• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anybody who signs Carr, Geno or Tannehill will be appreciably better than they were last year.

Except the Jets.

Zach Wilson will be the 2nd coming of Joe Namath for the Jets eventually.

It is just going to take a lot of work and patience.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anybody who signs Carr, Geno or Tannehill will be appreciably better than they were last year.

Except the Jets.
I think Carr would be a success in Tenn. At least for a year, maybe two. Once King Henry is forced to abdicate his throne by father time, he'd be the same problem as he was in LV/OAK. His brand of efficiency could be lethal when 9-10 dudes on defense are focused on a RB. Probably could make a realistic run-if Henry holds up.

Jets would be playoff contenders most likely.

Aints and Panthers though?? Maybe he adds 2-4 wins, but even though that puts either of them as potential/probable division winners. they aren't going anywhere.

I think that rotoworld blurb fails to touch on other realistic possibilities-

Patriots would be much better with him, I can't imagine the Hoodie is going to stand for another year of missing the playoffs. And not that it would benefit them that much, but Squishy Mac would greatly benefit from a like minded QB showing him how to be an NFL QB. Carr could't show him how to be a winner, but maybe the other stuff and help

Colts and J. Taylor would be greatly improved. I don't care that anyone has come out and said they won't be in the market for another veteran, when the chips are done and you can fill that void at QB with a FA opening up that #4 overall pick for anything else you need, keeping that Super Bowl window you THOUGHT you had when you signed Matt Ryan open, temptation might just win out.

The Commanders would be serious threats to compete for the NFC East. I don't know that I would necessarily pick them to win, but they wouldn't be everyone's automatic last place finish prediction. They've got some serious talent in DC, just no QB.

Buccaneers would be great, if they find a strong running back compliment

(Side note- how is it the entire NFC south has no NFL caliber QB's going into '23 offseason? As things stand today, the best QB in the division is a toss up between Dalton, Winston, Sam Darnold, and Ridder)

Honestly, if Carr goes to any NFC South team, he's the best QB in the division by default, and that team is probably the consensus pick to win the division-that does not mean they go anywhere or should be expected to go anywhere in the playoffs.

Carr is such an enigma- He has all the physical tools, he's super accurate, has more than a plus arm, generally makes great decisions with the ball, but the dude just never makes the plays when it matters, and more often than not, the few mistakes he does make, are those moments where it matters the most. I dunno if he lacks that killer instinct, that aggressiveness that you need to put your foot down on your opponents throat, or what it is. I mean he's every bit what Tom Brady is physically, and yet he's not even a shadow of the QB Tom Brady is/was.
I've never understood why he's not a great NFL QB, because on paper, with his physical tools, he should be, he's just not. Maybe getting benched, getting cut, lights some inner fire and he finds that missing piece and surprises everyone, the tools are there.

As for Geno, he needs to re-sign in Seattle, whatever Pete Carrol and CO. did there with him, is something no one else has figured out his entire career, just stay put.
Trannyhill needs to just accept the reality that the next chapter of his career is holding a clipboard and being a mentor..bridge QB at best for some young buck

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots would be much better with him, I can't imagine the Hoodie is going to stand for another year of missing the playoffs. And not that it would benefit them that much, but Squishy Mac would greatly benefit from a like minded QB showing him how to be an NFL QB. Carr could't show him how to be a winner, but maybe the other stuff and help
I dont know what kind of relationship Hoodie has with McDaniels? But does Hoodie have the huberous to sign Carr, just to see if he could be better for him than he was for McD?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Except the Jets.
I agree with something Treff said a couple posts back... Raiders are loaded with talent on offense. Paraphrasing Treff, i think this is the best Carr can be. I dont see Carr going anywhere else and being a star.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know what kind of relationship Hoodie has with McDaniels? But does Hoodie have the huberous to sign Carr, just to see if he could be better for him than he was for McD?
I think if you look up Hubris in the dictionary, there's either a picture of the hoodie, or at least a 'see also' notation

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope BB doesnt sign Carr he is not the answer plus the money involved to get him:suds:

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Raiders released Derek Carr.​

ESPN's Adam Schefter notes that Carr is expected to draw interest from the Saints and Panthers. We've also seen the Jets and Titans linked to him in recent days. Carr will get a head start on free agency and can sign whenever he wants now that he's been released. His new deal won't carry draft pick compensation for the Raiders. We'd expect to see some visits lined up in the next few days. The Saints already visited with him in an attempt to get him to waive his no-trade clause to join the team last week.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Raiders released Derek Carr.​

ESPN's Adam Schefter notes that Carr is expected to draw interest from the Saints and Panthers. We've also seen the Jets and Titans linked to him in recent days. Carr will get a head start on free agency and can sign whenever he wants now that he's been released. His new deal won't carry draft pick compensation for the Raiders. We'd expect to see some visits lined up in the next few days. The Saints already visited with him in an attempt to get him to waive his no-trade clause to join the team last week.
Let the middling QB sweepstakes commence

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does Double A Ron go join Adams in Vegas
After the crap he's pulled the past few years, I'm not placing a bet an him in anyways shape or form. But if I were, I'd put half on GB, half on LV.

