• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FBI investigation: 20 programs named for players taking money

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everybody is a bit off-base here.

This has been a sweeping investigation that has found wrong doing everywhere.

These items are criminal in nature. People are going to go to jail.

I believe when it's all over...the NCAA will be gutted. There will be massive reforms.
Massive changes in educational requirements. Everything will be changed.

This is going to get nasty as hell. Both in basketball and football.

I would believe that the NFL and the NBA better start making plans for minor league teams,
because they will be drafting folks from High School, because those kids, without 3.0 averages
in core courses won't be getting scholarships.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, DGF...

Remember our heated argument back in 2011 on KFFL about whether Maryland was a prestigious enough program to be able to lure Sean Miller away from Arizona?

I guess you guys are lucky now that didn't happen or this might be Maryland we were talking about today.

Yeah I have since learned that he is a POS. I stand by the position that Maryland is a good enough job to get a coach with his accomplishments, I'm just glad we didn't get THIS coach now.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's happening.....

Shareef O'Neal (son of THAT O'Neal) decided not to go the desert in Arizona.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of other schools will benefit from this investigation as players decide not to go to their first choice school.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was laughing at jay Williams today. He caught himself halfway through his sentence. He said usually the coach doesn't directly involve himself in the process. Stopped himself and said atleast that's what I've been told. Right...

It is true. A smart HC could have an assistant do that shit, not do it directly.

Damn, he must have really wanted Ayton.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I laugh at all these sports folks who are 'somewhat' joking about what the field of the NCAA tournament is going to look like. In the wake of all this just remember for programs to take a hit the NCAA has to punish them. After all, North Carolina created fake classes and gave fake grades to their student athletes and nothing happened to them. My guess is coaches get fired but the NCAA won't do a thing about this.

How much Hoop cash do you want to bet on that?

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Darrell Green Fan I think it’s interesting that with 3000 hours of wiretapping and knowing there are more coaches, why Miller is the only one thrown to the wolves right now.

So far Miller is the only head coach name that's been leaked. All of this is from "sources" familiar with the investigation. The only names made public so far are Miller, Richardson, Evans, Parson and Bland, the last four being assistant coaches arrested last year.

According to people with knowledge of the FBI investigation, Miller and Dawkins, a runner working for ASM Sports agent Andy Miller, had multiple conversations about Ayton. When Dawkins asked Sean Miller if he should work with assistant coach Emanuel "Book" Richardson to finalize their agreement, Miller told Dawkins he should deal directly with him when it came to money, the sources said.

Oklahoma State's Lamont Evans, Auburn's Chuck Person and Southern Califorinia's' Tony Bland were the other assistant coaches charged in the cases, along with Adidas executives James Gatto and Merl Code and former NBA referee Rashan Michel.

As example, there is really nothing linking Rick Pitino to this....other than we all know Slick Rick will do about anything so between banging a woman not his wife, prostitutes for recruit and players and now pay for play.....Rick's complicit, but also cunning enough to ensure there won't be a tape out there.

Where with Miller....it's being reported they have solid proof.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats right, If you broke the rules, yes! But accusing a player of breaking rules doesn't make that Player ineligible does it?

That shit with carter....$100 dollar dinner at some steak house for his mom ... It's a f'n joke they add in a dinner like it's the same as paying families big money. I'm glad Duke still played him last night.

And then to hear Carter's family say iell the story, they didn't eat there after they figured out what everything was about. Something like that anyways. But because the agent had listed them as an expense, Carter and Duke get called out. That's f'd up.

Paying college kids to attend .... more than I make ... will just ruin it for me. And I thought stipends was over the top. :L But some of the shit listed in this ust muddies the water for no reason.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That shit with carter....$100 dollar dinner at some steak house for his mom ... It's a f'n joke they add in a dinner like it's the same as paying families big money. I'm glad Duke still played him last night.

And then to hear Carter's family say iell the story, they didn't eat there after they figured out what everything was about. Something like that anyways. But because the agent had listed them as an expense, Carter and Duke get called out. That's f'd up.

Paying college kids to attend .... more than I make ... will just ruin it for me. And I thought stipends was over the top. :L But some of the shit listed in this ust muddies the water for no reason.

