• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Final Regular Season Top 10

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State fans are fucking delusional, this thread proves it. Ohio States best win is to an overrated Michigan team. They were a botched snap away from losing to Indiana and struggled against Northern Illinois but yeah Ohio State fans you deserve the Rose Bowl. LOfuckingL

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State fans are fucking delusional, this thread proves it. Ohio States best win is to an overrated Michigan team. They were a botched snap away from losing to Indiana and struggled against Northern Illinois but yeah Ohio State fans you deserve the Rose Bowl. LOfuckingL

Well, that overrated Michigan team beat Iowa's best win 38-0, so that argument doesn't really help your case.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it doesn't change the fact Ohio State lost, that game was played in pretty awful weather, which certainly impacted how the game was played. Iowa lost because they couldn't stop a 22-play, 9-minute drive, or do much of anything on offense in the second half except one big play.

Iowa won their division, but they play in the weaker division. They lost to the same team, by the same score, so I don't think they should automatically be rewarded for playing in the lesser division. Iowa played the second weakest possible schedule in the Big Ten (the only way it could have been any weaker is by playing Rutgers instead of Indiana). Speaking of which, both teams played @Indiana and hosted Maryland with fairly similar results. Ohio State beat Illinois and Minnesota more convincingly, but whatever.

Iowa's best win was @NW (in mid-October), Ohio State's best win was @Michigan (in the last game of the regular season). Both were beat downs. Michigan beat NW down in similar fashion.

Pitt is a decent non-con win, but considering it was at home, and on a last second FG, I don't think it's any more impressive than Ohio State going into Blacksburg and beating VT by 18 (likely would have been more had they not put in backups). Iowa's three other non-cons were Illinois State (to be fair, they're a pretty good FCS team), ISU (one of the worst P5 teams), and North Texas (on the short list for worst team in FBS). Northern Illinois, WMU, and Hawaii may not be the greatest non-con, but it's certainly better than what Iowa played.

Before someone says, "What about Wisconsin? They're 9-3, that's a good win." I'd point out that all nine wins came against teams with a losing record. They played Bama on a neutral field and got rolled, and hosted Iowa and NW, losing both. If not for the fact they had to play Iowa, instead of themselves, they would have played the weakest possible schedule in the Big Ten. Their best win was @ Nebraska on a last second FG. I'd say Ohio State beating down PSU is more impressive than Iowa beating Wisconsin by 4 (in what was almost certainly one of the ugliest games of the season).

Pimping out WMU, NIU and Hawaii is like an Iowa fan pimping out the fact they played Iowa State. Your non conference was as miserable as ours.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pimping out WMU, NIU and Hawaii is like an Iowa fan pimping out the fact they played Iowa State. Your non conference was as miserable as ours.

I was hardly pimping it. I said it was better than yours, which isn't saying much. Although, I'd point out that VT and NIU looked like a pretty legit non-con 1-2 when they were scheduled.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how stating a fact (Michigan beating NW 38-0) makes one delusional.
ok then, because Michigan beat Northwestern by 38 then they should be ranked ahead of Iowa since Iowa only beat them by 30

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Iowa falls below tOSU it will be a complete joke. Iowa gets penalized for playing one more game than tOSU? Iowa loses to the same team that tOSU lost to by the same exact margin and has one more win than tOSU. Iowa has a better resume than tOSU but yeah, rank Ohio State ahead of Iowa because that makes a ton of sense

Shouldnt have made it to the B1G championship then lol. The later you lose the worse it is, it has always been like that.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot of pointless ftball games the last 3 wks if there was an 8 team playoff

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldnt have made it to the B1G championship then lol. The later you lose the worse it is, it has always been like that.
you should not get penalized for playing in your conference championship game unless you get your dicks planted in the dirt. The committee got it right today