• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FBI investigation: 20 programs named for players taking money

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilarious watching everybody on espn act surprised.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Miller career is done
he will back. everybody gets second chances. He will go to a mid major and work his way back . If Steve Alford can get a job at a school like ucla after the shit he pulled at Iowa then anyone can.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This reminds me of a Nascar race waiting for the next wreck to see just how horrific it can be!

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't have posted in this thread other than the fact you tagged me. :rolleyes2:
Cat boy comes out of the closet finally. i don't give a shit if he was overseas.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now that's a shady program if I've ever seen it.

"Is my firing about the FBI probe?"

"Well, you see, we just felt like we weren't winning enough games, err.... scratch that"

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, no shit. And you were tagged because of how big a piece of shit you are regarding your dirty program, and you STILL have yet to address it. You keep surprising on how much of a waste of time you are. People tag you and you can't for the life of you even talk about the topic of the thread. It's like there is a barrier between you and anything even remotely intelligent to say.

CatsTopPac I am not even speechless because I have been saying for ALONG time that UOFA bribes and pays their players. This is the exclamation point!!!! When you make it to Arizona lets hit a Dback Dodger game together. I will buy you a beer.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao, there's no way you're saying that with a straight face, when you see the type of content that is regularly posted on the CFB board.

CBB fans are much more mild mannered than CFB fans. Probably because CBB fans don't get hammered all day before the game.
Yeah, I just about died laughing at this. Been lurking in the CFB forum for a long time. Lot of weird in that place.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://nypost.com/2018/02/23/fbi-catches-arizona-coach-discussing-100k-payment-to-sign-recruit/

You can’t just blame the agents for this one.

The FBI has wiretaps of conversations between Arizona head coach Sean Miller and Christian Dawkins, a runner for ASM Sports, in which Miller talks about paying $100,000 to make sure current star freshman DeAndre Ayton landed with the Wildcats, according to an ESPN report.

I wondered how of all places, Arizona comes out of nowhere with a power program. If true, AZ and Miller might as well crawl into a time capsule and hope in 100 years everyone will forget.
Do you not know who Lute Olson is or something?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Syracuse Assisant coach molested kids but Arizona is the one that hopes everyone forgets...

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I mentioned this in late September (but maybe on the AZ page) when the first group of programs were named. I felt the same way yesterday when the second batch came out, and I feel the same way after Miller got popped.

I teach History at the UofA. Seeing the shit with UNC, Louisville, and however many other programs in the past, I wondered a couple years ago how I would feel if Miller ever came up to me and told me to give a player of his an A. I've worshipped AZ basketball for decades. I fell asleep during the second halves at McKale when I was 6 to everyone yelling STEEEEVE KERRRRRR. I went to the '88 EE when Lute beat Dean Smith and he retired. I went to the 94 EE when Damon clubbed Mizzou. I drove 27 hours to the '01 FF to watch up beat MSU and lose to Duke. My parents have had season tickets to McKale for over 30 years. I've been to hundreds of games all around the conference and country, and games at every level of the dance. I've woken up in the middle of the night to watch the Cats while I was deployed on the DMZ in Korea, and while I was in Iraq.

I would tell Miller to go fuck himself and I would be crushed. I'd probably be so hurt I'd beat the shit out of him while balling my eyes out. I'd stop being a fan.

Then the news came about Book, and I stopped being a fan that day. I didn't give a fuck what any of my friends who are also Cat fans said, I knew Miller had to be dirty. Just like I knew Williams was dirty, Boeheim was dirty, Pitino was dirty, and all the head coaches in both batches of this investigation are dirty. I knew that the whole sport was dirty. I knew that the shoe companies, the coaches, the ADs, and the NCAA have been taking advantage of kids and fans for generations. That is the worst part for me. The whole sport is completely fucked. AZ is one of the faces of the corruption, and that helped me to see it. But all of us were naive. No one who wasn't a part of it can really say they knew the depths and the extent of this. Otherwise, how could you possibly keep caring, knowing that it is a 100% farce?

My point is that guys, the whole sport is fucked. I'm not saying this to defend, deflect, or lessen Miller or AZ. I'm not a fan anymore. Miller can go fuck himself, and I felt that way since September. I'm saying this because the sport is on fire, and we're still looking at this by the colors of the shirts we wear for our teams. Talking shit about Miller or AZ is completely missing the point, and as I pointed out to dumbfuck Alaska, talking shit before this is all over only sets you up when your program gets on the list, to whatever extent. Instead of razing AZ or Miller, or Pitino, or Williams, or anyone else (because we think our program is clean, or not as bad) is completely missing the point. We need to pull our heads out of our asses. It's all coming crashing down, and we're playing to our loyalties. And do we really think that this is only basketball and that football isn't equally as fucked? Both sports and the NCAA are destroying the sport(s) that we have ALL grown to love and define a part of of our identity, culture, universities, cities, states, and country for our lives. Can't we see that? Rivals are talking shit, but A) the dust hasn't settled and all you are doing is setting yourself up to be a hypocrite when the next batch of programs comes out, and the batch after that. This is like the steroid scandal. It's going to go as far as the FBI wants to take it, until it's beating a dead horse, and everyone realized that it's all shit. This is so deep that I'd have a hard time believing that any major program that has had any degree of success in the last 3 decades is clean. Approaching half of the Pac, SEC, and ACC are already on the list, of course there's a better chance that if your program makes any money, or has had any success in CBB in the last 30 years that at some point, your program is/was dirty too. And B) what good is talking shit if you actually care about the sport? How can anyone be happy when the whole sport is going up in flames? If AZ was currently off the list, and ASU and UCLA were on the list in addition to all the others regarding this exact situation, I would be devastated. This hurts us all, and that's again with the ASSUMPTION that your program for a fact hasn't been dirty at all for decades. Otherwise, the only difference is that the investigation didn't happen then, as opposed to now.

