• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.1 well Chicago would either need to trade the pick, or trade Fields for one to go #1. Which, yeah, very likely, and they should, but ya gotta find the right dance partner
1.2 Houston is a given to take one
1.3 Cardinals probably wont, but could trade it to someone who will, I don't buy that they're over Kyler just yet.
1.4 Colts definitely should
1.5 Seattle, maybe, probably should but would they?
1.6 Detroit, again, probably should, but will they? Both them and Seattle showed that the guys they have, with relatively low contracts, can play winning football for them if they get some help on D
Then its the Raiders at 7, who definitely should.

As is, it'd be hard to see 4 go before 7, let alone 4 in the top 5, imho, but any one singular trade in the top 6 could blow that idea up. Just depends on what the Bears and/or Cardinals do on the trade front and if the Seahawks/Lions pull the trigger. No trades at all, it's a virtual lock that 2 go, Houston and Indy

Side note..man that RW trade is looking SOOO good for Seattle right now, regardless of Sean Peyton resurrecting RW or not.

man I love this time of year as the draft inches closer
For me, the most likely scenario where I get proven wrong is:

Seattle trades up to #1. Why? In order to justify moving on from Geno, they have to take the best guy who can compete day 1. Seattle is also used to mobile, undersized QBs. Seattle will still be able to build a defense without their first round picks.

Houston takes one at 2.

Arizona takes Will Anderson

Indy takes one at 4.

Chicago takes a pass rusher.

Last QB goes at 6. Detroit trades down if they dont want that QB because ATL and CAR will compete for one.

So thats 4 in the top 6 if Seattle trades up. If Carolina trades up, its 4 out of 5 Id imagine

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seattle trades up to #1. Why? In order to justify moving on from Geno, they have to take the best guy who can compete day 1. Seattle is also used to mobile, undersized QBs. Seattle will still be able to build a defense without their first round picks.

Houston takes one at 2.

Indy takes one at 4.

Last QB goes at 6. Detroit trades down if they dont want that QB because ATL and CAR will compete for one.

So thats 4 in the top 6 if Seattle trades up. If Carolina trades up, its 4 out of 5 Id imagine
could very well be exactly what happens!

I mean if Chicago can trade down, grab more picks and still very likely get the same damned dude they would take at #1 to begin with, how could you say no?

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Houston takes one at 2.

Indy takes one at 4.

We'll know the answer to Seattle before the draft. If they re-sign Geno then they aren't drafting one that early. Nobody is stupid enough to draft a quarterback in the first round and then just have him sit on the bench for four years, except the Packers that is :)

And I really think somebody is going to reach way too high for Anthony Richardson. He's a freak athlete and I've seen that teams have him graded anywhere from the best quarterback in the draft to a 3rd round grade. The biggest problem for him is that he's just very good at playing quarterback and eventually that fact should outweigh whatever athleticisms he has. Terrible accuracy and terrible decision making does not make a great quarterback in the NFL.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll know the answer to Seattle before the draft. If they re-sign Geno then they aren't drafting one that early. Nobody is stupid enough to draft a quarterback in the first round and then just have him sit on the bench for four years, except the Packers that is :)
'member when that was pretty much the plan, for all teams, league wide. That rookie QB wouldn't start year one unless it was an emergency or it was just way too obvious that the guy had to be playing. When rooks did play, no one said boo about them throwing 17 picks to 10 TD's, cuz 'that's why you don't play rookies, it ain't their fault'. Then Big Ben won the Super Bowl as a rook, and expectations changed

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.1 well Chicago would either need to trade the pick, or trade Fields for one to go #1. Which, yeah, very likely, and they should, but ya gotta find the right dance partner
1.3 Cardinals probably wont, but could trade it to someone who will, I don't buy that they're over Kyler just yet.
1.6 Detroit, again, probably should, but will they? Both them and Seattle showed that the guys they have, with relatively low contracts, can play winning football for them if they get some help on D

As is, it'd be hard to see 4 go before 7, let alone 4 in the top 5, imho, but any one singular trade in the top 6 could blow that idea up. Just depends on what the Bears and/or Cardinals do on the trade front and if the Seahawks/Lions pull the trigger. No trades at all, it's a virtual lock that 2 go, Houston and Indy

Side note..man that RW trade is looking SOOO good for Seattle right now, regardless of Sean Peyton resurrecting RW or not.

The way Goff played down the stretch last season and the way the Lions are trending into a really good team, I'd be surprised if they take a QB in the first round. They need a running back to replace that bust and to be ready to take over for Jamaal Williams, who'll be re-signed for at least next season. That other guy? I think he's outta the loop.

But I digress.

Lions ain't takin' a QB in the first round.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Detroit is in the definite no category.

I could see a mid or late rounder used on a guy to develop though. They don’t have a backup.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I really think somebody is going to reach way too high for Anthony Richardson. He's a freak athlete and I've seen that teams have him graded anywhere from the best quarterback in the draft to a 3rd round grade. The biggest problem for him is that he's just very good at playing quarterback and eventually that fact should outweigh whatever athleticisms he has. Terrible accuracy and terrible decision making does not make a great quarterback in the NFL.
Geno is a stop-gap QB. Drafting a franchise QB is more important for the Seahawks, but being in the #5 spot is not ideal as likely the QBs left on the board will need some seasoning. What is the market for a 33-year-old one-year wonder who slumped the last 5 games?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions had the 2nd best offense in the NFC and the 2nd worst defense IIRC. Draft is deep in their areas of need so they in theory could draft Richardson but they could just simply take from the top of each of the respective needs.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions had the 2nd best offense in the NFC and the 2nd worst defense IIRC. Draft is deep in their areas of need so they in theory could draft Richardson but they could just simply take from the top of each of the respective needs.

