• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can extend him now, to free up space for an impact player on defense, I’d support it.

He annoys me less than Staff ever did. Doesn’t have the arm, but is not of the Brett Favre mold.

When he had options to throw to (when Swift, ARSB, Chark werent hurt and before trading Hock) he excelled. And as the season went on his decision making improved.

He never played with his intended first string line and skill players at the same time. In their first season with Ben Johnson as OC.

You can do better than Goff. But you can do a lot worse a lot easier. I wouldn’t trade him back to the Rams for Stafford straight up at this point.
In my humble opinion.

I think Goff will shock the world this season.

As will the Lions.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my humble opinion.

I think Goff will shock the world this season.

As will the Lions.
If Dan Campbell hadn’t gotten in the way a couple times (first game against your Vikings) he would’ve had the NFLs worst defense in the playoffs.

If Rogers leaves GB, I’m confident they have a shot to win the North. For the first time ever. Lol

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr been a starter his whole career while Geno is a 33 year old journeyman with a partially successful season last year.
Man for a Seahawks fan you seem awfully disparaging toward a guy that took a team that was supposed to compete for the first pick in the draft to the playoffs last year. I mean I know he wasn't as good at the end of the season, but he was still 7th in QBR, 8th in yards, 4th in touchdowns, had a 30-11 TD/INT ratio and led the league in completion percentage. That's pretty damn good in my book.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man for a Seahawks fan you seem awfully disparaging toward a guy that took a team that was supposed to compete for the first pick in the draft to the playoffs last year. I mean I know he wasn't as good at the end of the season, but he was still 7th in QBR, 8th in yards, 4th in touchdowns, had a 30-11 TD/INT ratio and led the league in completion percentage. That's pretty damn good in my book.
Geno had a marvelous season, but......his better games were against some of the weakest defenses in the league, he had numerous picks dropped by defenders and he didn't look nearly as good against good defenses and his play was trending back to his norm. I for one don't expect him to play anywhere near his 2022 season and I'm !00% against giving him a big contract or a contract that ties him to the Seahawks for multiple years or a contract that has the Seahawks hesitating to use that #5 on a QB.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just shoot me now, god damn.
Hey, if that third year has little cap hit involved, this is exactly what a stop gap QBs contract looks like today.

Doubt it affects how they address the position long term. I mean, it shouldn’t, he’s Geno Smith!

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Smitty as to assuming Carr would be in the 40 mill per year average range.

I dunno what Geno SHOULD get, or what his true value SHOULD be, but I know I'd pay him more, average per year, on a 2 year deal with 3rd and 4th options, than I would Danny Dimes on a six year deal..and that dude thinks he's getting 45 million per

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Smitty as to assuming Carr would be in the 40 mill per year average range.

I dunno what Geno SHOULD get, or what his true value SHOULD be, but I know I'd pay him more, average per year, on a 2 year deal with 3rd and 4th options, than I would Danny Dimes on a six year deal..and that dude thinks he's getting 45 million per
Heard chatter today that Danny is getting tagged.

Which seems like the smart thing for them to do imo.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'member when that was pretty much the plan, for all teams, league wide. That rookie QB wouldn't start year one unless it was an emergency or it was just way too obvious that the guy had to be playing. When rooks did play, no one said boo about them throwing 17 picks to 10 TD's, cuz 'that's why you don't play rookies, it ain't their fault'. Then Big Ben won the Super Bowl as a rook, and expectations changed

Not that long ago though… the current Super Bowl champion QB.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that long ago though… the current Super Bowl champion QB.
Right? Mahommes sat for all but what, the final game of his rookie year?

I see no problem with letting a #1 pick at QB sit a year if you can.

Owner/GM/maybe even HC may not like it, but I think there'd be a better track record on these guys if they all had a good 3/4-full season holding the clipboard

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right? Mahommes sat for all but what, the final game of his rookie year?

I see no problem with letting a #1 pick at QB sit a year if you can.

Owner/GM/maybe even HC may not like it, but I think there'd be a better track record on these guys if they all had a good 3/4-full season holding the clipboard

Throwing them to the wolves can “work” sometimes too.
This is probably where contracts come into play.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SteelersPride @broncosmitty
where's all the combine chatter?

some impressive numbers put up over the weekend..
I know. Ive been so busy. I havent been on here a ton. Havent been able to keep up on things. Catching up some. Actually happy some guys had big combines, bc im not high on some of them at all.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...32 mil plus for one year ain't too shabby.

My opinion? Gimme a QB who can pass. Yes, I know that's totally Old School.

Ravens placed the non-exclusive franchise tag on Lamar Jackson.​

That means that Jackson can negotiate with other teams and will be guaranteed a salary of $32.4 million. The Ravens will be able to match any offer that Jackson gets or receive two first-round picks if they choose not to match. While this is not the traditional route to take with a player you really want to keep, it does make some sense to let Jackson understand what his value is on the open market. It certainly would seem to increase the odds that Jackson is dealt. Ravens GM Eric DeCosta released a statement that said the "ultimate goal" is to "build a championship team with Lamar Jackson leading the way for many years to come."

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...32 mil plus for one year ain't too shabby.

My opinion? Gimme a QB who can pass. Yes, I know that's totally Old School.

Ravens placed the non-exclusive franchise tag on Lamar Jackson.​

That means that Jackson can negotiate with other teams and will be guaranteed a salary of $32.4 million. The Ravens will be able to match any offer that Jackson gets or receive two first-round picks if they choose not to match. While this is not the traditional route to take with a player you really want to keep, it does make some sense to let Jackson understand what his value is on the open market. It certainly would seem to increase the odds that Jackson is dealt. Ravens GM Eric DeCosta released a statement that said the "ultimate goal" is to "build a championship team with Lamar Jackson leading the way for many years to come."
I was seriously in the middle of this post when I saw new message and you beat me to it Chef. Will be very interesting to see what he gets offered by another team.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams have to give up 2 1sts for Lamar, right? Thats going to stop teams cold because of next year's QB class. I don't think he gets dealt.
As a Chiefs fan, you must be thanking the football gods that you have Mahome. I mean Patrick, not his evil twin. ;)