• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i only listen to Treff or at least until this happened View attachment 324846now i don't listen to anyone..
To be fair, it was Treff's incorrect assessment of a rookie that made that happen...so you're probably correct in not listening to me

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I literally never listen to fantasy guys talk about rookies. NEVER. 2023 Rookie Quarterback Rankings (Fantasy Football)

Someone read hendon hooker’s profile here and tell me what you think.
Sounds accurate to me. He's old for a rookie, he's coming off a ACL, and he plays in a gimmicky offense. Not sure it's accurate about his lack of running ability, but they are right in he doesn't throw a lot of interceptions, his completion percentage, and his TDs. What is it you dislike about what they said?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucs coach Todd Bowles said he wants second-year RB Rachaad White to be a "three-down back.".....
..... White's 50 catches as a rookie and strong receiving usage in college set him up to play on all three downs in Year 2

Okay, these blurb authors really need some reality checks. JUST because a back can catch, doesn't make him a three down back. The fact that he's horrid between the tackles is completely irrelevant to these idiots...I do believe he was rated as one of the least efficient runners in the league last year.
The end of the blurb should be- if White can improve his vision, instincts and learn how to break tackles, his 50 catches as a rookie and strong receiving usage in college set him up to play on all three downs in Year 2.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, somewhat accurate imho.
I don't see anything glaringly wrong with it.
For me, Hooker's ceiling is likely in the neighborhood of the next JimmyG, D Carr, A. Dalton, Matty Ice..or he could be Akili Smith-esque. Given the right system surrounded by some decent talent, probably a viable QB1, most likely , in fantasy terms, a QB2- if he sticks at all. Better real life QB than fantasy QB.

What is it that you see is off?
Somewhat accurate yes. But the last paragraph is completely wrong and really changes the whole perception of him bases on the article.
i only listen to Treff or at least until this happened View attachment 324846now i don't listen to anyone..
Lol.
To be fair, it was Treff's incorrect assessment of a rookie that made that happen...so you're probably correct in not listening to me
Lol x2
Sounds accurate to me. He's old for a rookie, he's coming off a ACL, and he plays in a gimmicky offense. Not sure it's accurate about his lack of running ability, but they are right in he doesn't throw a lot of interceptions, his completion percentage, and his TDs. What is it you dislike about what they said?
The last paragraph. Theres accurate things in there. But if you are gonna post an article that says hooker has no rushing ability…you clearly have no idea about hendon hooker.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucs coach Todd Bowles said he wants second-year RB Rachaad White to be a "three-down back.".....
..... White's 50 catches as a rookie and strong receiving usage in college set him up to play on all three downs in Year 2

Okay, these blurb authors really need some reality checks. JUST because a back can catch, doesn't make him a three down back. The fact that he's horrid between the tackles is completely irrelevant to these idiots...I do believe he was rated as one of the least efficient runners in the league last year.
The end of the blurb should be- if White can improve his vision, instincts and learn how to break tackles, his 50 catches as a rookie and strong receiving usage in college set him up to play on all three downs in Year 2.
This is the kind of stupid shit that people print and then they'll draft Bijon Robinson in the 1st round. And yes, both he and Fournette were both horribly inefficient last year running the ball.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the kind of stupid shit that people print and then they'll draft Bijon Robinson in the 1st round. And yes, both he and Fournette were both horribly inefficient last year running the ball.
Lolol . Tis the silly season. But this made me laugh and nod my head in agreement:pound:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in the nfl, no he hasnt read things Well. I do argue somewhat the bears unworldly awful line and coaching play a big part in that. In college he could. @Shanemansj13 and I have talked about this, I think. Often at osu he didnt need to go through many progressions, system and talent around him and such. But he could and did when needed.

Full disclosure. I dont have anything in front of me or off the too of my head to support my comments. Just what I recall from draft assessments and college. Lamar has also actually made strides as a passer…..which is troubling that hes still so bad at it.
Lamar is 28th ALLTIME in completion percentage.

He isn’t bad at passing.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar is 28th ALLTIME in completion percentage.

He isn’t bad at passing.
It's sad that that is an accurate statement- the percentage thing- not the he isn't bad thing.

But once you look into it a bit deeper, it's readily apparent that virtually every starting QB that you could call a contemporary colleague of Lamar's, is ahead of him..except Stafford- and Stafford hasnt had a % as low as Lamars since 2014 .

'Back in the day' (like from 10-15 years ago and earlier..it gets more exagerated the further back you go), when passing schemes were mostly down field, not mostly just an extension/replacement of the run game with short dump offs, swings, and slants, a 60+% completion percentage was considered pretty damned good. In today's game? 63 is near bottom of the barrel. Even Trubisky has a higher %.

Lamar isn't asked to pass into tight windows, he's throwing 10-15 yard wobblers into the generally wide open, middle of the feild to Andrews, not a fair comparison to what most other QB's are asked to do. Granted, it is Lamar's running ability that creates that situation, so he still deserves credit as an all around QB, but that credit ain't due to his passing ability

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to defend a dumb blurber, but in this case it looks like it was todd bowles who said it

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to defend a dumb blurber, but in this case it looks like it was todd bowles who said it
The report was that Todd Bowles said- "wants to see White be a 3 down back"..