Guys who are in sales make out expense reports everyday! They aIso fudge those reports in order to get their money back from time to time, so the fact that this particular spread sheet had "dinner" expense $106 with Carter's Mom is not surprising! The fact that every news organization and story about what Sean MiIIer did and Arizona is somewhat the same as a $106 doIIar meaI at PF Changs or wherever, and that is supposed to be the same thing is biased ridiculous journalism and total buIIshit!!

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far Miller is the only head coach name that's been leaked. All of this is from "sources" familiar with the investigation. The only names made public so far are Miller, Richardson, Evans, Parson and Bland, the last four being assistant coaches arrested last year.

According to people with knowledge of the FBI investigation, Miller and Dawkins, a runner working for ASM Sports agent Andy Miller, had multiple conversations about Ayton. When Dawkins asked Sean Miller if he should work with assistant coach Emanuel "Book" Richardson to finalize their agreement, Miller told Dawkins he should deal directly with him when it came to money, the sources said.

Oklahoma State's Lamont Evans, Auburn's Chuck Person and Southern Califorinia's' Tony Bland were the other assistant coaches charged in the cases, along with Adidas executives James Gatto and Merl Code and former NBA referee Rashan Michel.

As example, there is really nothing linking Rick Pitino to this....other than we all know Slick Rick will do about anything so between banging a woman not his wife, prostitutes for recruit and players and now pay for play.....Rick's complicit, but also cunning enough to ensure there won't be a tape out there.

Where with Miller....it's being reported they have solid proof.

I get it, but then why wasn't Miller arrested in September? Why hasn't he been charged yet? Why wasn't it the FBI that officially named him even if they didn't arrest him? All of this points to the fact that there are more coaches that haven't been named yet, that are on those 3000 hours of tapes. Who else hasn't been named yet, and why not, when Miller has? Again, I am in no way trying to say that Miller isn't guilty, or that he would be less guilty if other names were dropped. I'm just saying that putting his name out and not the others that haven't been named yet takes away from discussing the scope of the actual problem and only focusses on Miller. All I'm saying is that we get to ask these questions, and they are good questions to ask.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just saying that putting his name out and not the others that haven't been named yet takes away from discussing the scope of the actual problem and only focusses on Miller. All I'm saying is that we get to ask these questions, and they are good questions to ask.

I have to believe Richardson is involved in why Miller's name is prominent in this investigation and eventually released.

I'm also thinking there are not going to be many head coaches in those tapes. That's where I was heading with Pitino. Most head coaches these days put a few layers between them and the recruit. According to the report, Miller was the point man in one recruits deal.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you guys are blowing this whole thing out of proportion. It's nothing we haven't known or has been going on like ... forever.

Kentucky, Syracuse, Baylor, UNLV.

Even with Arizona and Miller. UofA still has boosters who have deep pockets and they will be back. It's nothing other coaches haven't done and unethical behavior is not unique to CBB.

Reggie Bush, Jose Canseco and Mark McGwire, the Cheatriots, Rae Carruth. Etc.
UK's not paying anyone lol. They don't have to, they are millionaires a year or two after they hit campus

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK's not paying anyone lol. They don't have to, they are millionaires a year or two after they hit campus

UK Boosters are professionals with this stuff.

All a Coach has to say is..."We need this guy." The Boosters take it from there.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You young kids...

Google eddis sutton, eric manuel and chris mills, and death penalty and get back to me...

And ... The 'savior' of that program was rick pitino.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't watch basketball in any form, but I found it funny that one of the players in question's mother is named Apples.

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I have since learned that he is a POS. I stand by the position that Maryland is a good enough job to get a coach with his accomplishments, I'm just glad we didn't get THIS coach now.

And I still think you're seeing your program's prestige through an extremely rose-colored lens.

But it's not worth renewing our argument over. That was probably one of the bitterest arguments that KFFL Redskins forum ever saw

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You young kids...

Google eddis sutton, eric manuel and chris mills, and death penalty and get back to me...

And ... The 'savior' of that program was rick pitino.
I don't need to google it, I remember it grandpa. Was talking about under Coach Cal, hold your breath till something is proven on him.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK Boosters are professionals with this stuff.

All a Coach has to say is..."We need this guy." The Boosters take it from there.
LMAO, a guy that follows FSU talking about another schools hundred dollar handshakes. And the crow calls the raven black