• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke didn't hurt Pollard much last year.
232 touches
1378 yards
12 tds
I think it's fair to mention that Zeke also scored 12 tds last year. Goal line banger, this is what he is these days.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The $8.6 million is the shocker for me. I'm really surprised they are paying him that kind of money. One thing is for sure, anybody that hoped Bam Knight or Michael Carter were going to have any kind of fantasy value were sadly mistaken. The will be an interesting backfield to watch around week 6 once Hall is fully healthy. By paying him that much they are also making him virtually impossible to trade because nobody is going to take on that kind of running back salary. Wonder how much of this was Rodgers saying he wanted a veteran back he could trust back there with him?

It will be interesting to see how much of that contract is performance incentives. Abanikanda had a solid weekend and might have been leap-frogging Knight on the depth chart, but that's moot with Cook in tow. I'm guessing Hall will be out a while and eased back in when ready.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke doesn't play for dallas anymore. not sure if you knew.........

That's the point, illustrating that Elliott will be a goal line and occasional early down back with the Patriots, just like last year. He's basically taking the Damian Harris role from last year. Stevenson should put up numbers like last season, just won't like get the bump some were expecting when Harris left for the Bills.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the point, illustrating that Elliott will be a goal line and occasional early down back with the Patriots, just like last year. He's basically taking the Damian Harris role from last year. Stevenson should put up numbers like last season, just won't like get the bump some were expecting when Harris left for the Bills.
I didnt realize the coaching staff and personnel were identical. Or that they already stated his role. Its an assumption. Everyone was super sure the pats werent signing a vet as well.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, harris's role was not intended to be that, injuries changed things.....and he was knicked up most of the year. Very well me an early down banger and goal line back. But to say well, he was in dallas the last half of the year, so he will be now......that doesn't work like that. Nor does correlating damien harris to zeke.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthony Richardson named Colts starter already.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well as to Zeke, Dallas v Patriots..role..all that..

I'm basing my opinions, thoughts, assumptions, on what I saw him do (or more accurately not do) the past season and a half or so. Not on what I think the Patriots will use him for, or hope to use him for, not what the system differences between the two teams and staffs are or aren't, whether he's taking the Harris role, or what that role truly is or was intended to be.

The dude is mostly toast based off what he put on film. And he didn't get any younger since the end of last season, so I"m very doubtful he'll magically find some fountain of youth. So my lack of worry about Stevenson's usage isn't about anything other than, Zeke just doesn't have the gas left in the tank to be a huge threat..outside of stealing TD's. Now, if Stevenson starts putting the ball on the ground..that changes things, drastically, but as is..I just don't see a huge issue.

Zeke is still one of the best pass protecting Rb's in the league, so there's that, doesn't piss and moan in the locker room, doesn't complain about the younger kid taking his reps, he's reliable, doesn't fumble, there's plenty of reason to have him on a roster. he's just no longer efficient enough to be handed the ball all that often and actually expect good results, and I can't see the hoodie putting up with all that many 3rd and forever's because his RB isn't getting to the hole before it closes up, so I'm not all that concerned.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well as to Zeke, Dallas v Patriots..role..all that..

I'm basing my opinions, thoughts, assumptions, on what I saw him do (or more accurately not do) the past season and a half or so. Not on what I think the Patriots will use him for, or hope to use him for, not what the system differences between the two teams and staffs are or aren't, whether he's taking the Harris role, or what that role truly is or was intended to be.

The dude is mostly toast based off what he put on film. And he didn't get any younger since the end of last season, so I"m very doubtful he'll magically find some fountain of youth. So my lack of worry about Stevenson's usage isn't about anything other than, Zeke just doesn't have the gas left in the tank to be a huge threat..outside of stealing TD's. Now, if Stevenson starts putting the ball on the ground..that changes things, drastically, but as is..I just don't see a huge issue.

Zeke is still one of the best pass protecting Rb's in the league, so there's that, doesn't piss and moan in the locker room, doesn't complain about the younger kid taking his reps, he's reliable, doesn't fumble, there's plenty of reason to have him on a roster. he's just no longer efficient enough to be handed the ball all that often and actually expect good results, and I can't see the hoodie putting up with all that many 3rd and forever's because his RB isn't getting to the hole before it closes up, so I'm not all that concerned.
And i can get behind all of this fwiw.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder where Hunt and Fournette sign now.

I could still see Indy in the mix for the right price.
Dallas?
Zona?
LA?
Miami?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides-
Mac Jones, 2 TE most likely being the base set. granted that's an assumption, but based on the personal on the roster, it makes the most sense. 2 good TE's, crap WR's, two good (or at least 1 good and 1 used to be good) RB's...they're gonna run plenty. I just don't see an issue.

don't discount what BIll O'brien ran the last time he was in NE..2 tights, and a rag tag group of the Law Firm, Vareen, Ridley, Woodhead, and Kevin Faulk (mainly because none could stay healthy) combined for 377 rush attempts, 1573 yds and 14 TD's- and that was with Tom Brady, throwing for 5K+ and 39..not Mac Jones. They'll be running

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas ran in 24 TD.
Patriots 12.
If Zeke is running in any TD, it won't be many.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder where Hunt and Fournette sign now.

I could still see Indy in the mix for the right price.
Dallas?
Zona?
LA?
Miami?
Locals here say that Miami has seen enough out of Achane this pre-season to be out on another running back. That's why they didn't pursue Cook as much as people assumed they would.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas ran in 24 TD.
Patriots 12.
Well...there is the offense ran by a defensive coordinator in 22 vs an offense ran by an actual offensive coordinator in '23 to account for in those possible projections. Bill O'Brian may be a mediocre at best HC, and a horrid GM, but he's a better than decent OC

Another reason why comparing Dallas and NE just isn't even close to apples v apples or oranges v oranges.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting thing about this is that Dalvin's still nursing an injury and he did have that little personal matter looming.

I'd imagine that the latter is a non factor, thinking that the Jets front office has done their due dilegence.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a retarded response
simon rex booger GIF by Simon Rex / Dirt Nasty

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas ran in 24 TD.
Patriots 12.

Well...there is the offense ran by a defensive coordinator in 22 vs an offense ran by an actual offensive coordinator in '23 to account for in those possible projections. Bill O'Brian may be a mediocre at best HC, and a horrid GM, but he's a better than decent OC

Another reason why comparing Dallas and NE just isn't even close to apples v apples or oranges v oranges.
Have you both forgotten about BB?

Don't discount "The Genius". He's taking a beating right now, mostly from the Patriots hierarchy.

Don't count him out.