• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perfect season for the Bears to have the #1 and trade back

have to figure a top 10 or top 12 pick in this year plus a 2024 1st will be the baseline in negotiations, and look at this year's top 13:

Bears - trade down
Texans - need QB
Cards - have QB
Colts - need QB
Seahawks - need QB
Lions - need QB
Raiders - need QB
Falcons - need QB
Panthers - need QB
Eagles - have QB
Titans - need QB
Texans - see above
Jets - need QB

Cards and Eagles are the only teams that don't have a NEED to upgrade their QB or just blatantly need an NFL-level QB cause they don't have one.
Titans aren't likely to trade up from 11, Lions and Seahawks could very well stick with Goff/Geno. That still leaves Texans, Colts, Raiders, Falcons, Panthers, Jets in the mix as potential suitors with a clear need at QB.
I agree I think it is the perfect draft with probably a handful of teams needing a QB and there is a clear top 2 imo BUT the Bears also have the option of taking the clear best player on the board (non-QB) in Will Anderson. The guy is a beast and he is versatile. If they trade back that is perfect for the Cards bc they need a DE and Anderson falls into their laps.
I most interested in the Seahawks. Geno helped this team get to the playoffs. Do they focus on just building the best team around him the next couple years and sign him to a nice 2 year deal or something.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes a lot to choose from for a team looking for a QB, the FA list at QB:

View attachment 318638

Like you said 4-5 QBs in the draft also.
interesting, I was just going to comment that the FA QB class was pretty piss poor. As everything stands now, it's Lamar, Brady, JimmyG, Danny Dimes, and a pile of crap, some of that pile of crap has some 'lipstick on the pig' from overachieving performances this year - Geno, Dalton, Brissett, even Danny Dimes has a little of that feel to him-, but still a pile of crap.

Does anyone actually think Lamar goes anywhere but Baltimore? is any team in a position, roster makeup wise, to not only pay Lamar, but completely change their entire philosophy to make his game work for them? I have serious doubts that anyone outside of Tennessee, would get into a bidding war with the Ravens for Lamar.

Brady is only going to be an option for a very limited number of teams. It won't be about money, it'll be about the coach, weather, and potential for a Superbowl, so most teams looking for a QB are already eliminated from the conversation.

Which really only leaves JimmyG and maybe Danny Dimes (depending on your opinion of him) for %90 of those teams looking for a real starting caliber QB.

Everybody else, even Geno, Darnold, Mayfield, Bridgewater, Brissett-- is honestly best suited to be 'bridge' type guys for those teams that are taking QB's in the draft. I can't imagine too many NFL execs are going to look at Geno as an answer, even though he shocked the world this year in Seattle. If it proved anything to me, its that, when combined with what Russel Wilson was in Denver, that Pete Carroll and his staff of friggin geniuses when it comes to maximizing what they get out of their QB.

I'll be interested to see if a guy like Huntley, or Mike White, or Cooper Rush, showed enough for a team to take a shot on them as their answer. I think it'd be a mistake, but if guys like Matt Flynn can get a mega contract after one game, why not?

So if Carr would to be cut, he'd immediately be the hottest name on the list. But I think it'd be a mistake for any team that isn't a stable organization with a strong system already in place to make that signing. More stable than the Raiders which isn't saying much, but if you have to think, for even a millisecond, if a team is or isn't more stable than the Raiders, than it isn't a good fit for Carr. Read as- the Jets, the Falcons, the Texans, and maybe the Commanders: these teams shouldn't even be considering it, as best case, Carr is no better in one of those shit shows, potentially worse, than he was in Oakland/Vegas.
Carr is a piece to the puzzle, not the cornerstone.

