• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FBI investigation: 20 programs named for players taking money

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I still think you're seeing your program's prestige through an extremely rose-colored lens.

But it's not worth renewing our argument over. That was probably one of the bitterest arguments that KFFL Redskins forum ever saw

I agree. But a battle like that would be called Tuesday here on SH.

It's funny as I am kind of taking your side on a Maryland board regarding their current coach who "only" got them to the Sweet Sixteen. Now that is the group with an inflated view, they want him fired but can't understand that with the exception of a handful of seasons that is where MD has always been. One title and back to back Final Fours 15 years ago and they think we're a top tier program.

But with the high school talent in DC and Baltimore being one of the best recruiting regions in the country that makes the Maryland job pretty appealing and much different than a typical good but not great program

Last edited:

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO, a guy that follows FSU talking about another schools hundred dollar handshakes. And the crow calls the raven black

I lived in Lexington for 25 years. My oldest daughter graduated from UK, My oldest
Grandson graduated from UK. My youngest grandson is a Junior at UK.

I know exactly how crooked they are.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You young kids...

Google eddis sutton, eric manuel and chris mills, and death penalty and get back to me...

And ... The 'savior' of that program was rick pitino.

That's why Bear Bryant left. Rupp's program got shut down and he got a raise.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I have since learned that he is a POS. I stand by the position that Maryland is a good enough job to get a coach with his accomplishments, I'm just glad we didn't get THIS coach now.

I believe Maryland has the ability to have signed Miller when he was at Xavier. But there’s no way in bloody hell they would have gotten him after he went to AZ.

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Maryland has the ability to have signed Miller when he was at Xavier. But there’s no way in bloody hell they would have gotten him after he went to AZ.

Be careful. That was/is my argument, which I thought was obvious too. But it led to a very long drawn out argument, and we couldn't discuss college basketball civilly in that forum again for a long time afterward.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be careful. That was/is my argument, which I thought was obvious too. But it led to a very long drawn out argument, and we couldn't discuss college basketball civilly in that forum again for a long time afterward.

Haha I believe it. I live amongst some Maryland basketball followers. I forgot how hilarious they are with their basketball team. Almost as bad as some Penn State football fans.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey now, let's not forget it all started with your incredibly insensitive comment about Len Bias. The place was never the same after that. That's all I'll say, best left in the past.

As for the Maryland job he did after all interview, which kinda told us he was interested. Again this is a great recruiting area so the job has appeal. But later I came to the opinion that he just used Maryland to get a better deal with Arizona. Screw that guy, I hope this kills his career,

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey now, let's not forget it all started with your incredibly insensitive comment about Len Bias. The place was never the same after that. That's all I'll say, best left in the past.

As for the Maryland job he did after all interview, which kinda told us he was interested. Again this is a great recruiting area so the job has appeal. But later I came to the opinion that he just used Maryland to get a better deal with Arizona. Screw that guy, I hope this kills his career,

I think that my Len Bias trolling (For the information of others who are reading this, the insensitive comment was that I suggested that Bias had some measure of responsibility for his own overdose) came after this part of the argument.

This one came when you were trying to hire a replacement for Gary Williams. The Bias argument came when ESPN aired the Without Bias 30 for 30.

This argument was why I decided to troll Maryland fans in the Bias thread that came up later, or at least that's how I remember it.

Or maybe the order was reversed. I'm really not sure

Last edited:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that my Len Bias trolling (For the information of others who are reading this, the insensitive comment was that I suggested that Bias had some measure of responsibility for his own overdose) came after this part of the argument.

This one came when you were trying to hire a replacement for Gary Williams. The Bias argument came when ESPN aired the Without Bias 30 for 30.

This argument was why I decided to troll Maryland fans in the Bias thread that came up later, or at least that's how I remember it.

Or maybe the order was reversed. I'm really not sure

Yeah I remember it differently but it doesn't really matter now anyway, we're all good. I was thinking about you as I watch North Carolina skate. I was pissed, you must have been REALLY pissed.

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was not happy at all about that. Thanks for the reminder.

But, i suppose I deserve it after reminding you of your pain

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha I believe it. I live amongst some Maryland basketball followers. I forgot how hilarious they are with their basketball team. Almost as bad as some Penn State football fans.
dude psu is elite , :dhd:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh Gawd, don’t get me started on that shit. I’m sure you hear it a lot where you are too.
my ex went to psu, her whole family was abnoxious, i sat there in my pitt gear watching pitt take down psu

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my ex went to psu, her whole family was abnoxious, i sat there in my pitt gear watching pitt take down psu

I bet that was therapeutic. My mother is a PSU grad along with half my high school friends. When they won the B10 last year suddenly everyone was in the “we’re back” camp.

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I remember it differently but it doesn't really matter now anyway, we're all good. I was thinking about you as I watch North Carolina skate. I was pissed, you must have been REALLY pissed.

Actually, now that i think about it, I think you're right about the order. It wasn't the way I remembered it, but I think I recall watching the Bias Documentary in a house I moved out of in 2010, before Williams retired.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet that was therapeutic. My mother is a PSU grad along with half my high school friends. When they won the B10 last year suddenly everyone was in the “we’re back” camp.
lol of course they are, they living in the past. althought they are up and coming, i think they will be just as good or better next year.

But yeah it was funy, because i called the win and was heckling the f out of her, her family, and her children for a week.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol of course they are, they living in the past. althought they are up and coming, i think they will be just as good or better next year.

But yeah it was funy, because i called the win and was heckling the f out of her, her family, and her children for a week.

Nicee

They may be on the upswing. But I think they may take a step back without Barkley next year.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll throw this in here as one last desperate attempt to not look as guilty as claimed. Schlabach states "spring of 2017" was the "wiretap" about the conversation of a 100 grand, but Ayton was already about to enroll in school or already in school. Now I'm hearing ESPN might have never seen or heard the wiretap. This is popcorn eating type stuff right here fellas.:pop2:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll throw this in here as one last desperate attempt to not look as guilty as claimed. Schlabach states "spring of 2017" was the "wiretap" about the conversation of a 100 grand, but Ayton was already about to enroll in school or already in school. Now I'm hearing ESPN might have never seen or heard the wiretap. This is popcorn eating type stuff right here fellas.:pop2:
ESPN jumping the gun and trying to stir up shit for ratings? Color me shocked.