• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My view is that with the Jets defense, a solid QB could boost that team. (I liken their situation similar to the Eagles after Chip Kelly got the ax.)

Same for the Commanders. Rivera gets the most out if those guys. A solid QB can bring some consistency there.

I think the Falcons got lucky. I dont see them repeating what they did on offense.

That Arthur Smith just may know a thing or two about running the football, you sure they can't repeat that boring offense that didn't even attempt 15 passes in several games with Mariota under center?

I think they can. Allgeier surprised me, kid is hard to tackle

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes a lot to choose from for a team looking for a QB, the FA list at QB:

View attachment 318638

Like you said 4-5 QBs in the draft also.
Lamar Jackson on that list is crazy.

I'm imagining him in Atlanta. That would vault them up quite a few spots. And I think they have the cap space to do it.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Falcons got lucky. I dont see them repeating what they did on offense.
The crazy thing about the Falcons is that they got lucky both years Arthur Smith has coached. 28th in point differential last year, 20th this year. 7-10 both years. They are probably closer to that 28th spot in terms of roster talent. I think Occam's razor would point to them just getting lucky both year and not that Arthur Smith is a good coach but maybe thats just me. Its kinda rare for teams to get lucky two years in a row but I dont see why thats not the case.

The elephant in the room with a QB wanting to go Atlanta is that Kyle Pitts is more of a decoy than a weapon in their offense. With Mariota they didnt like to throw and when they did they rolled out at a high percentage which puts Pitts in the flats and not going deep. Pitts has to develop within that offense and they need to do that through a vet QB. Mariota wasn't that guy in Tennessee so its not surprising that he washed out again.

Rolling out and throwing deep...oh my god thats Jimmy G's music. Heck, if Brady goes to the Radiers no one else might even be looking at Jimmy G. So Id agree that the Falcons arent as desirable as the Jets or Washington.

I could see the Falcons giving Lamar Jackson the bag if the Ravens let him walk. Just go all-in on their run concepts. They do have more cap space than the Ravens.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The crazy thing about the Falcons is that they got lucky both years Arthur Smith has coached. 28th in point differential last year, 20th this year. 7-10 both years. They are probably closer to that 28th spot in terms of roster talent. I think Occam's razor would point to them just getting lucky both year and not that Arthur Smith is a good coach but maybe thats just me. Its kinda rare for teams to get lucky two years in a row but I dont see why thats not the case.

The elephant in the room with a QB wanting to go Atlanta is that Kyle Pitts is more of a decoy than a weapon in their offense. With Mariota they didnt like to throw and when they did they rolled out at a high percentage which puts Pitts in the flats and not going deep. Pitts has to develop within that offense and they need to do that through a vet QB. Mariota wasn't that guy in Tennessee so its not surprising that he washed out again.

Rolling out and throwing deep...oh my god thats Jimmy G's music. Heck, if Brady goes to the Radiers no one else might even be looking at Jimmy G. So Id agree that the Falcons arent as desirable as the Jets or Washington.

I could see the Falcons giving Lamar Jackson the bag if the Ravens let him walk. Just go all-in on their run concepts. They do have more cap space than the Ravens.

Not sure how the point differential stat correlates to the Falcons being lucky.
That's middle of the pack, grouped with the exact teams that I'd expect them to be grouped with - Jets, Commanders, Saints, Browns, Panthers...teams that have some good pieces and even some depth in places but aren't solid up and down their starting roster.

Only 12 teams had a positive point differential this year, 20th is pretty amazing considering the expectations of a rebuilding team with no proven QB, WR, or RB experience outside of Patterson, who took 7 years to breakout. Falcons only lost 2 games all season by more than 1 score.

Daboll is doing it in NYG too - they're 16th in point differential, would be hard to find anyone that says NYG have a top 16 roster in the NFL. Seems like the players are buying into these coaches and playing as a team, and even if they aren't as well-known as others they are still NFL players, and talented enough to create their own "luck".

Tampa Bay being a division winner and 25th in differential (more than 2x the Falcons on the negative side) would be a good way to correlate that stat with a team being lucky. Bit of a stretch to grab a middle of the pack team and say they are lucky for finishing in the middle of the pack.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings are 13-4 with a -3 pt differential, not sure it can get any luckier than that.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well like Bandit mentioned, Lamar isn't going anywhere, whether that's an extension or the franchise tag. I mean, that'd have to be one massive disaster in terms of the relationship between the two for him to be anywhere but Baltimore next year.
And honestly, I can't see any team being sufficiently equipped to run what Lamar needs to run to be successful right away anyways.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys hear about Zach Wilson?

< in Family Feud style > We asked 100 QB this question: If the Jets brought in a veteran QB in the off season, how would you feel about that?

Wilson's answer: "I’m going to make that dude’s life hell in practice every day."

View attachment 318688
Mark Schlereth on the local Denver talk radio said- "oh really, how? by dating his mom?"

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think footballoutsiders says they are the luckiest ever. Or close to it

but that really means nothing... they might be the worst ever 13 win team... but lets not pretend that they dont deserve to be a 9+ win team...

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys may have swayed me on Atlanta. Still hesitant tho.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but that really means nothing... they might be the worst ever 13 win team... but lets not pretend that they dont deserve to be a 9+ win team...
I wouldnt be too shocked if they went on a run like that 9-7 Arizona team that was mostly just Kurt Warner and Larry Fitzgerald. There might be a lot of volatility in the NFC with Eagles players being injured and Dak throwing pick 6s.

Still, almost no one is picking the Vikings to go deep

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt be too shocked if they went on a run like that 9-7 Arizona team that was mostly just Kurt Warner and Larry Fitzgerald. There might be a lot of volatility in the NFC with Eagles players being injured and Dak throwing pick 6s.

Still, almost no one is picking the Vikings to go deep

Nobody is picking them because of the love for the 49ers and eagles.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is picking them because of the love for the 49ers and eagles.
They're only 3 point home favorites against the Giants.

I do think people love the Niners and Eagles (Eagles if healthy would be my pick) but Vikings not getting a lot of respect in general

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're only 3 point home favorites against the Giants.

I do think people love the Niners and Eagles (Eagles if healthy would be my pick) but Vikings not getting a lot of respect in general

people love to exaggerate... thats the problem... anyone who thinks the giants are better than the vikings is either a viking hater, a giants fan or just flat out stupid...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people love to exaggerate... thats the problem... anyone who thinks the giants are better than the vikings is either a viking hater, a giants fan or just flat out stupid...

Outside of Barkley, they play good defense and have a running QB. Could be a winning formula even with a less talented roster

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
surprised the line wasn't closer to Vikes -5.5 or -6.5

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
almost no one is picking the Vikings to go deep
Their 4 losses were not pretty. Wont bet on it but i can see them advancing each round.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Barkley, they play good defense and have a running QB. Could be a winning formula even with a less talented roster

anyone can win on any given sunday(or saturday)... but favourites should not change... My only point, is that the vikings are getting this weird hate because they are the worst 13 win team of all time... but it ignores the fact they happen to be a very good team...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I'd ever say the Gmen are better than the Vikes, but, it's certainly within reason to debate as to whether they are as good or not. Personally I'd take the Vikrs in that debate, but it wouldn't take a lot to convince me they're nearly equal. Thus, the basically 'pick em' game with the home team getting their 3 points