• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FBI investigation: 20 programs named for players taking money

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you, and I think Derski is pretty hurt like all real AZ fans are. And Miller is guilty as fuck, for sure. But I think we'd be crazy to think that he's the only one. So why just him right now? Again, I don't think it's a conspiracy (fall guy) as much as someone having an axe to grind for Miller. But I think it's a safe bet that Miller is 100% not the only one, so why he's singled out and raked over the coals is at least worth asking.

Oh we all know he is not alone. But so far he is the only one who we have heard of being recorded discussing money for a recruit. So naturally he's the one who will be singled out right now. If others are in the report we will move on to them.

Regardless your coach is reported to have been recorded and crying that he is a scape goat is not a good look. Others being guilty does not lessen his guilt.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I wasn't trying to compare Cuse to anybody, just to say they've been investigated and were on probation.

If you think they're totally innocent, fine by me.

I'm not going to sit here and say Villanova coaches and players without a doubt have never broken a rule. That's for sure.

lmao...ok man. I'm not claiming any of that. But I will go back to my op and say, if true, Miller and AZ are fucked.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot about that case including the NCAA losing two appeals in the past few years in order to keep a lid on the emails. The NCAA was dirty as fvk in that case.

There's no sport to turn to.

Amateur athletics is a sham in college football and basketball.

Pro athletes are in general ... not nice guys.

You just watch it, drink beer and be entertained.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Darrell Green Fan Yeah I feel like we’re talking past each other. I know for the most part you’re addressing derski’s post but I’m just saying I think it’s interesting that with 3000 hours of wiretapping and knowing there are more coaches, why Miller is the only one thrown to the wolves right now. Again, I’m personally not saying that he was a fall guy. And others being guilty doesn’t make him less guilty; that’s not what I’m saying. I think that if the FBI had come out and said that with 3000 hours of tapes these 10-20 (or whatever the number is) coaches talked money, that it would paint a better picture of the reality of the situation instead of just everyone talking about Miller (or whoever in his place, because again, fuck him). Instead of that, Miller is the only one, even though they obviously have the other coaches already on the tapes, and only Miller got out. Again, ultimately it doesn’t matter because it’s all fucked anyway, it’s just something that I noticed that I think is interesting. Why him instead of any of the other (out of however many they have on the tapes) coaches? But whatever.

Last edited:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like a fan who wants to blame everyone but the coach for being guilty. Again if the reports are true and there is no more to come out regarding other coaches. And even if there are other coaches, if the report is true than Miller isn't a scapegoat, he is guilty
I said always get a fall guy. Not that Miller is the fall guy.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do realize that if/when ASU gets caught up in this, rest assured that I'm going to be back here and make you choke on all the shit you've talked, right?

And all of your shit talking also leads me to believe that your hatred for AZ is more than your love of CBB (since you care more about AZ going down than CBB going down), which is pathetic in and of itself.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank goodness for Michigan State they did their own investigation and found no wrong doings so their star player who was linked in this investigation will be able to play tonight!

Is this just Izzo and co deciding to go down with the ship?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said always get a fall guy. Not that Miller is the fall guy.
Miller should have taken your advice. How he didn't realize this is beyond me. But you can't really create a fall guy when you are the one making the phone call for negotiations. You should have a guy, who talks to a guy, who talks to a guy, who talks to a guy, who offers the guy.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a spread sheet uncovered by an FBI raid! We are getting ahead of ourselves a bit, but these violations aren't substantiated but aIIeged! Did the agent pay for meaIs? Did agents pay part of the meaI and the parent pay their share? Did the agent seek reimbursement when they didn't pay anything? Who knows? We have no comments from parents or kids here? Just a spread sheet from the FBI

Anyway, the NCAA rules do aIIow repayment of any monies under $200 without loss of eIigibiIity

My question, The rule says eligibility is restored upon repayment of the loan. Does that mean it’s retro actively restored, or after repayment of the loan you are eligible?

Had a brain fart earlier, obviously can’t lose a national championship over Brice Johnson lol but still curious.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loud Mouth's son has something to say about this.

www.yahoo.com/sports/lonzo-ball-college-basketball-everybody-212801293.html

How about we go the complete opposite direction of trying to regulate this shit? Piss on regulating anything Change the rules to allow each player to squeeze whatever the hell they can out of the shoe company, university, etc...and pay the IRS their share. Wide open. The wild, wild west.

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh we all know he is not alone. But so far he is the only one who we have heard of being recorded discussing money for a recruit. So naturally he's the one who will be singled out right now. If others are in the report we will move on to them.

Regardless your coach is reported to have been recorded and crying that he is a scape goat is not a good look. Others being guilty does not lessen his guilt.

Hey, DGF...

Remember our heated argument back in 2011 on KFFL about whether Maryland was a prestigious enough program to be able to lure Sean Miller away from Arizona?

I guess you guys are lucky now that didn't happen or this might be Maryland we were talking about today.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question, The rule says eligibility is restored upon repayment of the loan. Does that mean it’s retro actively restored, or after repayment of the loan you are?

Had a brain fart earlier, obviously can’t lose a national championship over Brice Johnson lol but still curious.

Nope, you are ineligible once ruled that way by the NCAA! But remember that these ascertains are accusations coming from a fiIe that was found by the FBI after a raid of this agent's computer! Nobody knows for certain that every singIe item they found is corroborated and true; and most importantIy, can be proven!

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, you are ineligible once ruled that way by the NCAA! But remember that these ascertains are accusations coming from a fiIe that was found by the FBI after a raid of this agent's computer! Nobody knows for certain that every singIe item they found is corroborated and true; and most importantIy, can be proven!

No. If you’ve broken rules that would make you ineligible and the ncaa finds out then they rule you ineligible retroactive to the date you broke the rule. So, if the ncaa proves that Dennis smith or Ayton accepted that money before playing in a game then any game they won in which he played is vacated...

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. If you’ve broken rules that would make you and the ncaa finds out then they rule you ineligible retroactive to the date you broke the rule. So, if the ncaa proves that Dennis smith or Ayton accepted that money before playing in a game then any game they won in which he played is vacated...

Thats right, If you broke the rules, yes! But accusing a player of breaking rules doesn't make that Player ineligible does it?

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats right, If you broke the rules, yes! But accusing a player of breaking rules doesn't make that Player ineligible does it?

No, but that isn’t relevant when it comes to the question i asked. Literally completely irrelevant