• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Favorite Reads

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It's infinitely complex! They have access, to infinite time and space, but they're not *bound* by anything! They can't find a specific place *in* time, they can't communicate. That's why I'm here. I'm gonna find a way to tell Murph, just like I found this moment."
<How, Cooper?>
"Love, TARS, love. It's just like Brand said. My connection with Murph, it is quantifiable. It's the key!"

Yeah Exactly.. Love? Really? Love? LOL

Still. The rest of the movie is great.

McConaughhey is very solid. As are Chaistain and Caine. The robots are great, the different worlds they visited were all interesting. I like the ending with Matthew going back to shack up with Anne Hathaway while they raise the next generation of humans

Who you just have to think are the same humans who save the people of Earth

All in all a good film

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one should be allowed to write novels that take place in the Florida Keys but Hiaason.

Disagree strongly!!! And I love Hiaasen

James W Hall has a great Florida series with a character named Thorn.

And Tim Dorsey has a truly off the wall hero called Serge A Storms who is a great Floridian.... A great series of whacky Florida books.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree strongly!!! And I love Hiaasen

James W Hall has a great Florida series with a character named Thorn.

And Tim Dorsey has a truly off the wall hero called Serge A Storms who is a great Floridian.... A great series of whacky Florida books.
I may have to check them out.

and I could use more Hiaasen in my life. I find his writing entertaining.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may have to check them out.

and I could use more Hiaasen in my life. I find his writing entertaining.

If you like Carl you should like these 2. I've read every one from each except Dorsey's latest. My wife too.

Hall is slightly more serious that Hiaasen but still Florida based and good reading.

Dorsey is flat out whacky. I frequently laugh out loud when reading his stuff. Good Reads gives the reading sequence as he jumped around a bit initially.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you like Carl you should like these 2. I've read every one from each except Dorsey's latest. My wife too.

Hall is slightly more serious that Hiaasen but still Florida based and good reading.

Dorsey is flat out whacky. I frequently laugh out loud when reading his stuff. Good Reads gives the reading sequence as he jumped around a bit initially.
That's how I am with Christopher Moore. Lamb was such a great read and all his other novels do a good job of keeping a smile on my face.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's how I am with Christopher Moore. Lamb was such a great read and all his other novels do a good job of keeping a smile on my face.

I just looked up Moore.

Once I finish up my Destroyermen series, Easy Rawlins, and Sandman Slim I'll get some of his books.

Also got an F Paul Wilson - Repairman Jack prequel trilogy to get as well. No humour there.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got hold of the third Stormlight Archive book, Oathbringer.

Sumbich is fat AF. Gonna take me years to finish this, and I can't even bring it on the train.

Recently introduced my son to Asimov's Foundation novels and some of his Robot short stories. Which means, I will probably have to read them all again

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got hold of the third Stormlight Archive book, Oathbringer.

Sumbich is fat AF. Gonna take me years to finish this, and I can't even bring it on the train.

Recently introduced my son to Asimov's Foundation novels and some of his Robot short stories. Which means, I will probably have to read them all again
Oathbringer actually reads pretty quick. It is well written and a fun read.

There is a lot of going back and learning about Dalinar, his brother (the king) and his wife and how he got to where he is.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oathbringer actually reads pretty quick. It is well written and a fun read.

There is a lot of going back and learning about Dalinar, his brother (the king) and his wife and how he got to where he is.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm only a few chapters in.

I couldn't figure what that initial intro story was about, with Eshonai and "the King," but what you said just clarified it for me.

That was the night Dalinar got drunk and they assassinated his brother

Reactions: ill

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite reads are the trilogy by Georgia author, Ferrol Sams: Run With the Horsemen, The Whisper of the River, and When All the World was Young. If you are over 50 and grew up in the Deep South, then the words, accents & voices come alive in your head as you are reading his books.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the encouragement. I'm only a few chapters in.

I couldn't figure what that initial intro story was about, with Eshonai and "the King," but what you said just clarified it for me.

That was the night Dalinar got drunk and they assassinated his brother
oh that Dalinar...

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not enjoying either of the books I am reading right now. Anyone have any suggestions?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not enjoying either of the books I am reading right now. Anyone have any suggestions?

It feels like the book wasteland recently. I am powering through a series that I do not care for at all right now.

I know there was some talks about Sandman Slim earlier have you tried that one?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It feels like the book wasteland recently. I am powering through a series that I do not care for at all right now.

I know there was some talks about Sandman Slim earlier have you tried that one?
I have been meaning to. Pat Rothfuss was talking it up on GoodReads recently and I had been meaning to grab one to check it out. Thanks!

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been meaning to. Pat Rothfuss was talking it up on GoodReads recently and I had been meaning to grab one to check it out. Thanks!

I like most of em, the 9th was not my favorite. If nothing else they are a quick read and entertaining. I started reading that series early so I don't know what it would be like reading them all back to back, but I don't imagine it would be great.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like most of em, the 9th was not my favorite. If nothing else they are a quick read and entertaining. I started reading that series early so I don't know what it would be like reading them all back to back, but I don't imagine it would be great.
for some reason my library system doesn't have the first one in hard copy, just digital.

I'd be better off ordering a used paperback copy from Amazon.

Also, Chuck Wendig's seires is pretty ok. I could keep reading that.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been reading 2 in a row, then a different author for a while and then 2 in a row again.

Reading #8, Perdition Score at the moment.

Not looking forward to the day I'm all done.....

I don't like deep reading, I simply want to escape.

And Kadrey serves it up very nicely for me.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been reading 2 in a row, then a different author for a while and then 2 in a row again.

Reading #8, Perdition Score at the moment.

Not looking forward to the day I'm all done.....

I don't like deep reading, I simply want to escape.

And Kadrey serves it up very nicely for me.

He has another one coming out end of this year.