• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Barilko , did Houston just go for two and lose the first pick?

Did they just go for two twos?

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Barilko , did Houston just go for two and lose the first pick?

Did they just go for two twos?

went for 2 cost the pick and cost me a 700 + pool...
Yeah but you can't fault them for that. Honestly if nothing else it probably saves them some money because the Bears aren't drafting a quarterback at 1, so now they only have to pay the quarterback they draft #2 money instead of #1 money. Unless the Bears trade the pick and this year with this quarterback class, that could certainly happen.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but you can't fault them for that. Honestly if nothing else it probably saves them some money because the Bears aren't drafting a quarterback at 1, so now they only have to pay the quarterback they draft #2 money instead of #1 money. Unless the Bears trade the pick and this year with this quarterback class, that could certainly happen.
The Bears need help everywhere on both sides of the ball.
Would not surprise me if they trade the #1 pick for more picks.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears need help everywhere on both sides of the ball.
Would not surprise me if they trade the #1 pick for more picks.
Well what they should do and what they actually do are probably two different things. I mean it is the Bears after all.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well what they should do and what they actually do are probably two different things. I mean it is the Bears after all.
True. Their track record does not instill confidence.
But the new GM Poles inherited a salary cap nightmare with hardly any draft capital (from Ryan Pace) and made some unpopular but savvy moves.
At least for now, i like what he has been doing to acquire picks and create cap space.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perfect season for the Bears to have the #1 and trade back

have to figure a top 10 or top 12 pick in this year plus a 2024 1st will be the baseline in negotiations, and look at this year's top 13:

Bears - trade down
Texans - need QB
Cards - have QB
Colts - need QB
Seahawks - need QB
Lions - need QB
Raiders - need QB
Falcons - need QB
Panthers - need QB
Eagles - have QB
Titans - need QB
Texans - see above
Jets - need QB

Cards and Eagles are the only teams that don't have a NEED to upgrade their QB or just blatantly need an NFL-level QB cause they don't have one.
Titans aren't likely to trade up from 11, Lions and Seahawks could very well stick with Goff/Geno. That still leaves Texans, Colts, Raiders, Falcons, Panthers, Jets in the mix as potential suitors with a clear need at QB.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

have to figure a top 10 or top 12 pick in this year plus a 2024 1st will be the baseline in negotiations, and look at this year's top 13:

Bears - trade down
Texans - need QB
Cards - have QB
Colts - need QB
Seahawks - need QB
Lions - need QB
Raiders - need QB
Falcons - need QB
Panthers - need QB
Eagles - have QB
Titans - need QB
Texans - see above
Jets - need QB

Cards and Eagles are the only teams that don't have a NEED to upgrade their QB or just blatantly need an NFL-level QB cause they don't have one.
Titans aren't likely to trade up from 11, Lions and Seahawks could very well stick with Goff/Geno. That still leaves Texans, Colts, Raiders, Falcons, Panthers, Jets in the mix as potential suitors with a clear need at QB.

was thinking the same once the texans did their best impression of the jets... the bears are in a perfect situation, and should see a lot of trade offers... But i do expect the trade down wont go too down... I expect the texans or the colts to end up with that 1st pick by the end... even though their jump up is not much...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bears - trade down
Texans - need QB
Cards - have QB
Colts - need QB
Seahawks - need QB
Lions - need QB
Raiders - need QB
Falcons - need QB
Panthers - need QB
Eagles - have QB
Titans - need QB
Texans - see above
Jets - need QB

I'd be a little surprised if the Raiders go with QB in the draft.
First McD has to find a dance partner to deal Carr away, then he's most likely going to go all in on either Brady or JimmyG, and if he craps out there, I wouldn't put it past him to go with Stidham.
I mean If the right guy falls to them, sure maybe. But doubt they'd be looking to trade up

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was thinking the same once the texans did their best impression of the jets... the bears are in a perfect situation, and should see a lot of trade offers... But i do expect the trade down wont go too down... I expect the texans or the colts to end up with that 1st pick by the end... even though their jump up is not much...

Could also see the Texans thinking Stroud or Young, either will do, since they had either #1 or #2 regardless

Colts, Panthers, Raiders are the ones I think go after #1 overall, will clearly "miss out" on the top QBs and have some good pieces to work with on the roster right now

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could also see the Texans thinking Stroud or Young, either will do, since they had either #1 or #2 regardless

Colts, Panthers, Raiders are the ones I think go after #1 overall, will clearly "miss out" on the top QBs and have some good pieces to work with on the roster right now

they could... but that is such a losing strategy... if you dont have a favourite, then you dont think any are worth it...

