• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that Pacheco and the Chiefs oline put on a clinic in the SB. Pacheco is definitely their guy. Thought the SB was his best game yet in terms of vision, patience, etc.
interesting..I saw more of the same that I saw in the AFC title game..lots of yards left on the field that could've been had. Not say that he didn't look really good on some runs, cuz he certainly did, but lots of room for improvement.

It'll be interesting to see what they do or don't do. But with only Toney, MVS (wouldn't be surprised to see him cut post June 1), Moore and Ross under contract at WR at the moment, I would imagine WR is a much higher priority to address this offseason than RB would be, IF they wanted to address it at all.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting..I saw more of the same that I saw in the AFC title game..lots of yards left on the field that could've been had. Not say that he didn't look really good on some runs, cuz he certainly did, but lots of room for improvement.

It'll be interesting to see what they do or don't do. But with only Toney, MVS (wouldn't be surprised to see him cut post June 1), Moore and Ross under contract at WR at the moment, I would imagine WR is a much higher priority to address this offseason than RB would be, IF they wanted to address it at all.
I know he had a really bad slip but everyone was slipping. I also know he had one moment he couldve broken away but didn't. I still think he showed enough to say that the Chiefs probably aren't going to easily find an improvement there.

I'd imagine the Chiefs will have some major scramble to deal with LT when they balk at Orlando Brown Jr wanting to be the highest paid OT. WR, OT, Edge, DT. Maybe S. No time to deal with RB, tbh

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he had a really bad slip but everyone was slipping. I also know he had one moment he couldve broken away but didn't. I still think he showed enough to say that the Chiefs probably aren't going to easily find an improvement there.

I'd imagine the Chiefs will have some major scramble to deal with LT when they balk at Orlando Brown Jr wanting to be the highest paid OT. WR, OT, Edge, DT. Maybe S. No time to deal with RB, tbh
Well I think they've already proved that they can win with just a guy at running back. Pacheco, Jerick McKinnon, and Damien Williams are all just okay but nothing special. Of course it doesn't matter if you have Patrick Mahomes though.. I'm way more curious what the team will look like when Kelce retires in a few years.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think they've already proved that they can win with just a guy at running back. Pacheco, Jerick McKinnon, and Damien Williams are all just okay but nothing special. Of course it doesn't matter if you have Patrick Mahomes though.. I'm way more curious what the team will look like when Kelce retires in a few years.
A unicorn under center certainly changes the rules. When you have that, you don't need the same things everyone else needs.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A unicorn under center certainly changes the rules. When you have that, you don't need the same things everyone else needs.
Some of this comes down to who actually wants to try and be a great player. Toney has the talent but does he have the heart? Can he stay healthy? Skyy Moore fits the KC offense like a glove but he could also end up fizzling like Mecole Hardman.

The reality is that they wont be able to replace Kelce. Hopefully at some point the Chiefs wont have a bottom 10 defense that Mahomes has to carry every game so that might end up as a push.

If the Chiefs did draft Kelce's replacement, it would likely be after next year and then have Kelce 'groom' his replacement for a year. On the Kelce podcast Travis mentioned Anthony Fasano showing him the ropes for a year.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ounty grand jury has indicted Alvin Kamara and three accomplices on conspiracy to commit battery and battery resulting in substantial bodily harm.​

While Kamara's court dates were able to be moved around this past season while it was in civil court, the criminal case classification means a court date will be set for March 2. It's been likely for some time that Kamara will see some NFL punishment for his actions in this case, regardless of the outcome of the case itself. His fantasy value in 2023 will remain dependent on the outcome of the case and the potential NFL punishment, something which the NFL often lets linger until deep in the offseason. It's possible we won't have a great read on what will happen to Kamara by the time training camps start.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacheco is 22 going on 23 years old.

You never know, but I think his chances of improving his game are pretty good.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well an 11 million dollar salary is certainly more in line with his value to the offense, but the dude is still getting 19.52million. Craziness, especially with AJ DIllon around on his rookie deal.
I get the feeling they’re accepting that their strength is in their RBs… I think they’re ready for Love.

(Yes, everyone, that’s your set-up…)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the feeling they’re accepting that their strength is in their RBs… I think they’re ready for Love.

(Yes, everyone, that’s your set-up…)
well I certainly hope so, cuz I would absolute love to see what AJ DIllon, who is the very definition of "built like a brick shithouse", could do with 20+ carries a game. Let Jones catch 10 balls and have 5-10 carries too, but feed that beast, I think most would be pleased with the results

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that does is lock up the fact that Dillon's going to stay on the Tony Pollard path and have to become a free agent before he gets his chance to be the guy. Just sucks since the lifespan of a running back is so short that he has to waste 4 or 5 of them as a backup or at best a 1B option.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go Long's Bob McGinn believes the Packers are "done with" Aaron Rodgers and Jordan Love will be the team's starter in 2023.​

McGinn is a long-time Packers beat and noted he has a source with first-hand knowledge of the situation. He added the team is "disgusted" with Rodgers and that they feel as though the four-time MVP didn't put in enough effort leading into the 2022 season

As with all whispers about Rodgers, I'll believe it when I see it, but if there's truth to this one (and honestly there should be the way Rodgers played last season and has dicked with with them for the past three years), that's a pretty serious tidbit.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go Long's Bob McGinn believes the Packers are "done with" Aaron Rodgers and Jordan Love will be the team's starter in 2023.​

McGinn is a long-time Packers beat and noted he has a source with first-hand knowledge of the situation. He added the team is "disgusted" with Rodgers and that they feel as though the four-time MVP didn't put in enough effort leading into the 2022 season

As with all whispers about Rodgers, I'll believe it when I see it, but if there's truth to this one (and honestly there should be the way Rodgers played last season and has dicked with with them for the past three years), that's a pretty serious tidbit.
27th in QBR last year.

$100 million dead cap this year.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Packers are "done with" Aaron Rodgers
:yes:

For the record, its not just my Packers hatred... maybe i am too old school for "today's" NFL, but these guys are already making a king's ransom... then they show their thankfulness of such a deal by holding a team hostage in cap space, and the threat of retirement each offseason, or demanding to go to a playoff contender...

They may "say" all the right cliches when asked, but their actions tell a whole nother story...

What was that line from Remember the Titans...?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yes:

For the record, its not just my Packers hatred... maybe i am too old school for "today's" NFL, but these guys are already making a king's ransom... then they show their thankfulness of such a deal by holding a team hostage in cap space, and the threat of retirement each offseason, or demanding to go to a playoff contender...

They may "say" all the right cliches when asked, but their actions tell a whole nother story...

What was that line from Remember the Titans...?

Great friggin flick..."attitude reflects leadership...captain"

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor that the Vikes drop Cook.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor that the Vikes drop Cook.
Similar one about Mixon.

could be more teams than anticipated looking for real RB's in the draft, and way more than expected in the FA market vying for a very limited amount of openings on teams that would be willing to spend on a veteran.