• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Film Study: part 1

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lombardi's offense is a good one but the players haven't executed:

Upon watching close to a half of the Bills game and a few segments from all of the rest of the games, its easier to identify the roles of certain players, what they're trying to do and where the mistakes are being made. I can say for sure that once everyone is on the same page, we will enjoy watching them play because there is some real potential here.

Here's a few notes I've taken from what Ive seen so far:

Stafford is being too quick with some of his reads or either a tad bit late at times. If he cleans that up a little, he will be much better.

Fuller is definitely the team's vertical threat and I think many of the play-action calls are for him. He's consistently running past the defense but things usually break down before a shot is taken.

When Lions go 5 wide, they will be very difficult to defend once everything comes together.

Rob Sims is playing very bad.

Bush still struggles with hesitation.

Ebron is athletic as hell and runs very good routes.

Ross has been good but a little confused in the offense.

There's much more to talk about.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Upon watching close to a half of the Bills game and a few segments from all of the rest of the games, its easier to identify the roles of certain players, what they're trying to do and where the mistakes are being made. I can say for sure that once everyone is on the same page, we will enjoy watching them play because there is some real potential here.

Stafford is being too quick with some of his reads or either a tad bit late at times. If he cleans that up a little, he will be much better.

Fuller is definitely the team's vertical threat and I think many of the play-action calls are for him. He's consistently running past the defense but things usually break down before a shot is taken.

When Lions go 5 wide, they will be very difficult to defend once everything comes together.

Great stuff! Keep it comin'!!!

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. Of course I'm not an expert but I'd like to think I know a thing or two about this sport. Lol

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd like to see them put Broyles in Ross' spot.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thats pretty much how I saw it and spread out most of your comments over various threads. You hit on Everything I saw on offense anyway. Raiola is not doing particularly well either and RT has been a mess all season.

Agree with Jay in that we need more Broyles.

On defense it has been pretty good with the exception of a couple of calls and spotty coverage at times. They were gassed at the end of the Bills game.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lions like Ross' ability after the catch more than they do Broyles. I'd definitely give Broyles some looks early in the game to get the chains moving though.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Old Lion. Right now Im going through mostly some offensive stuff since thats been the topic and where most of the problems are. I'm looking at Stafford and these WRs and how Lombardi calls plays right now.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice stuff there.

I think it's important for everyone to remember that we're only 5 games into a brand-new offense for all these guys, so, like you said, once it all comes together we'll get a much better idea of who can do what for us going forward...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see them put Broyles in Ross' spot.

His strong suite was a great route runner in college and found the open spots to sit in a zone. He should surely get more reps.

I say this with all the talk of guys not getting open.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His strong suite was a great route runner in college and found the open spots to sit in a zone. He should surely get more reps.

I say this with all the talk of guys not getting open.

I don't understand why Broyles isn't seeing more time. When he is out there I am not seeing drops, lack of effort or anything.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres a variety of things going besides guys not getting open. Seems like Broyles would do well with underneath routes but the offense seems more vertical imo.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone seen Titus lately? Is he still in the NFL?

No, but he's leading his prison-league flag football team in all-purpose yards.

Last edited by a moderator:

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your observation on Sims has been confirmed by a report I've just read on a sidelionreport.com website. Says he should be benched

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've been seeming, the o-line has been real inconsistent with limiting pressure during drives. Theres some issues.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've been seeming, the o-line has been real inconsistent with limiting pressure during drives. Theres some issues.

I think it has something to do with them not sure what they are doing. I agree Sims looks like a swinging gate so far. Raiola just does not have it in him to be able to pick up the slack for him. He is more of a field general at this point. Time for Swanson to take over that guard position and the move to center next year and draft another OL. Waddle has not been great either, but he has been hurt so much that he has not had enough reps to judge him fairly. Give it another game or 2.