• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos GM George Paton says the team is "not interested" in trading WRs Courtland Sutton and Jerry Jeudy.

Broncos coach Sean Payton told NFL Network's Tom Pelissero "we're not trading those two players" when asked about Jerry Jeudy and Courtland Sutton.
"When people call and the phone rings like it does this time of year, (general manager) George Paton's job is to pick it up and say, 'Hey. Tell you what, we're not.' And so, we've received calls, you bet

translation- we tried to trade those dudes, but couldn't find anyone willing to meet our asking price and now, we've gotta save face with them and try to convince them that we weren't trying to run them out of town.
Not a single local, plugged in, Broncos beat guy is buying this malarkey

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oof...Jerry planning on sneaking Zeke in through the back door?

Stay tuned, sports fans!
Wouldn't be the first time a cap casualty gets the ax, tests the market, realizes his true value, and comes back home because it's the only place that'll have him.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this is interesting. Not sure what it does for Lance and Darnold's confidence, but Shanny has always seemed to be this kinda coach.

49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan said Trey Lance and Sam Darnold will split first-team reps this offseason.​

The zoomers might say Lance is "down bad," set to share first-team snaps with Darnold while Brock Prudy recovers from offseason elbow surgery. Purdy could miss the early portion of the regular season, leaving Darnold or Lance as the Niners starting quarterback until Purdy is ready for action. Shanahan and general manager John Lynch have made no secret that Purdy will be the team's QB1 when he's ready. That leaves Lance as a potential trade candidate for a QB-hungry team this offseason.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this is interesting. Not sure what it does for Lance and Darnold's confidence, but Shanny has always seemed to be this kinda coach.

49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan said Trey Lance and Sam Darnold will split first-team reps this offseason.​

The zoomers might say Lance is "down bad," set to share first-team snaps with Darnold while Brock Prudy recovers from offseason elbow surgery. Purdy could miss the early portion of the regular season, leaving Darnold or Lance as the Niners starting quarterback until Purdy is ready for action. Shanahan and general manager John Lynch have made no secret that Purdy will be the team's QB1 when he's ready. That leaves Lance as a potential trade candidate for a QB-hungry team this offseason.
They need like 5 QBs just to make sure they have a healthy one on a given Sunday.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be kinda embarrassing if Lance couldn't beat out Darnold.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be kinda embarrassing if Lance couldn't beat out Darnold.
Yeah, the number three pick should definitely be able to beat out the other number three pick.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true. I should have said, "The number three pick should be able to beat out the other number three pick to be the number two QB."
Well, I do think that Lance could have trade value.

Although I wouldn't be shocked if Darnold was the #2 and Lance was the guy that gets pushed forward on 3rd and short.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I do think that Lance could have trade value.

Although I wouldn't be shocked if Darnold was the #2 and Lance was the guy that gets pushed forward on 3rd and short.
I wouldn't be surprised if anyone became the 49ers QB.

Hell, Cam Newton is auditioning for a job!

:pound::pound::pound:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i said there was a QB available who averages 174 passing yards per game and add that he finished 29th in 2022 among all QB...
....would you want him?

thats Lamar's career ypg

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i said there was a QB available who averages 174 passing yards per game and add that he finished 29th in 2022 among all QB...
....would you want him?

thats Lamar's career ypg
Uh... I'd ask what else he brings to the table.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....would you want him?

thats Lamar's career ypg
Without hitting the spoiler, I"m guessing A A Ron

edited- damn I guessed wrong.

The local radio dudes, have a mid morning "players club" 3 ex broncos no silly beat reporters or schmucks who've never played, on for a couple hours..Brandon Stokely, Orlando Brown, and one other fringe WR can't even think of his name..but anyways..

They put the blame for Lamar on the Ravens not surrounding him with weapons and building an offense that only features the run. Well, yes, BUT, he can't throw all that well (better than he used to be, but still sub par for this level), isn't great going through his progressions, and is not exactly a great reader of the defense and figuring out what they're trying to do and finding the weakness in it- granted, not many are, but those who are, those are the guys getting 40 million+.

So why, if passing, reading defenses, is not his strong suit, but running is, would the Ravens fight that by spending all this money of big name WR's, if their QB can't take advantage of having them on the team consistently? Why wouldn't they utilize his best attributes to try and win games? that is the business the Ravens are in, right?

Last edited:

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Garoppolo, the team wins more when Lamar plays, but missing half of all December/January games really dings their value.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Garoppolo, the team wins more when Lamar plays, but missing half of all December/January games really dings their value.
Not sure i have enough space to completely articulate this, but i am not dismissing the added dimension that a dynamic player like Lamar (or Cam, or Vick) brings to the game.... but imho Lamar is different because he seems more selfish.

So basically you have a guy who plays like he does not trust the other 10 guys on offense. Then you compare him to other players at that position and the area where he should at least be at the NFL average, he is farther down the list.

I see this as a fan.
Other teams - who also pay those other 10 offensive players a lot of $$$ - may see this too. Not to mention how history is against him. Hence the crickets.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure i have enough space to completely articulate this, but i am not dismissing the added dimension that a dynamic player like Lamar (or Cam, or Vick) brings to the game.... but imho Lamar is different because he seems more selfish.

So basically you have a guy who plays like he does not trust the other 10 guys on offense. Then you compare him to other players at that position and the area where he should at least be at the NFL average, he is farther down the list.

I see this as a fan.
Other teams - who also pay those other 10 offensive players a lot of $$$ - may see this too. Not to mention how history is against him. Hence the crickets.
Has a lot of bearing on Fields IMO.

Both teams call run plays for their QBs, for better and worse.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has a lot of bearing on Fields IMO.

Both teams call run plays for their QBs, for better and worse.
Was true for 2021. Bears needed a spark. They stunk.

But da Bears want Fields to be a passer.
That's why they went out and got Claypool, Moore and Tonyan to go with Mooney and Kmet. (And to some extent Homer.)

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was true for 2021. Bears needed a spark. They stunk.

But da Bears want Fields to be a passer.
That's why they went out and got Claypool, Moore and Tonyan to go with Mooney and Kmet. (And to some extent Homer.)
The Ravens didn’t get Lamar squat. Maybe he only trusts himself and Andrews, but maybe he’s right to.