• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as to Henry's value? Considering the team you'd be trading him to is more than likely a team that would be considered to be within a "Super Bowl Window", likely drafting in the back end of all rounds..I'd say you could likely get at least a first for him, or multiple day 2 picks for sure.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno..I think he'd fit in well in lots of places.

if the eagles don't want Sanders back, that'd be a great spot. Rumors swirl around the BIlls 'needing' a RB every offseason, he'd take a lot of of Allen's plate there. Phins need a RB and Tyreek would be a serious bitch if a safety had to concern himself with Derrick Henry. If Dallas lets Pollard/Zeke walk, that's a perfect fit. If the Bengals cut Mixon, he'd be great there (dear Lord, Chase and Higgins downfield vs an 8 man box?). Same in Minnesota if they cut Cooks. Gmen if they don't resign Barkley.

I think your Chiefs would be a great place for him..why not? how great would it be to not have to depend on Mahommes making some insane play to keep drives going because they don't have a consistent run game and rarely play ahead of the sticks?
Eagles and Cowboys immediately came to mind for me but I'd even throw the Giants in there is Barkley is gone.

The Chiefs issue is generally money. Orlando Brown wants to be overpaid. Frank Clark is always overpaid. Mahomes and Chris Jones are properly paid. Kelce underpaid but still paid. There will be a better place to spend money for the Chiefs. Heck, Id rather have a run stuffing DT than an RB and by a fairly easy margin.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno..I think he'd fit in well in lots of places.

if the eagles don't want Sanders back, that'd be a great spot. Rumors swirl around the BIlls 'needing' a RB every offseason, he'd take a lot of of Allen's plate there. Phins need a RB and Tyreek would be a serious bitch if a safety had to concern himself with Derrick Henry. If Dallas lets Pollard/Zeke walk, that's a perfect fit. If the Bengals cut Mixon, he'd be great there (dear Lord, Chase and Higgins downfield vs an 8 man box?). Same in Minnesota if they cut Cooks. Gmen if they don't resign Barkley.

I think your Chiefs would be a great place for him..why not? how great would it be to not have to depend on Mahommes making some insane play to keep drives going because they don't have a consistent run game and rarely play ahead of the sticks?
This is why the offseason RB carousel is going to be so interesting.

Where the hell are these guys gonna end up? Do the Vikes cut Dalvin Cook and rely on Mattison?

I highly doubt that. If Cook goes, they'll be shoppin' hard for a starting RB.

I do think that King Henry would be a perfect fit on the Eagles. They're gonna lose some guys and he'd be a great two year stopgap.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles and Cowboys immediately came to mind for me but I'd even throw the Giants in there is Barkley is gone.

The Chiefs issue is generally money. Orlando Brown wants to be overpaid. Frank Clark is always overpaid. Mahomes and Chris Jones are properly paid. Kelce underpaid but still paid. There will be a better place to spend money for the Chiefs. Heck, Id rather have a run stuffing DT than an RB and by a fairly easy margin.
and then that brings into question the compensation question. If you can get the Titans to eat some of the salary, to fit him under your cap, how much more do you give up to acquire him? Would the Titans eat salary to get the higher compensation (i cannot see why not)?

I mean if you can work out a deal where the Titans are paying him enough to the point that your team's cap isn't an issue..that opens up a world of possibilities.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why the offseason RB carousel is going to be so interesting.

Where the hell are these guys gonna end up? Do the Vikes cut Dalvin Cook and rely on Mattison?

I highly doubt that. If Cook goes, they'll be shoppin' hard for a starting RB.

I do think that King Henry would be a perfect fit on the Eagles. They're gonna lose some guys and he'd be a great two year stopgap.
it's gonna be a fun, yet frustrating time. Fun in thinking of all the possibilities, frustrating sitting there refreshing rotoworld, and twitter feeds, waiting on every tidbit of info.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, I could see Jerry doin' this. It would make for an amazing offseason in Dallas.

97.1 The Freak! :pound::pound::pound:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speaking of--
Cowboys officially tag Pollard.
they're out of any potential Henry sweepstakes

Sad for Pollard. Time is tickin' for him.

This means that once again, it will be the Butch and Sundance show in Dallas next season.

Only, Sundance may be pissed about it.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just rumors I'm reading here and there, but it seems that the Aaron Rodgers/Jets thing is gaining momentum.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ughhh..why?!?!? I mean Josh McDaniels thought he could turn Tim Tebow into an adequate NFL starter when he drafted him in Denver, why would he need the #1 pick, when they can likely get the 3rd best QB in the draft at #7? Obviously, if he has faith in getting Tebow to work, surely he can do wonders with any one of Young, Levis, or Stroud, right?

they make that kind of move and all I can think of is Jamarcus Russel
I think three QBs will be gone by pick 7.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's some damn good eatin' in the bayou!

Saints signed QB Derek Carr to a four-year, $150 million contract.​

Carr will earn $100 million in guaranteed money during his time with the Saints, which included $60 million due at signing. Unsurprisingly, his contract was structured in a way that works with the Saints' salary cap issues, as the team continues to push money around one offseason after another. His average annual value of $37.5 million per year is good for the ninth-highest AAV among quarterbacks, but that's with several young quarterbacks still waiting on new contracts.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think three QBs will be gone by pick 7.
probably/possibly. depends on how draft day trades filter out. as thing sit right now, assuming no trades, i think that 3rd one is there at #7. but what are the chances that happens, ya know?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, what??

Saints agreed to terms with QB Derek Carr, formerly of the Raiders, on a four-year contract.​

Ummmm... :think:
Its not March 13th yet.
Isnt this free agent tampering?? :nono:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
someone is reaching than..well, 3 some ones are reaching most likely, but one of them is REALLY reaching
Well...they're QBs. And its a really deep draft when it comes to pass rushers. And there aren't many elite prospects.

Young and Stroud going 1 and 2 would be a normal occurrence in most drafts though.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...they're QBs. And its a really deep draft when it comes to pass rushers. And there aren't many elite prospects.

Young and Stroud going 1 and 2 would be a normal occurrence in most drafts though.
1.1 well Chicago would either need to trade the pick, or trade Fields for one to go #1. Which, yeah, very likely, and they should, but ya gotta find the right dance partner
1.2 Houston is a given to take one
1.3 Cardinals probably wont, but could trade it to someone who will, I don't buy that they're over Kyler just yet.
1.4 Colts definitely should
1.5 Seattle, maybe, probably should but would they?
1.6 Detroit, again, probably should, but will they? Both them and Seattle showed that the guys they have, with relatively low contracts, can play winning football for them if they get some help on D
Then its the Raiders at 7, who definitely should.

As is, it'd be hard to see 4 go before 7, let alone 4 in the top 5, imho, but any one singular trade in the top 6 could blow that idea up. Just depends on what the Bears and/or Cardinals do on the trade front and if the Seahawks/Lions pull the trigger. No trades at all, it's a virtual lock that 2 go, Houston and Indy

Side note..man that RW trade is looking SOOO good for Seattle right now, regardless of Sean Peyton resurrecting RW or not.

man I love this time of year as the draft inches closer

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams outside the top five that would be realistic options for trading into the top five and making that 4 out of 5 a real probability...Raiders 7, Falcons 8, Panthers 9, Titans (ohh.Titans..D. Henry and the 1.11 for the Cards 1.3, or Da Bears 1.1?) and Jets.

Plenty of potential suitors, if any of them have fallen in love with any one particular guy and are willing to pay the price tag