• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it would have been $8,000,000 if they picked up his 5th year option. Be interesting to see if he throws a fit over being tagged. Honestly in my opinion if a team denies your 5th year option then I don't think they should be allowed to tag you, but they don't ask me these questions.
0fcd3a0a-a973-4525-a7bb-05985136ea02_text.gif

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it would have been $8,000,000 if they picked up his 5th year option. Be interesting to see if he throws a fit over being tagged. Honestly in my opinion if a team denies your 5th year option then I don't think they should be allowed to tag you, but they don't ask me these questions.
As to Jacobs/Raiders, not the contract/option/franchise stuff...

It was a gamble by Josh McD's/Davis. Had he turned in another ho hum season, like his previous 3, re-signing him would've been likely, 4-5 years, 6, 7, 8 per, or just let him walk, why not right? He was never better than exceedingly mediocre, right? Short term, if they resigned him, slightly less, or right about the same as option wouldve been, long term, saving money either way. And either way, we're running him into the ground this year becuase we have nothing to lose if he tears a knee or whatever.

Instead he goes out, leads the league in rushing and increases his value. Oops.

The good thing is, Jacobs JUST turned 25, so even if you do have to cough up significant money to sign him to his second contract, at least you know he'll just be hitting 29 at the end of a 4 year deal, or just be hitting 30 if you give him 5. It's not a horrible investment from jump. It's inherently risky, due to the nature of the position, but there are positives too.

The dude is worth a significant second contract, just don't give him a Zeke type of contract. And if that's what he's demanding, franchise him, repeat last year, where you run him into the ground again, and let him walk. Let the next team worry about whether or not he'll be worth Zeke money when he's turning 29/30.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Letting Carr go to me sends the message that he was the problem. Franchising Jacobs is... how do i put this?... in an era where RB are both necessary and yet not difference-makers... keeping Jacobs makes sense.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry still wants to use both. Not ideal for Pollard and his potential breakout year

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry still wants to use both. Not ideal for Pollard and his potential breakout year

Jerra is an idiot. Pollard is no 20 carry a game back, and Zeke is done. Let em both walk.

Sad thing is MM has already stated "all I want is to run the damn ball", and I doubt he's planning on doing that with a rookie, or anyone else he isn't familiar with.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, what??

Saints agreed to terms with QB Derek Carr, formerly of the Raiders, on a four-year contract.​

Carr is reuniting with Dennis Allen as the Saints lock in their starting quarterback for 2023. Carr has seen his early best ball ADP settle in the double-digit rounds. He may not see much of a boost while joining what has been a very run-heavy team, but he will be very helpful for the Saints' weapons. Carr's signing is a huge boost for second-year WR Chris Olave, who impressed with his ability to consistently draw deep targets as a rookie. Carr should have more freedom to challenge deep than Jameis Winston did, and he has far more deep ball ability than Andy Dalton. The move could also make Michael Thomas more likely to stay in New Orleans, although that situation continues to be murky. Alvin Kamara could be facing a long suspension, but when on the field, his outlook is much stronger with Carr under center. Carr is likely to throw underneath, but should also operate a more potent offensive attack than Dalton did.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerra is an idiot. Pollard is no 20 carry a game back, and Zeke is done. Let em both walk.

Sad thing is MM has already stated "all I want is to run the damn ball", and I doubt he's planning on doing that with a rookie, or anyone else he isn't familiar with.
You and I can agree on one thing. Let Pollard walk and give the guy a chance to see what he can do. As for Zeke, I think he's still got that TD vulture appeal. I really didn't think he was as horrible last season as people are saying.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and I can agree on one thing. Let Pollard walk and give the guy a chance to see what he can do. As for Zeke, I think he's still got that TD vulture appeal. I really didn't think he was as horrible last season as people are saying.
oh we can agree on lots of things. What fun it would it be if we agreed on everything? ;) Civil Discord is healthy baby!

yes, he absolutely does have that sort of appeal. he can still be a hammer, he is still an asset in pass pro, and he can still be useful as a receiver out of the backfield. he just won't make much happen after the catch. So there is production to be had, I sure wouldn't go so far as to say that he's done done. Just not anywhere near 20 million dollars worth of production. Like double the vet minimum or so maybe. He done as far as being THAT kind of guy, I didn't mean to infer that he should be done as in out of the league.

I'm guessing he could transform into something similar to what Bettis was once Fast Willie Parker took his job, but not nearly as effective of a hammer.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, what??

