• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Final Regular Season Top 10

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Oklahoma
4. Michigan State
5. Iowa
6. Stanford
7. Ohio State
8. Notre Dame
9. FSU
10. North Carolina

ACC and B1G - 3 teams each
SEC, PAC12, Big12 and Independent - 1 team each.

Congrats!

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU and Bama should be switched, but that obviously won't happen. I think there's a good chance MSU will be #3 though. I also think Iowa drops to 7, behind Ohio State and Stanford (coinflip on that ordering). I think ND and FSU are highly questionable top 10 teams, but if they didn't correct it previously, they're not going to correct it now. UNC won't stay at 10, nor should they. I'd put TCU, NW, Ole Miss, and Houston above them.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Oklahoma
4. Michigan State
5. Iowa
6. Stanford
7. Ohio State
8. Notre Dame
9. FSU
10. North Carolina

ACC and B1G - 3 teams each
SEC, PAC12, Big12 and Independent - 1 team each.

Congrats!
North Carolina will be dropping out of the top 10

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what are the playoff matchups and where?

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
North Carolina will be dropping out of the top 10
It was a mercy vote because they got screwed, and frankly because by the time I got down that far on the list I really didn't care.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think OSU should be above Iowa.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moral victories for the OSUx blowhorns. You had an entire season of cupcakes to prepare for 2 games. So, you end up ranked 7th with only one win...over fuckin' Michigan. :lol: Iowa and MSU? What a fucking joke.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moral victories for the OSUx blowhorns. You had an entire season of cupcakes to prepare for 2 games. So, you end up ranked 7th with only one win...over fuckin' Michigan. :lol: Iowa and MSU? What a fucking joke.
obsessed with Ohio State meme spongebob.jpg

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Iowa falls below tOSU it will be a complete joke. Iowa gets penalized for playing one more game than tOSU? Iowa loses to the same team that tOSU lost to by the same exact margin and has one more win than tOSU. Iowa has a better resume than tOSU but yeah, rank Ohio State ahead of Iowa because that makes a ton of sense

Reactions: BUD

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Clemson
2. Michigan State
3. Alabama
4. Oklahoma
5. Iowa
6. Stanford
7. Ohio State
8. Notre Dame
9. Florida State
10. North Carolina

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you going to have a quarterback next who can manage not to take illegal substances and/or sexual m0lest anyone next year, or do we have to look forward to more of the same division III caliber offense from the Gators next year?

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Iowa falls below tOSU it will be a complete joke. Iowa gets penalized for playing one more game than tOSU? Iowa loses to the same team that tOSU lost to by the same exact margin and has one more win than tOSU. Iowa has a better resume than tOSU but yeah, rank Ohio State ahead of Iowa because that makes a ton of sense

Iowa does not have a better resume.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa does not have a better resume.

Actually they do.

Loss is better(neutral field as opposed to home)
Wins are better. NW is ranked higher than Michigan. 2nd best win Wisconsin is better than PSU. 3rd best win Pitt is better than whoever Ohio State wants to claim as their 3rd best win, NIU/WMU/Va Tech/Indiana?

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually they do.

Loss is better(neutral field as opposed to home)
Wins are better. NW is ranked higher than Michigan. 2nd best win Wisconsin is better than PSU. 3rd best win Pitt is better than whoever Ohio State wants to claim as their 3rd best win, NIU/WMU/Va Tech/Indiana?

Ohio State beat more teams over .500. Ohio State has a better margin of victory. But, don't take my word for it!....

The main quarrel the committee will have to figure out is whether to drop previous No. 4 Iowa below No. 6 Ohio State for losing a close one to No. 5 Michigan State, a thing OSU also did. That will decide the Big Ten's Rose bid, as the bowl's indicating it'll take the highest-ranked non-Playoff team, no matter what.

I think the Buckeyes rank higher. OSU has six wins over .500-plus FBS teams; Iowa has four. OSU has the better scoring margin despite the tougher-ish schedule. The committee can't cite advanced stats in its discussions, but any computer rating you want to look up will tell you the Buckeyes were better this season.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State beat more teams over .500. Ohio State has a better margin of victory. But, don't take my word for it!....

The main quarrel the committee will have to figure out is whether to drop previous No. 4 Iowa below No. 6 Ohio State for losing a close one to No. 5 Michigan State, a thing OSU also did. That will decide the Big Ten's Rose bid, as the bowl's indicating it'll take the highest-ranked non-Playoff team, no matter what.

I think the Buckeyes rank higher. OSU has six wins over .500-plus FBS teams; Iowa has four. OSU has the better scoring margin despite the tougher-ish schedule. The committee can't cite advanced stats in its discussions, but any computer rating you want to look up will tell you the Buckeyes were better this season.

Man I've never seen a fan base pimp wins over MAC schools like Ohio State has this year.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I've never seen a fan base pimp wins over MAC schools like Ohio State has this year.

So, Iowa played shittier shit schools. Good point. North Texas, Iowa State, Illinois State....haha

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Iowa played shittier shit schools. Good point. North Texas, Iowa State, Illinois State....haha

Neither OSU or Iowa played a good OOC. But Iowa overall had a better SoS based on playing yesterday. Wins against .500+ teams is good and all except when talking about MAC schools with 5 losses a piece.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so, but Iowa won their division and lost on a neutral field to MSU by the same marging; OSU lost at home.

While it doesn't change the fact Ohio State lost, that game was played in pretty awful weather, which certainly impacted how the game was played. Iowa lost because they couldn't stop a 22-play, 9-minute drive, or do much of anything on offense in the second half except one big play.

Iowa won their division, but they play in the weaker division. They lost to the same team, by the same score, so I don't think they should automatically be rewarded for playing in the lesser division. Iowa played the second weakest possible schedule in the Big Ten (the only way it could have been any weaker is by playing Rutgers instead of Indiana). Speaking of which, both teams played @Indiana and hosted Maryland with fairly similar results. Ohio State beat Illinois and Minnesota more convincingly, but whatever.

Iowa's best win was @NW (in mid-October), Ohio State's best win was @Michigan (in the last game of the regular season). Both were beat downs. Michigan beat NW down in similar fashion.

Pitt is a decent non-con win, but considering it was at home, and on a last second FG, I don't think it's any more impressive than Ohio State going into Blacksburg and beating VT by 18 (likely would have been more had they not put in backups). Iowa's three other non-cons were Illinois State (to be fair, they're a pretty good FCS team), ISU (one of the worst P5 teams), and North Texas (on the short list for worst team in FBS). Northern Illinois, WMU, and Hawaii may not be the greatest non-con, but it's certainly better than what Iowa played.

Before someone says, "What about Wisconsin? They're 9-3, that's a good win." I'd point out that all nine wins came against teams with a losing record. They played Bama on a neutral field and got rolled, and hosted Iowa and NW, losing both. If not for the fact they had to play Iowa, instead of themselves, they would have played the weakest possible schedule in the Big Ten. Their best win was @ Nebraska on a last second FG. I'd say Ohio State beating down PSU is more impressive than Iowa beating Wisconsin by 4 (in what was almost certainly one of the ugliest games of the season).

Last edited: