• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Chiefs fan, you must be thanking the football gods that you have Mahome. I mean Patrick, not his evil twin. ;)
Certainly. I do think that Mahomes and the Chiefs are a bit of a perfect storm. I think Mahomes would've always been a top 5 QB regardless of the team but being able to sit a year, have Kelce and Hill, all while having Andy Reid has certainly helped. Nagy and Mahomes certainly did KC a solid when they pressured KC to make the move.

As far as Jackson is concerned, I do think he can win a Super Bowl on the Ravens. I'm just not sure that betting on him is smart at this point. At least historically speaking. Lamar's injuries have already tanked the Ravens in two consecutive seasons.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...32 mil plus for one year ain't too shabby.

My opinion? Gimme a QB who can pass. Yes, I know that's totally Old School.

Ravens placed the non-exclusive franchise tag on Lamar Jackson.​

That means that Jackson can negotiate with other teams and will be guaranteed a salary of $32.4 million. The Ravens will be able to match any offer that Jackson gets or receive two first-round picks if they choose not to match. While this is not the traditional route to take with a player you really want to keep, it does make some sense to let Jackson understand what his value is on the open market. It certainly would seem to increase the odds that Jackson is dealt. Ravens GM Eric DeCosta released a statement that said the "ultimate goal" is to "build a championship team with Lamar Jackson leading the way for many years to come."
How to say "your agent sucks" when the guy's his own agent.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Dimes breaks the bank after one slightly above mediocre season. Insanity

Barkley gets a non exclusive tag...no one is giving up 2 firsts for ANY RB. Not even Herschel or Ricky commanded that kind of haul back when RB's were highly valued

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Barkley gets a non exclusive tag...no one is giving up 2 firsts for ANY RB. Not even Herschel or Ricky commanded that kind of haul back when RB's were highly valued
The Rams might. They hate first-round picks.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? And people laugh about the prospect of the Jets signing Rodgers...

Giants signed QB Daniel Jones to a four-year, $160 million contract.​

The deal reportedly has $35 million in incentives. Even though this has been the likely outcome for some time, it's pretty remarkable that Jones managed to parlay his first year under Brian Daboll into this contract after the Giants declined his fifth-year option last offseason. Jones had the best season of his career under Daboll, cutting his interception rate sharply and rushing for seven touchdowns. The rushing upside will keep him relevant as a fantasy football low-end QB1. It remains to be seen just how this contract will actually break down, but it likely will amount to a two-year deal with an out afterwards.

Giants placed the non-exclusive franchise tag on Saquon Barkley.​

Like Tony Pollard before him, Barkley will get a guaranteed salary of $10.09 million. The Giants have said they're interested in signing Barkley to an extension and with Daniel Jones' extension wrapped up, can finally turn their attention to their star running back. Barkley has reportedly been asking for around $14-$16 million a season, and turned down $12 million a season on an in-season extension. Either way, the 26-year-old will likely be with the Giants next season and will be returned to the perennial RB1 tier after a bounceback 295/1312/10 season in his first year in Brian Daboll's offense. Barkley can negotiate with other clubs but the odds of any team giving up two first-round picks for a running back in today's environment seem extremely slim.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bro, I can't take that profile pic much longer. You did your time, please ask @SmokingMonkey for the release.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro, I can't take that profile pic much longer. You did your time, please ask @SmokingMonkey for the release.
No sir. I may be a lot of things, some of which may not be flattering, but I'll always stand by my word. If I lose a bet, by gawd, I'm paying up, in full.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams have to give up 2 1sts for Lamar, right? Thats going to stop teams cold because of next year's QB class. I don't think he gets dealt.
Plus he cant stay healthy.
Didnt travel with the team for the playoff game either....
Seems like he has a ton of talent but is NOT a "team" guy to me.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No sir. I may be a lot of things, some of which may not be flattering, but I'll always stand by my word. If I lose a bet, by gawd, I'm paying up, in full.
Cake for you! :)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whispers out of Denver beat reporters-
J. Williams likely to be out until October, with at least one source claiming he may be out the entire year.
Broncos likely to be in the market for a Hunt or D. Foreman type signing, possibly even a D. Henry trade

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints signed QB Derek Carr to a four-year, $150 million contract.
Just realized.... we may question Carr's ability, but arguably, he just became the best QB in the NFC South.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just realized.... we may question Carr's ability, but arguably, he just became the best QB in the NFC South.
Imho, it isn't even arguable...it's definitive fact.

