• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My personal opinion is that there are only 2 first round QBs. That said, I don't believe a single thing I hear about qbs this time of year and I'm not quite sure where a 2nd tier qb should actually be drafted
If last year was any indication...the 3rd round

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If last year was any indication...the 3rd round
If 2021 is any indication, its pick 2, pick 3 and pick 15. Hard to say how teams evaluate these guys

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imho, it isn't even arguable...it's definitive fact.

Desmond Ridder is the only QB currently under contract for any of the other 3 teams with any real starting experience.
Panthers PJ Walker, and Bucs Trask currently sit atop the depth charts

Even if Darnold and Gabert are counted..are they really in a conversation about being better than Carr??
Blaine's my top candidate for a Geno-like resurgence if he stays with the Bucs, now that teams might be open to something like that.

Tiny sample size, but in his three years in Tampa he went 22-for-35 with 3 TDs and no INTs. Former #10 pick. Wouldn't be surprised if they give him a real shot to compete for the starting job.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blaine's my top candidate for a Geno-like resurgence if he stays with the Bucs, now that teams might be open to something like that.

Tiny sample size, but in his three years in Tampa he went 22-for-35 with 3 TDs and no INTs. Former #10 pick. Wouldn't be surprised if they give him a real shot to compete for the starting job.
I think they should. The little stretch that he started a few games in SF wasn't all that terrible, wasn't great, but, could've been much worse.
Draft a guy day 2 or early day 3..let him, Trask and Gabbert slug it out, winner gets the job. Seems like a good idea to me. Bummer for Godwin and Evans though, well, maybe. Geno wasn't too terrible for Lockett/DK.

I mean if you aren't trading for Rodgers, or plan on being in the JimmyG sweeps, and aren't in a position to draft one in the first round, why not? The only alternative is trading up to get inside the top 3-5 picks, and that seems a bit extreme given where they'd be starting form.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that trade is true, its crazy how much Lovie Smith helped the Bears by winning as a Texan

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great trade for Chicago. They get Fields another weapon, maybe with Carter's recent news he can fall to #9? Then they get a future 1st, a 2nd back after that Claypool trade and another 2nd.

Now go shore up that OL and keep building the defense.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me thinks yer team just fleeced the crap out of Carolina
Bears needed a WR.
If you look at the WR FA about to hit the market on Monday, none have Moore's value (plus he has a cap-friendly contract too).
Just on that alone, I like the deal.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears needed a WR.
If you look at the WR FA about to hit the market on Monday, none have Moore's value (plus he has a cap-friendly contract too).
Just on that alone, I like the deal.
I like the deal for the Bears a lot. One thing they need to remember is snagging a really good backup QB.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might be great for Chicago..it SUCKS for DJ Moore.

It also sucks for whichever QB the Panthers take, they got NADA on offense now
Anything is up for DJ Moore. Fields will get better.

Gonna be a rough ride in Carolina. Ouch. They must REALlY like somebody.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything is up for DJ Moore. Fields will get better.

Gonna be a rough ride in Carolina. Ouch. They must REALlY like somebody.
Fields MIGHT get better.
I saw nothing to suggest he'll be a decent passer.

Claypool is a physical freak and Mooney was on the brink of stardom, mostly due to production with Dalton at QB in 2021, and both were more or less worthless with Feilds. I have zero faith in Feilds feeding Moore.

I did get a kick out if the rotoworld blurb...'Fields is hands down the best all around QB Moore has ever had' Newton won an MVP and was a better all around QB, and both Mayfield and Darnold were better passing QB's. Some blurb author has DJ Moore stock he's hoping to sell high.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields MIGHT get better.

Claypool is a physical freak and Mooney was on the brink of stardom, mostly due to production with Dalton at QB in 2021, and both were more or less worthless with Feilds. I have zero faith in Feilds feeding Moore.

I did get a kick out if the rotoworld blurb...'Fields is hands down the best all around QB Moore has ever had' Newton won an MVP and was a better all around QB, and both Mayfield and Darnold were better passing QB's. Some blurb author has DJ Moore stock he's hoping to sell high.

Tossing aside whether or not he's a passer (he isn't), he won't last a season, imo.

However, I'll rate him over Kyler Murray, for what that's worth.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields MIGHT get better.
I hear conflicting stats like this. Fields didnt run in college but made his mark as a passer. Now in the NFL, he isnt a passer?

From the few agonizing games i got to watch, the WR were not getting separation. Do we blame the WR? Or Fields for not making an ill-advised throw?

Also, heard a stat the other day that despite claims the O-line didnt give him time to pass, he actually had the most time of any QB last year.

I dont know what to believe anymore. Honestly. I just want to see improvement.