• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a reason guys go undrafted. Sometimes they get their shot but it doesn't last. James Robinson and Philip Lindsay burst into fantasy relevance and then dropped off the planet. I think Priest Holmes was the last guy who really broke through.

I like Jaylen Warren's story a lot but he'll always be a handcuff.

Maybe, maybe not. If Harris fails over the next two seasons and Warren continues to be efficient, Warren could be a bridge RB to the next drafted RB.

It's all premature with Harris only in his 3rd year and Warren in his 2nd, but draft capital alone will keep Harris starting barring major issues.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll have to determine that 5th year option this next offseason.
That option could be anywhere from 7mill up to about 12mil if he can make the pro bowl this year.
I can't see that happening, not in this market, not for what he's put out there. He'd need some significant improvement.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, maybe not. If Harris fails over the next two seasons and Warren continues to be efficient, Warren could be a bridge RB to the next drafted RB.

It's all premature with Harris only in his 3rd year and Warren in his 2nd, but draft capital alone will keep Harris starting barring major issues.
Oh yeah. Thats more what i meant. Its bot gonnna happen anytime soon.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of a long video but Matthew Berry and others from NBC Sports did a mock draft. First 8 rounds

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah seems high and Ridley seems to be jumping up the boards everyday now. 3rd round pick?
Had to see how he looked after the layoff, but he should have been higher from the beginning.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ Moore in the third, also shocking.
Big play to kick off the preseason with his new team will do that. Can Fields get him the ball downfield?? Less of a concern if he can catch it short and go the distance.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy to see ARSB that high in non PPR.

It's ppr, but gotta get your guys, not sure he's coming back if that guy waited 4 more picks.

After that top 4-5 grouping is off the board, I'd consider ARSB and Lamb the next best options at WR. I probably would've gone Lamb or Barkley personally.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Athletic’s Zac Jackson said the Browns’ passing game has been “completely unimpressive” thus far in training camp.
As Jackson notes in his article, “Anything that involves Deshaun Watson remaining in the pocket has been an adventure, and not since early in camp have we seen a string of consecutive completions in any 11-on-11 period.” He goes on to highlight an overall lack of consistency and pass attempts of “more than 10 yards downfield” as reasons the Browns of underwhelmed through the air thus far. With a little more than three weeks to go until the regular season, the Browns have time to get things straightened out. Some of the camp struggles could be due to Amari Cooper practicing on a limited basis and Elijah Moore missing a few days recovering from a rib injury, but this all sounds mildly concerning. Watson underwhelmed in an abbreviated 2022 season after returning from suspension, but there are few acceptable excuses for any struggles this season. He’s currently going as a low-end QB1 in drafts, while Cooper is being drafted as a mid-WR2. Both run the risk of being fantasy busts if these camp struggles carry into the regular season.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Cooper bust when he was solid last year?

So much more is written than is worth reading during this period.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cooper is pretty dependable. Not worried about him at all even if Watson isn’t the old Watson. I am worried about Watson overall

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed, dorks need to hit a blurb quota or word quota since the preseason started and its full on draft mode for fantasy.

Maybe CLE is trying out new schemes or routes or timing or something else out of a million things that could get a passing offense off tempo, like not having starters playing.

While this is a special circumstance, I don't worry much about vet players having negative camp reports unless they are in a position battle. With a dead cap hit of over $220mil this season, I think Watson's spot is safe.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, dorks need to hit a blurb quota or word quota since the preseason started and its full on draft mode for fantasy.

Maybe CLE is trying out new schemes or routes or timing or something else out of a million things that could get a passing offense off tempo, like not having starters playing.

While this is a special circumstance, I don't worry much about vet players having negative camp reports unless they are in a position battle. With a dead cap hit of over $220mil this season, I think Watson's spot is safe.
This especially since CLE is switching schemes to cater Watson. I don't expect this offense to automatically click even going into the season. Honestly it could take one half of a season or longer. Basically going from a run first offense and a lot of 2 TE sets to a spread offense with a new QB. This will take time.

Watson will play until his contract is up or somehow he is traded which seems impossible

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Local radio host and ex-Bear Tom Waddle has said for years that training camp is the time that coaches want players to experiment (for lack of a better word).
Better to try and learn when nothing is really on the line (wins & losses) than to wait when things do count.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Local radio host and ex-Bear Tom Waddle has said for years that training camp is the time that coaches want players to experiment (for lack of a better word).
Better to try and learn when nothing is really on the line (wins & losses) than to wait when things do count.
most of the ex Broncos who do the same thing, are saying roughly the same thing around here too. Although, given the Broncos current situation, most are of the opinion that RW needs to stop experimenting and practice the basics, all last year was his experimental period, and it didn't work out.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cooper will come around just give him a game or two.he,s always come thru from bama to dallas and last year with the browns.