Desmond Ridder is the only QB currently under contract for any of the other 3 teams with any real starting experience.
Panthers PJ Walker, and Bucs Trask currently sit atop the depth charts

Even if Darnold and Gabert are counted..are they really in a conversation about being better than Carr??

Last edited:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whispers out of Denver beat reporters-
J. Williams likely to be out until October, with at least one source claiming he may be out the entire year.
Broncos likely to be in the market for a Hunt or D. Foreman type signing, possibly even a D. Henry trade
Hard to predict where Henry lands but I do think Henry gets traded. I'd imagine Chicago probably gets first crack at him unless Henry can turn them down. I think that would be a great addition but Chicago is probably thinking more long-term. Dolphins are the betting favorite. I think if the Falcons had to choose between Henry and Tannehill they'd take Tannehill in a heartbeat.

If Henry lands on the Eagles after giving them AJ Brown...man...that would likely be far and away the best offense for at least one season.

Titans are almost certainly tanking, though. They might as well get some nashville country singers to coach the team. Their three divisional rivals will have Lawrence, Young, and Stroud. Titans will bottom out to get a rookie of their own.

Henry on Denver might be interesting. Too many eggs in two baskets imo but interesting.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imho, it isn't even arguable...it's definitive fact.
Well, I also believe that. But I was trying to tip-toe over it since I wasn't sure how strong your Carr hatred was? lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, the most likely scenario where I get proven wrong is:

Seattle trades up to #1. Why? In order to justify moving on from Geno, they have to take the best guy who can compete day 1. Seattle is also used to mobile, undersized QBs. Seattle will still be able to build a defense without their first round picks.

Houston takes one at 2.

Arizona takes Will Anderson

Indy takes one at 4.

Chicago takes a pass rusher.

Last QB goes at 6. Detroit trades down if they dont want that QB because ATL and CAR will compete for one.

So thats 4 in the top 6 if Seattle trades up. If Carolina trades up, its 4 out of 5 Id imagine
Well with that Geno signing there goes that trade. Chicago likely to stay with Fields but if they pull off a big trade before the draft they will take a QB

Houston and Indy need QB's.
Zona is in good shape if Anderson falls to them but Chicago could take Anderson if they keep Fields OR trade down to acquire more picks. If they trade down, one of those QB needy teams is trading to #1
I think Detroit stays with Goff for now.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with multiple reports stating that many teams have 3rd round grades on Richardson, not only would it require trades for a ton a Qb's to go, but there's also a limited amount of teams that'll be will to make a big move to get one if those rumors are true. If your willing to make a move, but you don't like Richardson, and get get a deal done to snag one of the top 2..your out of the hunt by default.
It it has certainly sounded like Levi is falling falling falling, possibly out of the first round all together

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard the Texans were fined a 5th round pick for cap issues.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with multiple reports stating that many teams have 3rd round grades on Richardson, not only would it require trades for a ton a Qb's to go, but there's also a limited amount of teams that'll be will to make a big move to get one if those rumors are true. If your willing to make a move, but you don't like Richardson, and get get a deal done to snag one of the top 2..your out of the hunt by default.
It it has certainly sounded like Levi is falling falling falling, possibly out of the first round all together
My personal opinion is that there are only 2 first round QBs. That said, I don't believe a single thing I hear about qbs this time of year and I'm not quite sure where a 2nd tier qb should actually be drafted