• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The RB market is totally flooded right now. CEH is the Chiefs 4th string RB. Draft probably adding 10 or so and the FA market seems potentially strong.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The RB market is totally flooded right now. CEH is the Chiefs 4th string RB. Draft probably adding 10 or so and the FA market seems potentially strong.
yep, no excuses for teams settling for overpaying scat backs like Chase Edmonds this year. No reason to not go get a real RB, and with supply being that high, prices should not be a huge issue.

Jacobs fer sure. on the market
Barkley highly possible, especially if they tag Danny Dimes
Hunt
R. Penny
D. Foreman
M. Sanders possibly
Montgomery
Singletary
Dam. Harris
Pollard

plus all the Jam. Williams/Mostert/R. Jones/Drake/Mack/Lat. Murray types

and the rumored cuts of Cook, and/or Mixon

Even without the guys that are being whispered about, that's a ton of proven guys who can all get the job done

I have my doubts as to how many true contributors there are in this years draft. The more i dig into it, the less impressed I become by all of them, including the top dawgs

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, no excuses for teams settling for overpaying scat backs like Chase Edmonds this year. No reason to not go get a real RB, and with supply being that high, prices should not be a huge issue.

Jacobs fer sure. on the market
Barkley highly possible, especially if they tag Danny Dimes
Hunt
R. Penny
D. Foreman
M. Sanders possibly
Montgomery
Singletary
Dam. Harris
Pollard

plus all the Jam. Williams/Mostert/R. Jones/Drake/Mack/Lat. Murray types

and the rumored cuts of Cook, and/or Mixon

Even without the guys that are being whispered about, that's a ton of proven guys who can all get the job done

I have my doubts as to how many true contributors there are in this years draft. The more i dig into it, the less impressed I become by all of them, including the top dawgs
can likely add Fournette's name to that list of available guys too.

It'll be a fun circus to watch and see how the teams these guys used to be on, fill the vacancies. Some already have replacements in place, obviously the Browns have Chubb, Patriots have Stevenson, Seahawks have Walker..Dallas, theoretically, has Zeke, but that dude is spent. And all would need at least a body to replace on the depth chart of course. But none of the other teams have a real viable replacement on the roster and all would join Miami and Carolina, maybe Atlanta, as primo landings spots (opportunity wise) for those top rookies, or someone else's castoff.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mattison too, right?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can likely add Fournette's name to that list of available guys too.

It'll be a fun circus to watch and see how the teams these guys used to be on, fill the vacancies. Some already have replacements in place, obviously the Browns have Chubb, Patriots have Stevenson, Seahawks have Walker..Dallas, theoretically, has Zeke, but that dude is spent. And all would need at least a body to replace on the depth chart of course. But none of the other teams have a real viable replacement on the roster and all would join Miami and Carolina, maybe Atlanta, as primo landings spots (opportunity wise) for those top rookies, or someone else's castoff.
I think Chicago and Atlanta already have their replacement lead backs for 2023.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chicago and Atlanta already have their replacement lead backs for 2023.

Herbert and Allgeier? meh, I guess maybe. They ain't terrible, they ain't great either
That has been floating around locally for a while that the Bears org might stick with Herbert. Hard to say if its true but the needle keeps creeping that way.

Treff, saw that Las Vegas odds have the Raiders 3rd in trading up with the Bears for the #1 pick.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That has been floating around locally for a while that the Bears org might stick with Herbert. Hard to say if its true but the needle keeps creeping that way.

Treff, saw that Las Vegas odds have the Raiders 3rd in trading up with the Bears for the #1 pick.
ughhh..why?!?!? I mean Josh McDaniels thought he could turn Tim Tebow into an adequate NFL starter when he drafted him in Denver, why would he need the #1 pick, when they can likely get the 3rd best QB in the draft at #7? Obviously, if he has faith in getting Tebow to work, surely he can do wonders with any one of Young, Levis, or Stroud, right?

they make that kind of move and all I can think of is Jamarcus Russel

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recipe for disaster?

Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy said, "I just want to run the damn ball" when describing the differences between himself and former offensive coordinator Kellen Moore.​

If you thought that quote was bad, it only gets worse upon further inspection. McCarthy added, "I don't desire to be the No. 1 offense in the league. I want to be the No. 1 team in the league." He also noted that Moore wanted to light up the scoreboard, and that was seemingly said as a knock on his philosophy. McCarthy described the run game as a means of resting his defense. The talk of his bygone style of football lines up with Cowboys owner Jerry Jones previously saying McCarthy will be bringing a version of the scheme McCarthy ran in Green Bay to Dallas. This type of backsliding from the Cowboys' offense was all but inevitable after they swapped out Moore for Brian Schottenheimer this offseason. The former Seahawks offensive coordinator was famous for his dogmatic commitment to the ground game while in Seattle. He is now serving as the Cowboys' offensive coordinator following Moore's dismissal.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would he need the #1 pick, when they can likely get the 3rd best QB in the draft at #7?
If all the scenarios being discussed in Chicago come to fruition, the 3rd best QB wont make it to pick #7.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If all the scenarios being discussed in Chicago come to fruition, the 3rd best QB wont make it to pick #7.
Even better imho. :) resist the temptation, take defense/oline, play Stidham, (or random 2nd tier FA QB X) and draft even higher in '24. Maybe '25 will be a year they can compete with LAC for 2nd place in the division.
I'm under no delusion of my Raiders being worth a squirter of warm pee for at least the next two years, barring some unforeseen miracle

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even better imho. :) resist the temptation, take defense/oline, play Stidham, (or random 2nd tier FA QB X) and draft even higher in '24. Maybe '25 will be a year they can compete with LAC for 2nd place in the division.
I'm under no delusion of my Raiders being worth a squirter of warm pee for at least the next two years, barring some unforeseen miracle
It's much more entertaining if you read this post as if it's coming directly from your Avatar's mouth.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kamara pleads not guilty.

Ok, first off, I get it..from a legal standpoint, deny deny deny and make the judge/jury decide. Granted, fine, I get it.

But come the F on dude....there's video showing you beating and kicking this dude, zero footage suggesting some sort of mutual fight where you could claim self defense or some such shit..cop a plea, and get it over with. There's zero deniability here that you are completely blameless and did nothing wrong. At this point, I hope the judge dishes out the maximum sentence on all charges

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kamara pleading not guilty is simply part of the judicial procedure. The 5 cops in Memphis did the same thing.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kamara pleading not guilty is simply part of the judicial procedure. The 5 cops in Memphis did the same thing.
Yeah I think that's all smoke and mirrors. I think there's not much chance this things sees trial. My guess is that he ends up pleading down to the misdemeanor unless he has some kind of criminal history we aren't aware of.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh..at 10 mill..the franchise number for a RB ain't too terrible, but it obviously means he's looking for significantly more than that, which is too bad. But its still a smart move by the Raiders, they wouldn't have won very many games at all last year without him, and the chances of replacing him and his production in the draft are slim to none, cuz they wouldn't do it at #7, and the only guys that could realistically replace him, will be gone by their next pick.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh..at 10 mill..the franchise number for a RB ain't too terrible, but it obviously means he's looking for significantly more than that, which is too bad. But its still a smart move by the Raiders, they wouldn't have won very many games at all last year without him, and the chances of replacing him and his production in the draft are slim to none, cuz they wouldn't do it at #7, and the only guys that could realistically replace him, will be gone by their next pick.
And it would have been $8,000,000 if they picked up his 5th year option. Be interesting to see if he throws a fit over being tagged. Honestly in my opinion if a team denies your 5th year option then I don't think they should be allowed to tag you, but they don't ask me these questions.