Saints agreed to terms with QB Derek Carr, formerly of the Raiders, on a four-year contract.​

Carr is reuniting with Dennis Allen as the Saints lock in their starting quarterback for 2023. Carr has seen his early best ball ADP settle in the double-digit rounds. He may not see much of a boost while joining what has been a very run-heavy team, but he will be very helpful for the Saints' weapons. Carr's signing is a huge boost for second-year WR Chris Olave, who impressed with his ability to consistently draw deep targets as a rookie. Carr should have more freedom to challenge deep than Jameis Winston did, and he has far more deep ball ability than Andy Dalton. The move could also make Michael Thomas more likely to stay in New Orleans, although that situation continues to be murky. Alvin Kamara could be facing a long suspension, but when on the field, his outlook is much stronger with Carr under center. Carr is likely to throw underneath, but should also operate a more potent offensive attack than Dalton did.
well that's cool for any Olave owners, and maybe even those who have a long shot bid out for Shaheed. As much as I dislike Carr, he's a massive upgrade on Red Rocket or Winston.
Lord only knows what Michael Thomas will do/can do.

I'm still wondering how they'll fit it in the cap, and even more so, what are the plans for a RB cuz Kamara will be hosed. But it's a step int eh right direction for them. A ssad as it is, as soon as that signing becomes official, the Saints have the best QB in the division the way things sit now.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rams have given WR Allen Robinson permission to seek a trade.​

Well, there's the shocker of the day.

Fell free to roll your eyes out of your head.

What could they possibly expect to get in return? a 7th? MAYBE?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that's cool for any Olave owners, and maybe even those who have a long shot bid out for Shaheed. As much as I dislike Carr, he's a massive upgrade on Red Rocket or Winston.
Lord only knows what Michael Thomas will do/can do.

I'm still wondering how they'll fit it in the cap, and even more so, what are the plans for a RB cuz Kamara will be hosed. But it's a step int eh right direction for them. A ssad as it is, as soon as that signing becomes official, the Saints have the best QB in the division the way things sit now.
Throw Juwan Johnson into that mix as well. Matter of fact, he may just end up benefiting the most.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw Juwan Johnson into that mix as well. Matter of fact, he may just end up benefiting the most.
very true..I forgot about that dude. But yes, converted WR playing TE..I seem to recall Carr having some success with a guy like that..

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In surprising news. Large overpowering RB used up after 4 or 5 years.
but is he used up? he'll be 29 until roughly the SuperBowl of next year's season, just finished off a 1500 yard campaign, and for his first two years, he was only the lesser half of a committee with Murray.
I'd say he's got 1, maybe 2 years, of still be at or near the 'King Henry" level.

I don't put a ton of value into him in say a dynasty setting, but a one-two year rental on a team with Super Bowl aspirations? I think he could easily turn a run of the mill playoff contender into a certifiable super bowl threat.

IMHO, there's not a team in the league where he wouldn't represent a Short term upgrade to at Rb, with the exception of the Niners with CMAC, and maybe wherever Barkley lands

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One day, an enterprising owner will devise a stadium that tilts downhill. :) :) :)
Nebraska actually got in trouble for that back in the old turf days. Obviously it didn't go down hill north to south, but the crown of the field had such a slope down towards the sidelines, that it created a little more speed on options plays that the NCAA had to come in and make them change it.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ProFootballTalk reports that the Titans are shopping RB Derrick Henry.​

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
It really does look like the Titans are tanking for a QB next season. I really hope that isnt the case considering the QBs.

That said, what exactly is his value at this point? And does he have more value in the NFC?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really does look like the Titans are tanking for a QB next season. I really hope that isnt the case considering the QBs.

That said, what exactly is his value at this point? And does he have more value in the NFC?
I dunno..I think he'd fit in well in lots of places.

if the eagles don't want Sanders back, that'd be a great spot. Rumors swirl around the BIlls 'needing' a RB every offseason, he'd take a lot of of Allen's plate there. Phins need a RB and Tyreek would be a serious bitch if a safety had to concern himself with Derrick Henry. If Dallas lets Pollard/Zeke walk, that's a perfect fit. If the Bengals cut Mixon, he'd be great there (dear Lord, Chase and Higgins downfield vs an 8 man box?). Same in Minnesota if they cut Cooks. Gmen if they don't resign Barkley.

I think your Chiefs would be a great place for him..why not? how great would it be to not have to depend on Mahommes making some insane play to keep drives going because they don't have a consistent run game and rarely play ahead of the sticks?