QB is not a position to settle on...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be a little surprised if the Raiders go with QB in the draft.
First McD has to find a dance partner to deal Carr away, then he's most likely going to go all in on either Brady or JimmyG, and if he craps out there, I wouldn't put it past him to go with Stidham.
I mean If the right guy falls to them, sure maybe. But doubt they'd be looking to trade up

Do they have to trade Carr or can they just cut him and take the $5.6mil dead cap hit?
I would bet they cut him vs being on the hook to pay him over $40mil if they can't find a trade partner

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they have to trade Carr or can they just cut him and take the $5.6mil dead cap hit?
I would bet they cut him vs being on the hook to pay him over $40mil if they can't find a trade partner

i am hoping the Jets get Carr... he is my hope during the off-season... I will be very upset if the jets draft a QB in the first 3 rounds....

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little hazy on the details and in's and out's of it, but it would seem they could do either/or, but they'd have to have it done by 3 days after the Super Bowl, obviously I'd prefer the trade route, as at least they'd get something out of the deal, and it's not like this is Sam Darnold or Baker Mayfield we're talking about, Derek Carr is still better than what at least 10 teams currently have, so there is value there to be had, if someone is willing to take on that contract. Now what that compensation should be is up for debate, especially in light of have a significant contract attached to him, but it would be preferable. Otherwise, yes they can certainly cut him and take the hit, contract was structured with an 'easy' out after this season.
Personally I think he'd be a nice fit in Indy or maybe TENN. Give Carr a team with a strong run game, and a better than average Defense, he can get you to the playoffs. And if that D and run game is strong enough, he might even be good enough to go all the way, he's just not gonna do it if he's the one who has to make the plays to get you there.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little hazy on the details and in's and out's of it, but it would seem they could do either/or, but they'd have to have it done by 3 days after the Super Bowl, obviously I'd prefer the trade route, as at least they'd get something out of the deal, and it's not like this is Sam Darnold or Baker Mayfield we're talking about, Derek Carr is still better than what at least 10 teams currently have, so there is value there to be had, if someone is willing to take on that contract. Now what that compensation should be is up for debate, especially in light of have a significant contract attached to him, but it would be preferable. Otherwise, yes they can certainly cut him and take the hit, contract was structured with an 'easy' out after this season.
Personally I think he'd be a nice fit in Indy or maybe TENN. Give Carr a team with a strong run game, and a better than average Defense, he can get you to the playoffs. And if that D and run game is strong enough, he might even be good enough to go all the way, he's just not gonna do it if he's the one who has to make the plays to get you there.
They're not going to be able to trade him without eating part of his contract, I don't think.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're not going to be able to trade him without eating part of his contract, I don't think.
It does make for a difficult trade, but, he's only #7 on the highest paid list, and only 500k away from being #10, and certainly playing better than at least 3 names getting paid more. That's just what you pay a QB today. Burrows and Herbert, plus a couple others, will surely push him even further down real soon (assuming he's not cut and the contract still exists to begin with)

If teams like Indy would make that kind of investment instead of guys at their end like Rivers or Ryan, maybe they'd fair better

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does make for a difficult trade, but, he's only #7 on the highest paid list, and only 500k away from being #10, and certainly playing better than at least 3 names getting paid more. That's just what you pay a QB today. Burrows and Herbert, plus a couple others, will surely push him even further down real soon (assuming he's not cut and the contract still exists to begin with)

If teams like Indy would make that kind of investment instead of guys at their end like Rivers or Ryan, maybe they'd fair better
I think Indy's blowing it up and starting over.

IMO fits might be Tennessee, Atlanta, Saints, Washington, NYG, Jets... Pats? He's the kind of guy a 7-or-8-win team without a settled QB goes and gets.

Not sure any of them would pony up $33MM though, never mind whatever they'd have to send as players/picks. But there'll be interest when he hits the market.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see what teams do this year in free agency as far as quarterbacks go because unlike last year, this year is projected to have another 4 or 5 quarterbacks go in the first round so are teams going to try and get a guy that's more expensive as a free agent but a known commodity or just wait and see if they can draft one

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see what teams do this year in free agency as far as quarterbacks go because unlike last year, this year is projected to have another 4 or 5 quarterbacks go in the first round so are teams going to try and get a guy that's more expensive as a free agent but a known commodity or just wait and see if they can draft one
Yes a lot to choose from for a team looking for a QB, the FA list at QB:

1673360811349.png

Like you said 4-5 QBs in the draft also.