And what coach wouldn't want every back on thier roster to be capable of playing all 3 downs? If that were the case, no more telegraphing to the defense based on the skillset of the guy lined up in the backfield.

The rest of it, the mentioning of how adept White is in the passing game, but no mention whatsoever that he has thus far sucked as an early down runner, was the idiot blurb author adding his thoughts or 'analysis'

If I heard Todd Bowles say that, may immediate thoughts are..gee, Todd Bowles wants White to improve between the tackles, cuz he's always been decent as a receiving back.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The report was that Todd Bowles said- "wants to see White be a 3 down back"..

And what coach wouldn't want every back on thier roster to be capable of playing all 3 downs? If that were the case, no more telegraphing to the defense based on the skillset of the guy lined up in the backfield.

The rest of it, the mentioning of how adept White is in the passing game, but no mention whatsoever that he has thus far sucked as an early down runner, was the idiot blurb author adding his thoughts or 'analysis'

If I heard Todd Bowles say that, may immediate thoughts are..gee, Todd Bowles wants White to improve between the tackles, cuz he's always been decent as a receiving back.
I gotcha now. Good explanation.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, the more I think the Jets are leaning towards the wrong direction with Rodgers and are nuts if they pay that kinda dough for OBJ. They have an excellent young defense and a lot of good young offensive pieces.

Mortgage the future for a year or two with Rodgers? Beginning to sound like the same ol' Jets to me.

ESPN's Rich Cimini reports free agent Odell Beckham is "thought to be seeking" $15 million for a one-year deal.​

That won't be happening for a 30-year-old who has played 20 games since 2019, zero of which were in 2022. Cimini does believe $10-$12 million may be attainable. That would be a risky bet on someone on the wrong side of 30 with Beckham's injury history. The Jets do seem to be interested, while Beckham and Aaron Rodgers have long been a rumored pairing.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers and OBJ should go away and see if they can play catch in the dark
I don't think either would go for it. In the dark there's no one to see it, and if they can't brag about the 60 yard bomb and the one handed behind the back catch, why bother?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sad that that is an accurate statement- the percentage thing- not the he isn't bad thing.

But once you look into it a bit deeper, it's readily apparent that virtually every starting QB that you could call a contemporary colleague of Lamar's, is ahead of him..except Stafford- and Stafford hasnt had a % as low as Lamars since 2014 .

'Back in the day' (like from 10-15 years ago and earlier..it gets more exagerated the further back you go), when passing schemes were mostly down field, not mostly just an extension/replacement of the run game with short dump offs, swings, and slants, a 60+% completion percentage was considered pretty damned good. In today's game? 63 is near bottom of the barrel. Even Trubisky has a higher %.

Lamar isn't asked to pass into tight windows, he's throwing 10-15 yard wobblers into the generally wide open, middle of the feild to Andrews, not a fair comparison to what most other QB's are asked to do. Granted, it is Lamar's running ability that creates that situation, so he still deserves credit as an all around QB, but that credit ain't due to his passing ability
He’s 13th all time in passer rating. Right above Peyton Manning.

He completes passes better than most everyone who has played. And doesn’t turn the ball over.

The Bears won in the playoffs with Mitch and are the worst team in the NFL currently with Fields. I really don’t understand where people are coming from on this.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s 13th all time in passer rating. Right above Peyton Manning.

He completes passes better than most everyone who has played. And doesn’t turn the ball over.

The Bears won in the playoffs with Mitch and are the worst team in the NFL currently with Fields. I really don’t understand where people are coming from on this.
I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but completing passes ..and being a good passer, are not the same thing, especially in the system the Harbuagh designed around him which takes all thought out of the process. Just watch him throw for the proof. Anything but deep throws look terrible, the fact that Andrews generally has no one within 15 yards of him so that he can track them down, doesn't mean they were thrown well.

As for the QB rating, if they can't explain the formula used to achieve the result, I can't really put much stock into it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but completing passes ..and being a good passer, are not the same thing, especially in the system the Harbuagh designed around him which takes all thought out of the process. Just watch him throw for the proof. Anything but deep throws look terrible, the fact that Andrews generally has no one within 15 yards of him so that he can track them down, doesn't mean they were thrown well.

As for the QB rating, if they can't explain the formula used to achieve the result, I can't really put much stock into it.
Uhhhh….

Completing passes, getting first downs, not throwing picks and scoring touchdowns is what makes someone a good passer. There are no style points.

Mark Andrews does not get open by 15 yards very often. Nobody does.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhhh….

Completing passes, getting first downs, not throwing picks and scoring touchdowns is what makes someone a good passer. There are no style points.

Mark Andrews does not get open by 15 yards very often. Nobody does.
The way Jared Goff is progressing the last year and a half, I'd take him over Lamar. Just sayin'.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the thing with Lamar. All that really matters is that he's been awful in the playoffs and since the whole point is to win a Super Bowl, unless he gets a lot better in that aspect, none of the rest of that shit matters.