We also have to remember (as I mentioned earlier) that we'd be completely naive if knowing what we know about CBB, to believe that the same bomb isn't about to drop on CFB. Entire universities are going to have both sports be fucked. Conferences are going to be filled with schools that are dirty in both sports as a majority of their members. CFB and CBB are completely fucked from the big dogs on down. The record books mean nothing. The programs that have defined these sports for decades have made it a laughing stock. If you think I'm overreacting, then I'll tell you the same thing I told AZ fans in September when they swore up and down that Miller wasn't involved: Pull your fucking head out of your ass. If you are talking shit about another program thinking your program was perfect over the last 30 years while sport is razed to the ground: pull your fucking head out of your ass. The FBI is going to do what the NCAA hasn't done for 3 decades and blow the lid off all of this.

Again, I'm done with CBB, let alone AZ, but it still fucking hurts, not because of AZ, but because of CBB. Can we at least see it for what it is, and have the discussions go beyond jumping all over Pitino, or Miller, or whoever the next fucking coach or program is? What is CBB, CFB, the NCAA look like in 2-4 years when it's leveled to the ground? Is talking shit about any program (whether yours is clean or not) going to mean a fucking thing?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm taking 'vacated' to win it all in my bracket this year. What a complete joke NCAA basketball has become.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you guys are blowing this whole thing out of proportion. It's nothing we haven't known or has been going on like ... forever.

Kentucky, Syracuse, Baylor, UNLV.

Even with Arizona and Miller. UofA still has boosters who have deep pockets and they will be back. It's nothing other coaches haven't done and unethical behavior is not unique to CBB.

Reggie Bush, Jose Canseco and Mark McGwire, the Cheatriots, Rae Carruth. Etc.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I laugh at all these sports folks who are 'somewhat' joking about what the field of the NCAA tournament is going to look like. In the wake of all this just remember for programs to take a hit the NCAA has to punish them. After all, North Carolina created fake classes and gave fake grades to their student athletes and nothing happened to them. My guess is coaches get fired but the NCAA won't do a thing about this.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you guys are blowing this whole thing out of proportion. It's nothing we haven't known or has been going on like ... forever.

Even with Arizona and Miller. UofA still has boosters who have deep pockets and they will be back. It's nothing other coaches haven't done and unethical behavior is not unique to CBB.

I was laughing at jay Williams today. He caught himself halfway through his sentence. He said usually the coach doesn't directly involve himself in the process. Stopped himself and said atleast that's what I've been told. Right...

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reggie Bush?

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those examples you list on CBB were all either isolated incidences, or punished as such. The FBI has named more than two dozen programs, and also leveled federal charges of fraud to conspiracy, and they're nowhere even close to being done yet. Again, this can go as far as they want it to.

The extent of how far the FBI is going into all of this is completely unprecedented. The only thing that comes close is the steroid scandal, but imagine if it was tied to the teams, so that anyone who took PEDS had teams forfeit wins and October appearances. That would be the equivalent if it happened. That would have wrecked baseball, even though it took a serious hit from the roid era just being focused on the players.

I'm telling you man, this is going to rock CBB and the NCAA. It's going to force a complete change at how players are compensated, recruited, and the professionalization of all of collegiate sports. Depending on how far back they go, and how deep they dig, we could see years and years of forfeited titles, FFs, conference titles, wins, etc. That has never happened in sports to the degree that this probably reaches.

The way that it could be unprecedented and still have happened for so long is because we're now talking about the FBI, whereas the NCAA has remained complicit to it happening for so long. And that's also the problem. It's been festering for so long that the degree that the FBI could expose it would be completely damaging to the sport. This investigation has only focused (with some from the past spilling over) on the last couple years. The farther they go back, 30 programs turns to 50 over the last decade, and the instances within some of the programs that have done it consistently becomes overwhelming.

I think it's pretty clear that the landscape of CBB is going to be turned on its head. When has half of the P5, ACC, and SEC, let alone the chunks of the B12, B10, etc., been found to have all violated criminal laws and NCAA sanctions at the same time all just looking at the past couple years? And again, how long until this carries into CFB, and what is the combine effect from programs that have both dirty CBB and CFB programs for years? I can't for the life of me see how anyone could NOT think this is a massive situation, and will only get bigger.