• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke didn't hurt Pollard much last year.
232 touches
1378 yards
12 tds
But it’s BB, he gates using a workhorse RB as it is.

This gives him a reason to stick to his RBBC approach, because there was nothing behind Stevenson, so he was set for a workhorse load.

Now, Zelenskyy will steal touches and More importantly, TD’s.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This gives him a reason to stick to his RBBC approach, because there was nothing behind Stevenson, so he was set for a workhorse load.

Well...
I've said it seemingly hundreds of times....the numbers do not bear that out.

I've listed it numerous times...but I just don't have the gumption to do it again.

When he's got a decent RB, who stays healthy, he has ALWAYS ridden them. Feel free to check the numbers. No clue where this crazy notion of BB and RBBC comes from. Never uses one unless that's all he has to work with

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you both forgotten about BB?

Don't discount "The Genius". He's taking a beating right now, mostly from the Patriots hierarchy.

Don't count him out.
Well...he is no doubts. But I just don't think he's an offensive genius..he kinda proved that last year. Genius of marrying the offense and his defense into a very good team that feeds off on another, but he fair best when he leaves the O to guys like McD's, O Brien, Weiss..etc..

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 629.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...he is no doubts. But I just don't think he's an offensive genius..he kinda proved that last year. Genius of marrying the offense and his defense into a very good team that feeds off on another, but he fair best when he leaves the O to guys like McD's, O Brien, Weiss..etc..
Rhamondre or Najee?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How'd the rbbc situation work out for Pollard last year?

Damien Harris taking touches on one of the most inept offenses in the league last year and Rhamondre still went for 279 touches and 1461 yards with 6 touchdowns.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, harris's role was not intended to be that, injuries changed things.....and he was knicked up most of the year. Very well me an early down banger and goal line back. But to say well, he was in dallas the last half of the year, so he will be now......that doesn't work like that. Nor does correlating damien harris to zeke.

Wait and see I guess.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rhamondre or Najee?
Who would I prefer?
Stevenson, but not by a ton. Najee and his sub 4 ypc both years just strikes me as more Trent Richardson than anything else. Tough to entirely discount his pedigree though, he could still turn it around I think

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would I prefer?
Stevenson, but not by a ton. Najee and his sub 4 ypc both years just strikes me as more Trent Richardson than anything else. Tough to entirely discount his pedigree though, he could still turn it around I think
Strictly on the basis najee will no doubt get the rock and be the lead dog and goal line and passing down back. But najee has t been good.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strictly on the basis najee will no doubt get the rock and be the lead dog and goal line and passing down back. But najee has t been good.
Well that's the thing. Sadly, the biggest thing in Harris's favor isn't what he's done or can do, it's that there's not really a viable alternative currently on the roster. That's a nice plus to have, but just how long will the Steelers go with that? I dunno if Jaylen Warren is a guy that can do any better if he's handed the ball 20+ times on a weekly basis, but, would they try it if Harris continues to not be good? I dunno, but the history of the 'what have you done for me lately' nature of the business suggests, sub mediocre production won't be tolerated for long.

And there's still viable alternative available on the FA market too...might even be into the season. Scary, imho

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's the thing. Sadly, the biggest thing in Harris's favor isn't what he's done or can do, it's that there's not really a viable alternative currently on the roster. That's a nice plus to have, but just how long will the Steelers go with that? I dunno if Jaylen Warren is a guy that can do any better if he's handed the ball 20+ times on a weekly basis, but, would they try it if Harris continues to not be good? I dunno, but the history of the 'what have you done for me lately' nature of the business suggests, sub mediocre production won't be tolerated for long.

And there's still viable alternative available on the FA market too...might even be into the season. Scary, imho
Steelers will do it until hes not on the team. Warren has xone really well, but its najees backfield. Tomlin always runs a lead back. He also hates to admit early draft failures. Mediocre will be fine for Tomlin, just being honest. Najee will have to be truly awful and or turn the ball over, ALOT to lose his workload. Just how it is unfortunately. Hes a safe volume pick with some upside of a better line.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its all u can do.
I just dont think its that simple. Thats all. The certainly didnt sign him to sit.

The depth behind Stevenson is meh at best otherwise. I think they would've addressed Harris' departure much sooner if it was intended to be a larger role. The amount paid to Elliott (much like Cook with the Jets) isn't a huge factor, as they had excess cap space available.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers will do it until hes not on the team. Warren has xone really well, but its najees backfield. Tomlin always runs a lead back. He also hates to admit early draft failures. Mediocre will be fine for Tomlin, just being honest. Najee will have to be truly awful and or turn the ball over, ALOT to lose his workload. Just how it is unfortunately. Hes a safe volume pick with some upside of a better line.

Najee is still so young, no reason to give up on him just yet. He is productive, just not not all that efficient (ypc under 4). Warren is a very good safety blanket for now, but they'll need to make a decision some time next season most likely, as he's signed for this season and next. Whether or not they pick up Harris' 5th year option for 2025 will coincide with that.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would I prefer?

For fantasy purposes, it depends on where he slots on your team. If you already have two RBs to fill starting slots, I'd probably would go with Stevenson for the upside. If he's a starter, Najee is more in the discussion with his larger role. The diminishing amount of true 3 down backs in the NFL has me leaning towards taking 2 RBs early (first 2-4 rounds if not the first 2 - depending on who falls).

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warren averages a full ypc better than Harris, with less touches of course.

I am surprised they don’t split up the workload more.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warren averages a full ypc better than Harris, with less touches of course.

I am surprised they don’t split up the workload more.
There's a reason guys go undrafted. Sometimes they get their shot but it doesn't last. James Robinson and Philip Lindsay burst into fantasy relevance and then dropped off the planet. I think Priest Holmes was the last guy who really broke through.

I like Jaylen Warren's story a lot but he'll always be a handcuff.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a reason guys go undrafted. Sometimes they get their shot but it doesn't last. James Robinson and Philip Lindsay burst into fantasy relevance and then dropped off the planet. I think Priest Holmes was the last guy who really broke through.

agree mostly, but I do think there could be a 1B scenario in PIT if Harris' inefficiencies continue vs Warren strictly being a cuff. but I don't see that scenario ever playing out if it doesn't happen this season

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Najee is still so young, no reason to give up on him just yet. He is productive, just not not all that efficient (ypc under 4). Warren is a very good safety blanket for now, but they'll need to make a decision some time next season most likely, as he's signed for this season and next. Whether or not they pick up Harris' 5th year option for 2025 will coincide with that.
His production is just volume. Its melvin gordon. High pick. Woefully
Mediocre at best. But gets a ton of action so his overall numbers look good. Well pick up the option. Its how we roll. We burn out the rbs then discard them.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep yep agree