

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mattingly will be done at the ASB. I hope Colletti goes with him. At that point it will be all about starting to prepare for next year, since this year will be a lost cause. It would be fun to see them bring Lasorda back as interim manager.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mattingly will be done at the ASB. I hope Colletti goes with him. At that point it will be all about starting to prepare for next year, since this year will be a lost cause. It would be fun to see them bring Lasorda back as interim manager.

Can you even IMAGINE? :omg: Man, that would be a dream. I'm not sure Tommy would be able to handle not hanging out in all his favorite Hollywood Italian joints late at night though.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does anyone want to coach these "mercenary" teams? Miami last year, Angels and Dodgers and Blue Jays this year...seems like winning the offseason on paper battle is bad for the real season. Chemistry is key.

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So does anyone want to coach these "mercenary" teams? Miami last year, Angels and Dodgers and Blue Jays this year...seems like winning the offseason on paper battle is bad for the real season. Chemistry is key.

You hit the nail on the head there. These guys are either the semi-hero, or the scapegoat. Very good chance they become the goat.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday I said 12 days and I'm sticking with that. I say Mattingly is gone in less than 2 weeks.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't be long. However, I think the real question would then be, who's next?

With all of the scuttlebutt that I have heard about Donny being shown the door, I am getting nothing as to whom might be next in line to take over.

That to me is pretty telling of a bad situation, and one likely to get worse before it gets better.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't be long. However, I think the real question would then be, who's next?

With all of the scuttlebutt that I have heard about Donny being shown the door, I am getting nothing as to whom might be next in line to take over.

That to me is pretty telling of a bad situation, and one likely to get worse before it gets better.

Probably a talking head? If not, could Lou Piniella be lured out of retirement for such an opportunity? Very doubtful as he's now an East Coast guy but he would instantly energize the fanbase, if not the players. And he wouldn't take shit from anyone. Again, not at all likely but interesting nonetheless.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just tweeted Buster Olney. Let's see if he responds.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just tweeted Buster Olney. Let's see if he responds.

If you can find and bend the ear of FOX's Ken Rosenthal, he might have more on the issue than Olney. He just seems to be doing the bulk of the writing on the subject that I can see is all.

Last edited by a moderator: