• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the thing with Lamar. All that really matters is that he's been awful in the playoffs and since the whole point is to win a Super Bowl, unless he gets a lot better in that aspect, none of the rest of that shit matters.
Trent Dilfer, Mark Rypien and Jeff Hostetler agree. ;)

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the thing with Lamar. All that really matters is that he's been awful in the playoffs and since the whole point is to win a Super Bowl, unless he gets a lot better in that aspect, none of the rest of that shit matters.
Peyton Manning used to be awful in the playoffs too.

The problem with Lamar is simple. He’s not a good NFL caliber passer. If your QB can’t sling the ball, you shouldn’t drop a ton of money on him. He’s fun to watch, but he isn’t going to put the ball where it needs to go with good efficiency. He’s not going to break down defenses, he’s not going to stretch defenses, he’s not going to get the ball out quickly, etc. When your QB can’t do these things, the passing offense can become very predictable. He can run fast though.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhhh….

Completing passes, getting first downs, not throwing picks and scoring touchdowns is what makes someone a good passer. There are no style points.

Mark Andrews does not get open by 15 yards very often. Nobody does.
Well I exagerated a lil...:)

But actually..this discussion started out pretty much entirely about style points. Is Lamar a good passer? Not is he a good QB, not does he win games, not what are his stats.

And that answer, imho, is an emphatic, no, he's not a good passer. And he adds more evidence to that point every Sunday. I've never claimed he's not a good QB, nor that he couldn't win games

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers and OBJ should go away and see if they can play catch in the dark
If that's a reference to the "dark room" retreat Rodgers took, just an FYI that the dark room did have a light switch.
But that's still funny.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s 13th all time in passer rating. Right above Peyton Manning.

He completes passes better than most everyone who has played. And doesn’t turn the ball over.

The Bears won in the playoffs with Mitch and are the worst team in the NFL currently with Fields. I really don’t understand where people are coming from on this.
That just means the stat didn't age well. Jimmy Garoppolo is up at #6.

Carson Wentz, Baker Mayfield and Tyrod Taylor are ahead of Dan Marino.

Lamar is currently #13 in passer rating all-time and somehow still only #3 in his division.

Passing yards per game he's #107 all-time. If the throw looks tough and you pull it down and run instead, your passer rating will be higher. But how long can he do that?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That just means the stat didn't age well. Jimmy Garoppolo is up at #6.

Carson Wentz, Baker Mayfield and Tyrod Taylor are ahead of Dan Marino.

Lamar is currently #13 in passer rating all-time and somehow still only #3 in his division.

Passing yards per game he's #107 all-time. If the throw looks tough and you pull it down and run instead, your passer rating will be higher. But how long can he do that?
I don’t know how long he can do it. But Justin Fields hasn’t.

That’s my gripe.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know how long he can do it. But Justin Fields hasn’t.

That’s my gripe.
I dunno... the two of them passed for the exact same number of yards and TDs last year, and Lamar's completion % was only slightly better than Fields - but Fields had more yards per attempt. Fields had more INTs and sacks - I think the idea is that those two stats are normal for a developing QB. But he'll have to continue to show improvement this year.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno... the two of them passed for the exact same number of yards and TDs last year, and Lamar's completion % was only slightly better than Fields - but Fields had more yards per attempt. Fields had more INTs and sacks - I think the idea is that those two stats are normal for a developing QB. But he'll have to continue to show improvement this year.
The only “starters” with a lower completion percentage than Fields last year, both lost their jobs during the season.

Baker Mayfield lost two.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only “starters” with a lower completion percentage than Fields last year, both lost their jobs during the season.

Baker Mayfield lost two.
Fields has a lot of the same problems Lamar Jackson has. I’ve seen fields make some good throws, so I still think he can develop into a good passer (growth like Josh Allen or Jalen Hurts). However, he could be considered a giant bust as soon as next year.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Baker Mayfield lost two.
If Fields has a passer rating this year like he did last year, that will be bad.

The idea is that Lamar has been in the league five years now and nobody is expecting him to become a significantly better passer, while Fields hasn't hit his ceiling yet.