Yeah, D is a need of theirs, although I think they kept on improving throughout the season.

Possible scenario for the Lions could be going for D early on and signing one of the plethora of RBs out there. I think Swift will still be on the team as well, at least until final cuts/resolutions.

Hey @broncosmitty ! That's right, I'm talkin' 'bout your Lions! Whatcha got to say? ;)

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, preaching to the choir here, but we know how a draft goes... players still on the board will prompt a GM to make a deal he did not necessarily intend to make to move up the board.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, preaching to the choir here, but we know how a draft goes... players still on the board will prompt a GM to make a deal he did not necessarily intend to make to move up the board.
And that's where the fun starts for us fantasy drafters.

Or the agony. ;)

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno is a stop-gap QB. Drafting a franchise QB is more important for the Seahawks, but being in the #5 spot is not ideal as likely the QBs left on the board will need some seasoning. What is the market for a 33-year-old one-year wonder who slumped the last 5 games?
I'm not saying that they should sign Geno, I'm just saying that we'll know what they are going to do long before the draft. If they don't re-sign Geno then they are definitely going to be drafting a quarterback.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying that they should sign Geno, I'm just saying that we'll know what they are going to do long before the draft. If they don't re-sign Geno then they are definitely going to be drafting a quarterback.
Signing Geno at team-friendly cost would not keep them from using that #5 pick on a QB if they like any left on the board.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, D is a need of theirs, although I think they kept on improving throughout the season.

Possible scenario for the Lions could be going for D early on and signing one of the plethora of RBs out there. I think Swift will still be on the team as well, at least until final cuts/resolutions.

Hey @broncosmitty ! That's right, I'm talkin' 'bout your Lions! Whatcha got to say? ;)
I think Swift will continue to be what’s been his first three seasons. He had career highs in Y/C and Y/R last year. And was second on the team in targets. (He was third in 21 and 4th in his rookie year).

Not sure what they’ll do for a “big back”. Jamaal is a FA, but is somewhat the leader on that side of the ball. Don’t feel he would be hard to replace. But also don’t think they put more effort into replacing him than they do getting a team friendly deal.

Scored the second most points in franchise history last season. While trading their young ProBowl TE mid season.

Imo Guard is the only offensive position we could see taken early. But TE, RB, backup QB and possibly receiver could be targets at some point in the draft. Jameson Williams was the 12th pick last year and will have an offseason of workouts and training camp this go round. He was not exactly up to speed when he finally came off IR late in the season. There is room for growth on that side of the ball without making changes. But I do want to see Chark back.

The defense severely lacks talent. It’s awful. An undersized sixth round rookie was the best linebacker. Corner, DT, DE, three LB spots all need to be addressed. And kicker imo.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little nervous of the Jalen Ramsey chatter.

I’m not rooting for the price tag on a guy that isn’t young anymore. Not along with losing multiple picks for him anyway. The defense is more than a guy away from being even average.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signing Geno at team-friendly cost would not keep them from using that #5 pick on a QB if they like any left on the board.
I think you're grossly underestimating what Geno is worth is in this market. "Team-friendly" just isn't going to be an option when Derek Carr is getting 4 years and $150 million.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're grossly underestimating what Geno is worth is in this market. "Team-friendly" just isn't going to be an option when Derek Carr is getting 4 years and $150 million.
Carr been a starter his whole career while Geno is a 33 year old journeyman with a partially successful season last year.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr got less than I thought he would tbh.

Close, but figured > 40.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Swift will continue to be what’s been his first three seasons. He had career highs in Y/C and Y/R last year. And was second on the team in targets. (He was third in 21 and 4th in his rookie year).

Not sure what they’ll do for a “big back”. Jamaal is a FA, but is somewhat the leader on that side of the ball. Don’t feel he would be hard to replace. But also don’t think they put more effort into replacing him than they do getting a team friendly deal.

Scored the second most points in franchise history last season. While trading their young ProBowl TE mid season.

Imo Guard is the only offensive position we could see taken early. But TE, RB, backup QB and possibly receiver could be targets at some point in the draft. Jameson Williams was the 12th pick last year and will have an offseason of workouts and training camp this go round. He was not exactly up to speed when he finally came off IR late in the season. There is room for growth on that side of the ball without making changes. But I do want to see Chark back.

The defense severely lacks talent. It’s awful. An undersized sixth round rookie was the best linebacker. Corner, DT, DE, three LB spots all need to be addressed. And kicker imo.
Your thoughts on Goff?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your thoughts on Goff?
If they can extend him now, to free up space for an impact player on defense, I’d support it.

He annoys me less than Staff ever did. Doesn’t have the arm, but is not of the Brett Favre mold.

When he had options to throw to (when Swift, ARSB, Chark werent hurt and before trading Hock) he excelled. And as the season went on his decision making improved.

He never played with his intended first string line and skill players at the same time. In their first season with Ben Johnson as OC.

You can do better than Goff. But you can do a lot worse a lot easier. I wouldn’t trade him back to the Rams for Stafford straight up at this point.