• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Favorite Reads

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What privilege? That's he's lucky enough to get paid to play golf and write about it? What set you off so bad? I thought it was a great read and he came across as very humble to me. The interweaving of stories about his dad had me in tears.
I just got annoyed with the story he was telling. He has friends all over that can get him on any course he wants and he can brag about it in a book.

it really did nothing for me except piss me off.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got annoyed with the story he was telling. He has friends all over that can get him on any course he wants and he can brag about it in a book.

it really did nothing for me except piss me off.
Being a famous golf writer with an approachable presence will tend to make you a lot of friends in the golf world.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a famous golf writer with an approachable presence will tend to make you a lot of friends in the golf world.
that's great

I don't want to read about all his humblebrags.

I will stick to watching Erik Anders Lang and his golf videos of cool, out there golf courses.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burning through all of Chris Pavone right now. Entertaining. A lot of the heroes seem to be female, but that’s OK. Lots of twists and turns to get to the end.
Next up is going to be Michael Dibdin. He’s gonna be tough for me to find because he’s dead, and there doesn’t seem to be a lot out there of his stuff. I may have to throw myself at the mercy of Abe’s books.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just signed up for Audible, and so far, I think it is pretty much garbage. Once I get through my free trial, it will be about $17 a month, and it only gives 1 free book from a limited selection per month. Other books look to cost a min of about $15 each. That seems like a horrible value.

Is there a better service out there? Is there a trick for using Audible that I just don’t see?

edit: they have a separate free library, but that looks like relative crap as well. This library is only accessible with a subscription, though.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just signed up for Audible, and so far, I think it is pretty much garbage. Once I get through my free trial, it will be about $17 a month, and it only gives 1 free book from a limited selection per month. Other books look to cost a min of about $15 each. That seems like a horrible value.

Is there a better service out there? Is there a trick for using Audible that I just don’t see?

edit: they have a separate free library, but that looks like relative crap as well. This library is only accessible with a subscription, though.

but isnt it a amazon prime subscription??

selkies ftw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you buy credits in bulk then it’s a little cheaper but not by much. I still use it for most audiobooks I listen to. Tbh I usually just wait until black Friday when basically all books on there are in the $2-8 range and buy a years worth of books.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you buy credits in bulk then it’s a little cheaper but not by much. I still use it for most audiobooks I listen to. Tbh I usually just wait until black Friday when basically all books on there are in the $2-8 range and buy a years worth of books.
I didn’t realize you could buy credits. I will need to look into that. But if they are still in the $15 ballpark, that is more than I really want to spend. And the books that are “credit eligible” appears to be quite limited.

Is there a competitor out there that is cheaper, or this pretty much the going rate for the industry?

selkies ftw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t realize you could buy credits. I will need to look into that. But if they are still in the $15 ballpark, that is more than I really want to spend. And the books that are “credit eligible” appears to be quite limited.

Is there a competitor out there that is cheaper, or this pretty much the going rate for the industry?
The other I use is google play books, there is no subscription needed but the audiobooks I’ve purchased were generally in that $15 ballpark. On audible if you have no credits you can buy a pack of 5 for $60 and I do that sometimes. I more or less have an endless list of books to read and I don’t really use any other steaming service that isn’t covered in my phone plan so I don’t have issue justifying paying for it. I like my books.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the library

download H0opla and Libby

this place keeps changing when I write "Ho opla" to SportsHoopla

selkies ftw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@foster4prez so I got about halfway through Devolution today. Just finished the scene where
the Bigfoot show up right outside their little house for the first time, right after the scene where they heard the mountain lion getting destroyed.
shit is nuts

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@foster4prez so I got about halfway through Devolution today. Just finished the scene where
the Bigfoot show up right outside their little house for the first time, right after the scene where they heard the mountain lion getting destroyed.
shit is nuts
It's so good man.

selkies ftw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so good man.
I really dig the format with the found journal and interviews with park rangers and shit. I’m in the middle of a bunch of books right now but I might have to put all those aside to finish this one asap.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one of the best books i ever read was a river runs through it.i had to read it in 12th grade over 40 years ago and still love it.