• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the Athletic reports the Patriots might quietly be looking for a RB in the draft?

well anything is possible, but with Stevenson, Robinson, Pierre Strong and Keith Harris..I'd be more than a little surprised to see them draft anything outside of potential depth/special team as far as a RB goes. now if that dude ends up being this years' Pacheco, so be it, but there's certainly no need to go for one on day one or even day two. RB is one of the few places the Patriots don't need help at. Smells of a possible coach speak smokescreen type leak to throw someone off of a scent of what's really being considered if you ask me.
Thats not a great stable of backs. Rhamondre had a few good games otherwise he was nothing special. His stats r skewed by that 172 yard game too. I know youve been on his bandwagon. Robinson couldnt hack it two places recently, the others r just depth bodies.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats not a great stable of backs. Rhamondre had a few good games otherwise he was nothing special. His stats r skewed by that 172 yard game too. I know youve been on his bandwagon. Robinson couldnt hack it two places recently, the others r just depth bodies.
Well like I said, I give every Patriots offensive player a pass on last year's production numbers.

Given the situation, I'd say 1000 yards rushing at 5 yards a carry, and 70 catches for another 500, on one of the worst offensive teams in the league (26th in total yards), is pretty darned impressive.
Side note- Patriots only had 3500 total yards all year, Stevenson was responsible for just under half of them...that is impressive

Certainly not a pressing need at the very least

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well like I said, I give every Patriots offensive player a pass on last year's production numbers.

Given the situation, I'd say 1000 yards rushing at 5 yards a carry, and 70 catches for another 500, on one of the worst offensive teams in the league (26th in total yards), is pretty darned impressive.
Side note- Patriots only had 3500 total yards all year, Stevenson was responsible for just under half of them...that is impressive

Certainly not a pressing need at the very least
No not a pressing need. And i dont disagree with anything you said. I should of explained more. Its the hoodie, he is evil with rb’s. Stevenson fumbled some too didnt he? He just let dam harris go , and injuries aside…he was one of the highest rated runners for the past few years. Long story short, Bill is Bill and Stevenson wasnt so good to force him to stop his idiotic running back ways.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No not a pressing need. And i dont disagree with anything you said. I should of explained more. Its the hoodie, he is evil with rb’s. Stevenson fumbled some too didnt he? He just let dam harris go , and injuries aside…he was one of the highest rated runners for the past few years. Long story short, Bill is Bill and Stevenson wasnt so good to force him to stop his idiotic running back ways.
Well, again, like I've said many many times before, Belechiks history with RB's is greatly exagerated.
Check his numbers, when he's got a horse..he will ride him, when he doesn't, he makes due with what he's got. The numbers bare that out pretty plainly, from Cleveland till today

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, again, like I've said many many times before, Belechiks history with RB's is greatly exagerated.
Check his numbers, when he's got a horse..he will ride him, when he doesn't, he makes due with what he's got. The numbers bare that out pretty plainly, from Cleveland till today
It also is worth noting that the reputation of being a RB douche bag, was primarily gained during all those McDaniels as OC years (who, btw, also has numbers proving he'll ride a horse when he has one)..and now they have Bill Obrien at OC.

O' Brien as on OC/HC?

The Patriots RB MASH unit where he had to cycle through 4 different starters due to injury
Then-
Arian Foster
The man rode Alfred Blue twice as hard as the next schmuck when Foster went down
Lamar Miller ridden hard for 3 straight years
Then Carlos Hyde 3x the carries of anyone else

Obviously none of that means they're totally satisfied with their RB depth chart. Maybe Stevenson doesn't fit what Obrien wants to do, and they truly are looking for an alternative? Could be, I dunno.
But, this false narrative of the Patriots being a headache for RB's is just misplaced. When they have 1 guy, time and time again, their history suggests, that they will ride him, until they break him.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also is worth noting that the reputation of being a RB douche bag, was primarily gained during all those McDaniels as OC years (who, btw, also has numbers proving he'll ride a horse when he has one)..and now they have Bill Obrien at OC.

O' Brien as on OC/HC?

The Patriots RB MASH unit where he had to cycle through 4 different starters due to injury
Then-
Arian Foster
The man rode Alfred Blue twice as hard as the next schmuck when Foster went down
Lamar Miller ridden hard for 3 straight years
Then Carlos Hyde 3x the carries of anyone else

Obviously none of that means they're totally satisfied with their RB depth chart. Maybe Stevenson doesn't fit what Obrien wants to do, and they truly are looking for an alternative? Could be, I dunno.
But, this false narrative of the Patriots being a headache for RB's is just misplaced. When they have 1 guy, time and time again, their history suggests, that they will ride him, until they break him.
You make some good points. Definitely some things i overlooked. Now im just curious about what happens. Definitely some extremely valid points I was not aware of. Watch pierre strong be the guy

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make some good points. Definitely some things i overlooked. Now im just curious about what happens. Definitely some extremely valid points I was not aware of. Watch pierre strong be the guy
Now strange things like that...have happened with the Hoodie around :)
To be fair, those years when they had nothing but the Ridleys, the Varrens, the Woodheads, the Dion Lewis', the James White's, and they didn't have a Dillon, Maroney, Blount around..yeah it was a nightmare. No doubts.
Personally I put Stevenson more into the category with guys like Dillon, Blount, Maroney. As I did with D. Harris, but the poor guy couldn't stay on the feild.
Time will tell on him, and maybe even if he is one of those guys, it only lasts for a couple seasons and then he's gone with the wind?

Btw..no I'm not saying Stevenson is equal to Corey Dillon..just that he's more similar to a Corey Dillon type than he is similar to a Shane Vareen or Steven Ridley type. :)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great stuff Treff and Steeler but can we leave OBrien out of it
Ill upchuck my breakfast.
well he did lead the Titans to a few relatively successful seasons, it wasn't ALL bad. And as much as I'd like to leave him out, the simple truth of him being infinitely better equipped to design on offense than Patricia was, means I just cant ;)

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well he did lead the Titans to a few relatively successful seasons, it wasn't ALL bad. And as much as I'd like to leave him out, the simple truth of him being infinitely better equipped to design on offense than Patricia was, means I just cant ;)
Ive got to be honest. Now that you brought it up, I do like rb's on bill obrien squads....i had forgot that little nugget.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. But as the Texan head as far as im concerned he mangled and butchered my squad....ill never forgive Nuks for DJ. what the F was he thinking....

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. But as the Texan head as far as im concerned he mangled and butchered my squad....ill never forgive Nuks for DJ. what the F was he thinking....
Texans..not Titans..can't believe I made that oops..sorry!!

Yeah, his moves towards the end are kinda unforgivable.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Reek to retire after '25??? That's interesting, and good to know for dynasty valuations. Still 3 years away, so not much to worry about right now, but if that's the case, what's to say he won't call it a career at any given moment?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

1680985625123.gif

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Because Bengals fans have got to know whether or not their running back is a crook. Well, I am not a crook."