Silver lining, it might just finally bankrupt the Davis family, force them to sell, and maybe we'll finally be out of the dark ages

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you're saying Dolphins.

That would be a good fit.
Yet, would be ASSININE for the Fins to spend what Jacobs would demand. So why would they suddenly do it now? Plenty of quality rookie RBs in this draft that work for them. Shit, they may think they can roll with the Wilson/Mostert combo for another year on the cheap, but would like to see them draft a Charbonnet, perhaps?

Jacobs? Why? Do we STILL not understand the RB market?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet, would be ASSININE for the Fins to spend what Jacobs would demand. So why would they suddenly do it now? Plenty of quality rookie RBs in this draft that work for them. Shit, they may think they can roll with the Wilson/Mostert combo for another year on the cheap, but would like to see them draft a Charbonnet, perhaps?

Jacobs? Why? Do we STILL not understand the RB market?
I dunno about 'plenty of quality rookie RB's'..there are 2 that seem to be the surefire, NFL caliber, 'real' RB. Beyond that is a bunch of maybes..at least for now. And anyone could be that next Pacheco, could luck on identifying him as your plan going into '23 though.

'Phins have the need, and he's the best guy available, that's the only reason as to why it's a good fit.beyond that, I sure don't see it happening. I don't think it's in the cards for this current version of the Dolphins franchise to invest in the RB position, much at all. And if they do, it'll be Mostert/Wilson/Edmonds type investments

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno about 'plenty of quality rookie RB's'..there are 2 that seem to be the surefire, NFL caliber, 'real' RB. Beyond that is a bunch of maybes..at least for now. And anyone could be that next Pacheco, could luck on identifying him as your plan going into '23 though.
I'm not sure I agree with the consensus that Bijan is a sure thing that's way better than the other RB prospects. He made a living making yards after contact against Big 12 defenses and he isn't a bruiser back. Or a speed back.

I think someone will pay Jacobs

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I agree with the consensus that Bijan is a sure thing that's way better than the other RB prospects. He made a living making yards after contact against Big 12 defenses and he isn't a bruiser back. Or a speed back.

I think someone will pay Jacobs
Agreed someone will, and likely too much.

And the rooks, yeah I dunno how great Bijan is or isn't or would/could be..he could be the RB version of Jerry Juedy for all I know. But as far as a team's plan going into 2023 being to draft and probably start a RB..there's a very limited amount of prospects that project to be a guy to fit that plan. Plenty of guys that can contribute, be solid role players, and sure, a few of them likely surprise and might end up being more.
Definitely not trying to say much about any individual prospect being a lock, just that there are few who appear to have that sort of makeup, at least for now.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the QB discussion (and seperate coaching thread discussion), i think Trubisky/Nagy is a good example.

Top prospect. Trubs fails in Chitown. Then it looks as tho Nagy is the problem. So Steelers (who have had much more success at developing players) give Mitch a shot.

I am sure that goes on for a lot of teams. The ole "is it the coach or the player" roulette wheel?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the QB discussion (and seperate coaching thread discussion), i think Trubisky/Nagy is a good example.

Top prospect. Trubs fails in Chitown. Then it looks as tho Nagy is the problem. So Steelers (who have had much more success at developing players) give Mitch a shot.

I am sure that goes on for a lot of teams. The ole "is it the coach or the player" roulette wheel?
There was also a line of thought that Nagy "ruined" Trubisky and he was never able to recover, so there's that.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed someone will, and likely too much.

And the rooks, yeah I dunno how great Bijan is or isn't or would/could be..he could be the RB version of Jerry Juedy for all I know. But as far as a team's plan going into 2023 being to draft and probably start a RB..there's a very limited amount of prospects that project to be a guy to fit that plan. Plenty of guys that can contribute, be solid role players, and sure, a few of them likely surprise and might end up being more.
Definitely not trying to say much about any individual prospect being a lock, just that there are few who appear to have that sort of makeup, at least for now.
Imo, the upcoming RB draft is like 6-8 Tony Pollard types and 2-3 Zekes (as a ceiling). If you're drafting Robinson or Charbonet then Id imagine they'll be your starter day 1. Bijan's style is cutting, though, and not winning over with some major attribute. Like a Priest Holmes type. You want a great oline for that type to shine. Where he lands is still going to matter a lot.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was also a line of thought that Nagy "ruined" Trubisky and he was never able to recover, so there's that.
Was i the one who said that? Sounds like something i'd say.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that Pacheco and the Chiefs oline put on a clinic in the SB. Pacheco is definitely their guy. Thought the SB was his best game yet in terms of vision, patience, etc.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that Pacheco and the Chiefs oline put on a clinic in the SB. Pacheco is definitely their guy. Thought the SB was his best game yet in terms of vision, patience, etc.
Had to laugh... there were a few times Pacheco looked like a wind-up toy... he was tackled, on the ground, and his legs were still going.