• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FINAL PREDCTIONS: Free Agency Predictions

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why NBA Sign-And-Trades Are Rare

plus, who would the Sixers even want? they are not going to take trash like Waiters, JJohnson, Olnyk, Whiteside, Anderson, etc. Not like the Heat have a much in the case of draft assets to trade either ocnsidering they cant trade their 2020 or 2022 pick

You asked how they can get Butler and I answered....

If Butler is insisting on going to Houston or Miami then Philly wont have much of a choice unless they're ok with losing Butler for free.

Not difficult to understand

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

plus, who would the Sixers even want? they are not going to take trash like Waiters, JJohnson, Olnyk, Whiteside, Anderson, etc. Not like the Heat have a much in the case of draft assets to trade either ocnsidering they cant trade their 2020 or 2022 pick

Dragic,Winslow, or Richardson I would think.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how the hell will they get Butler when they are so far over the cap its crazy?

He apparently wants to be here, and is meeting with Rlley tonight.
If, when said and done, he still chooses the Heat, there is no question that cap space will be created.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Butler is insisting on going to Houston or Miami then Philly wont have much of a choice unless they're ok with losing Butler for free.

Not only that, if Butler narrows it down to one team, Philly loses alot of their control over the situation.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only that, if Butler narrows it down to one team, Philly loses alot of their control over the situation.

Philly needs a new coach.

Learn from the Thunder. Don’t let your window close with a mediocre coach at the helm. Way too much talent there for that.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2020 and 2022 pick swaps would work for me....

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've got to take salary back also

I meant as sweeteners.

Sure, they need to take back Olynk and get a third team involved to move him.
There would certainly be a lot more involved, but I was just pointing out that Miami not being able to trade their 2020 and 2022 picks would not be an issue if they were to swap.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

actually I think its pretty difficult to understand--- what if the Sixers say--- sure go for it Jimmy--- go to the Heat or Rockets--- 2 teams with no cap room- go fuck yourself and sign for the mid level.

then what?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He apparently wants to be here, and is meeting with Rlley tonight.
If, when said and done, he still chooses the Heat, there is no question that cap space will be created.
Miami Heat 2019-20 Salary Cap

the cap is 109.

Butler is able to sign a max worth that is 4/141, that will start at just over 32M dollars.

To get that amount of cap room the Heat would have to get down to 77M

right now?

-Anderson and Whiteside ALONE-- just those two worthless assholes make over 48M next year. Add in Olnyk, Waiters, J.Johnson, the total is up to 87.2 million

JUST: Anderson, Whiteside, Onlyk, Waiters, and Johnson equal 87.2M.

That does not even count Winslow, Dragic, Richardson, Adejbayo, and cap holds for the rest of the roster.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually I think its pretty difficult to understand--- what if the Sixers say--- sure go for it Jimmy--- go to the Heat or Rockets--- 2 teams with no cap room- go fuck yourself and sign for the mid level.

then what?

Then he signs with the Clippers, the Nets, the Knicks or even the Lakers who are willing to offer the near max...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please explain how that works

Miami Heat 2019-20 Salary Cap

the cap is 109.

Butler is able to sign a max worth that is 4/141, that will start at just over 32M dollars.

To get that amount of cap room the Heat would have to get down to 77M

right now?

-Anderson and Whiteside ALONE-- just those two worthless assholes make over 48M next year. Add in Olnyk, Waiters, J.Johnson, the total is up to 87.2 million

JUST: Anderson, Whiteside, Onlyk, Waiters, and Johnson equal 87.2M.

That does not even count Winslow, Dragic, Richardson, Adejbayo, and cap holds for the rest of the roster.

Obviously the Heat would have to dump some salary. Whom or what?
Who knows?

As far as first comment, if Butler 100% wants Miami, and whatever their best offer can be vs a max/sign and trade from Philly, then Philly has no leverage.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

then what?

That's what I'm saying! The Sixers shouldn't please Jimmy's trade request if the other teams don't have much to offer. Let his ass walk if he doesn't wanna play in philly.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

then what?

So, you think no other team in the league would be willing to work out a trade with the Heat?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm saying! The Sixers shouldn't please Jimmy's trade request if the other teams don't have much to offer. Let his ass walk if he doesn't wanna play in philly.

I hear what you're saying, but you think they want him to walk for nothing...?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you think no other team in the league would be willing to work out a trade with the Heat?
for who and what?

usually if you want to get rid of a guy that is a bad contract you have to attach picks, but they dont have any first rounders to trade for the next 3 years. They cant trade one of their first rounders until 2022.

I think if you really wanted to you could get rid of ONE of those guys --- but you would have to get rid of basically all of them which is impossible.

I mean, unless you wanted to trade like Richardson and the new kid you just drafted, Langford, and Olnyk to the Sixers plus maybe a pick swap. Maybe that gets it done

But is that what you really want to do to give Jimmy Butler a monstrous contract?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That’s def their choice, but I highly doubt it is what they will choose.

If they are happy giving up Covington, Saric, and whatever for a few month rental, then go for it.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for who and what?

usually if you want to get rid of a guy that is a bad contract you have to attach picks, but they dont have any first rounders to trade for the next 3 years. They cant trade one of their first rounders until 2022.

I think if you really wanted to you could get rid of ONE of those guys --- but you would have to get rid of basically all of them which is impossible.

I mean, unless you wanted to trade like Richardson and the new kid you just drafted, Langford, and Olnyk to the Sixers plus maybe a pick swap. Maybe that gets it done

But is that what you really want to do to give Jimmy Butler a monstrous contract?

Whoaa.
Ive never said that I’d sell the farm to get Butler.
Id have to see end deal before offering an opinion.
Im saying if he wants to come, the Heat will find a way whether Philly is involved or not if they really want him.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly needs a new coach.

Learn from the Thunder. Don’t let your window close with a mediocre coach at the helm. Way too much talent there for that.

I think they could another piece or 2, but i'm with you on that one, coach...