Lamar's 2021 passer rating was 87.0, 23rd. Justin Fields this past year was 85.2, 25th.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Feilds, Lamar,..Lamar, Feilds...
I can tell you one thing, if I needed one pass to get that last first down, or that last score to win the game...I'm not picking either one of them, both of them are sub par NFL throwers. I'm likely sticking my backup in to make that throw, or I'm calling a run play

If we're talking which QB I'd want to win a game, and I've got all 4 quarters, I'm taking Lamar.

If all we're talking about is a passing skills competition..not playing NFL QB, and they are my only 2 options..than I'll take Feilds everytime

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio reports the Patriots have shopped Mac Jones to several teams.​

A full list of potential suitors for Jones isn't yet know. Florio said the Patriots have talked with the Raiders, Texans, Buccaneers, and Commanders about Jones this offseason, and that a trade could still happen. "The Raiders are the ones to keep watching," Florio said. "Jimmy Garoppolo‘s contract lands in the low-end of middle class for starters, and Jones has two years left under a slotted rookie deal, before his fifth-year option would apply." Patriots head coach Bill Belichick was reportedly "agitated" with Jones for his on-field tantrums during the 2022 season and for seeking outside help in improving the struggling Pats offense. "That really pissed Bill off," NBC Sports' Tom Curran said. It's possible the Patriots would take a quarterback in the 2023 draft if they deal Jones, as Bailey Zappe doesn't profile as anyone's idea of a long-term starter.

yes please. I think Squishy Mac has the potential to be a very good NFL QB, he was above league average as a rookie starter with McD running the O, and having crap to throw to. Give JimmyG back to the Hoodie since we know he's always wanted him and only traded him in the first place because Brady cried to Robert Kraft

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Squishy Mac has the potential to be a very good NFL QB
Perhaps.
When a player goes to a bad system and struggles, other teams may be more likely to take a chance on him since he was in a bad system.
With Squishy, me thinks the opposite Is true. Given the respect and success Hoodie has had.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps.
When a player goes to a bad system and struggles, other teams may be more likely to take a chance on him since he was in a bad system.
With Squishy, me thinks the opposite Is true. Given the respect and success Hoodie has had.
well he was in a good system with McDaniels leading the O..then he had virtually no system..Hoodie or not, Patricia had no business calling and designing the offense, and then he went out and proved that he indeed had no clue as to what he was doing calling and designing the offense.
I don't give out many passes, a spade is a spade in my book, always, however, I give Squishy Mac, and pretty much everyone in that Patriots offense a pass on '22 results, that was just awful

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The World According to Cam.

Free agent QB Cam Newton said he's "willing to be a backup" in 2023.​

Newton reiterated that he doesn't believe there are 32 quarterbacks in the NFL better than him, but acknowledged that his path back into the league may be as a backup. He then went on to mention a number of quarterbacks he'd be willing to back up, which included Deshaun Watson, Sam Howell, Malik Willis, Lamar Jackson, and several others. He also said he'd be fine with backing up rookies C.J. Stroud, Bryce Young, and Anthony Richardson. In the video posted to Newton's Twitter account, it's clear the veteran quarterback is hoping to squash the narrative that he's unwilling to serve as a backup. Still, he needs to find a suitor that's willing to give him a chance, which might not come until after the NFL Draft, if at all.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Reek to retire after '25??? That's interesting, and good to know for dynasty valuations. Still 3 years away, so not much to worry about right now, but if that's the case, what's to say he won't call it a career at any given moment?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the Athletic reports the Patriots might quietly be looking for a RB in the draft?

well anything is possible, but with Stevenson, Robinson, Pierre Strong and Keith Harris..I'd be more than a little surprised to see them draft anything outside of potential depth/special team as far as a RB goes. now if that dude ends up being this years' Pacheco, so be it, but there's certainly no need to go for one on day one or even day two. RB is one of the few places the Patriots don't need help at. Smells of a possible coach speak smokescreen type leak to throw someone off of a scent of what's really being considered if you ask me.