• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens didn’t get Lamar squat. Maybe he only trusts himself and Andrews, but maybe he’s right to.
Perhaps. (I like Harbaugh. I think he's a good coach.)

But for the price Lamar's asking, a team wont be able to spend a lot on the other 52 either. Just ask Mahomes. Ask Rodgers. Hard to surround a QB with valued players when the QB is draining the cap space.

At least Mahomes & Rodgers were better than Lamar.

Last edited:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How so?

Lower completion percentage, y/a, touchdowns, first downs, double the interception percentage…

Or do you just mean his arm is stronger?
Honestly didnt check their pro metrics. But coming out of college and even now, fields has a stronger arm, better touch, heck despite opinions he does see the field and his progressions.I know im likely in the minority on this.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly didnt check their pro metrics. But coming out of college and even now, fields has a stronger arm, better touch, heck despite opinions he does see the field and his progressions.I know im likely in the minority on this.
I haven't seen him read through progressions very well. But I would agree, he is naturally a better passer, to the eye test.

But it's kinda like saying a Hefty bag is better than a Glad bag...while it may be true, they're both just full of trash

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen him read through progressions very well. But I would agree, he is naturally a better passer, to the eye test.

But it's kinda like saying a Hefty bag is better than a Glad bag...while it may be true, they're both just full of trash
So in the nfl, no he hasnt read things Well. I do argue somewhat the bears unworldly awful line and coaching play a big part in that. In college he could. @Shanemansj13 and I have talked about this, I think. Often at osu he didnt need to go through many progressions, system and talent around him and such. But he could and did when needed.

Full disclosure. I dont have anything in front of me or off the too of my head to support my comments. Just what I recall from draft assessments and college. Lamar has also actually made strides as a passer…..which is troubling that hes still so bad at it.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, this is Fields' make or break year. Bears are trying to surround him for success. So jury is in deliberation. Personally, i worry that Getsy is not the answer at OC.

Not trying to rant on Lamar. I just wonder if he is trying to cash in based on his mvp season and his win/loss record (which i credit Harbaugh moreso than Jackson).

I say that because as an athlete, you have to pay attention to your own stats. Dont you? How you rank compared to others? Hard for me to believe that after 5 years he is convinced that a career pass-yds-per-gm of 174.4 is worth a garuanteed contract.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The owners (& team presidents) are another layer. Yes, some owners throw money around... but the significance of what Lamar is asking - a fully garainteed contract - i would have to think that from the financial aspect, some teams are thinking "if we give Lamar this kind of money for 174.4 career passing yards, how many other players will use that a basis to get similar deals?"

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in the nfl, no he hasnt read things Well. I do argue somewhat the bears unworldly awful line and coaching play a big part in that. In college he could. @Shanemansj13 and I have talked about this, I think. Often at osu he didnt need to go through many progressions, system and talent around him and such. But he could and did when needed.

Full disclosure. I don't have anything in front of me or off the too of my head to support my comments. Just what I recall from draft assessments and college. Lamar has also actually made strides as a passer…..which is troubling that hes still so bad at it.
agreed on all points..I too have no data that I'm pointing at either, just my eye test. And that tells me that if Lamar and Fields where in a passing skills competition, Fields would win. That's about all I would say either way.

Just to comment on him at OSU- When the draftniks say things like 'comes from a pro system', generally they're referencing a passing system that requires multiple reads progressions. OSU has shades of that, but in the Big 10, most weeks, its not necessary. granted there's a few stiff competitors there, but in general they can sleep walk through most their schedule. And it shows when they get spanked by Alabama 52-24 in the title game. Just my own personal observations. Overall, the utter lack of defense throughout the majority of the college level, makes QB's so difficult to predict and more often than not, their stats are a tiny step above irrelevant.

The owners (& team presidents) are another layer. Yes, some owners throw money around... but the significance of what Lamar is asking - a fully garainteed contract - i would have to think that from the financial aspect, some teams are thinking "if we give Lamar this kind of money for 174.4 career passing yards, how many other players will use that a basis to get similar deals?"
Devils advocate- Lamar did win an MVP, so there would be that to point to when JoeSchmoe QB averaging 200 ypg wants 40 mill guaranteed like Lamar got.

Not devils advocate-yes, dangerous precedent to set

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler believes Lamar Jackson isn't demanding a fully-guaranteed contract, "just that the guaranteed portion of it be larger than [Deshaun] Watson's."​

SMDH-- the only way to get more guaranteed than Watson's near fully guaranteed deal, and stay within the percentages that NFL owners feel comfortable guaranteeing, would be to sign him to a deal somewhere in the neighborhood of 600mil, and gaurantee roughly half of it.

This kids needs an agent something fierce, cuz he's just not getting it

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Full disclosure. I dont have anything in front of me or off the too of my head to support my comments. Just what I recall from draft assessments and college. Lamar has also actually made strides as a passer…..which is troubling that hes still so bad at it.
Progressions was an issue in college and like you said he didn’t have to do as often but another issue was his wind-up. Not sure if he fixed that??

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Jeremy Fowler believes Lamar Jackson isn't demanding a fully-guaranteed contract, "just that the guaranteed portion of it be larger than [Deshaun] Watson's."

SMDH-- the only way to get more guaranteed than Watson's near fully guaranteed deal, and stay within the percentages that NFL owners feel comfortable guaranteeing, would be to sign him to a deal somewhere in the neighborhood of 600mil, and gaurantee roughly half of it.

This kids needs an agent something fierce, cuz he's just not getting it
But he can run fast. He should stick to that

Forrest Gump Running GIF

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Progressions was an issue in college and like you said he didn’t have to do as often but another issue was his wind-up. Not sure if he fixed that??
Wait. I swear me and you both said he CAN read through progressions

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait. I swear me and you both said he CAN read through progressions
Yeah we did. I also knew it was a weakness of his early in his career but we saw him improve. It wasn't a glaring weakness I thought he had bigger issues like his wind-up and holding the ball too long.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah we did. I also knew it was a weakness of his early in his career but we saw him improve. It wasn't a glaring weakness I thought he had bigger issues like his wind-up and holding the ball too long.
got yah got yah. ok. he does have a weird windup

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's even a shred of truth to that rumor, I am both shocked, and impressed, that the Dolphins actually put forth that type of effort.

Does make me wonder though...

"If we can't get on of the best 5-7 RB's in the league, well F it, just re-sign the oft injured M*A*S*H* unit we always use."

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I literally never listen to fantasy guys talk about rookies. NEVER. 2023 Rookie Quarterback Rankings (Fantasy Football)

Someone read hendon hooker’s profile here and tell me what you think.
Meh, somewhat accurate imho.
I don't see anything glaringly wrong with it.
For me, Hooker's ceiling is likely in the neighborhood of the next JimmyG, D Carr, A. Dalton, Matty Ice..or he could be Akili Smith-esque. Given the right system surrounded by some decent talent, probably a viable QB1, most likely , in fantasy terms, a QB2- if he sticks at all. Better real life QB than fantasy QB.

What is it that you see is off?