Last edited:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perfect season for the Bears to have the #1 and trade back

have to figure a top 10 or top 12 pick in this year plus a 2024 1st will be the baseline in negotiations, and look at this year's top 13:

Bears - trade down
Texans - need QB
Cards - have QB
Colts - need QB
Seahawks - need QB
Lions - need QB
Raiders - need QB
Falcons - need QB
Panthers - need QB
Eagles - have QB
Titans - need QB
Texans - see above
Jets - need QB

Cards and Eagles are the only teams that don't have a NEED to upgrade their QB or just blatantly need an NFL-level QB cause they don't have one.
Titans aren't likely to trade up from 11, Lions and Seahawks could very well stick with Goff/Geno. That still leaves Texans, Colts, Raiders, Falcons, Panthers, Jets in the mix as potential suitors with a clear need at QB.
I dunno, man. Goff has played very well, especially in the second half of the season.

Edit: lol, I just saw your comment about Goff and Geno. I think that's what happens with both teams.

Last edited:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting, I was just going to comment that the FA QB class was pretty piss poor. As everything stands now, it's Lamar, Brady, JimmyG, Danny Dimes, and a pile of crap, some of that pile of crap has some 'lipstick on the pig' from overachieving performances this year - Geno, Dalton, Brissett, even Danny Dimes has a little of that feel to him-, but still a pile of crap.

Does anyone actually think Lamar goes anywhere but Baltimore? is any team in a position, roster makeup wise, to not only pay Lamar, but completely change their entire philosophy to make his game work for them? I have serious doubts that anyone outside of Tennessee, would get into a bidding war with the Ravens for Lamar.

Brady is only going to be an option for a very limited number of teams. It won't be about money, it'll be about the coach, weather, and potential for a Superbowl, so most teams looking for a QB are already eliminated from the conversation.

Which really only leaves JimmyG and maybe Danny Dimes (depending on your opinion of him) for %90 of those teams looking for a real starting caliber QB.

Everybody else, even Geno, Darnold, Mayfield, Bridgewater, Brissett-- is honestly best suited to be 'bridge' type guys for those teams that are taking QB's in the draft. I can't imagine too many NFL execs are going to look at Geno as an answer, even though he shocked the world this year in Seattle. If it proved anything to me, its that, when combined with what Russel Wilson was in Denver, that Pete Carroll and his staff of friggin geniuses when it comes to maximizing what they get out of their QB.

I'll be interested to see if a guy like Huntley, or Mike White, or Cooper Rush, showed enough for a team to take a shot on them as their answer. I think it'd be a mistake, but if guys like Matt Flynn can get a mega contract after one game, why not?

So if Carr would to be cut, he'd immediately be the hottest name on the list. But I think it'd be a mistake for any team that isn't a stable organization with a strong system already in place to make that signing. More stable than the Raiders which isn't saying much, but if you have to think, for even a millisecond, if a team is or isn't more stable than the Raiders, than it isn't a good fit for Carr. Read as- the Jets, the Falcons, the Texans, and maybe the Commanders: these teams shouldn't even be considering it, as best case, Carr is no better in one of those shit shows, potentially worse, than he was in Oakland/Vegas.
I'd love to see Mike White succeed somewhere. Dunno if he's got all the tools, the skillset, whatever. He's got the "toughness" part down pat.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So everything I've read or heard so far is that there is absolutely no chance that he gets the chance to walk as a free agent no matter what because if they don't reach a deal with him then they are going to franchise tag him.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any thoughts on Aaron Rodgers?
Keep hearing he wants to be an actor. Keep hearing Green Bay would move him (perhaps mutual parting of ways).

Seems like a deal with L.A. would be logical. Even tho no one is banging down the door to give him any thespian work other than State Farm commercials.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he could replace Baker Mayfield for Progressive?

pretty sure you need a permanent home somewhere for those commercials to make sense, that's why they stopped shooting new ones with Baker :dhd:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty sure you need a permanent home somewhere for those commercials to make sense, that's why they stopped shooting new ones with Baker :dhd:
maybe he could be featured to highlight their RV coverage?

-if you never know where you'll end up, and just hit the open road, progressive has you covered

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Carr should take Houston full circle and tank out as his bro did and shore up a high pick in 2024 for The Texans

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe he could be featured to highlight their RV coverage?

-if you never know where you'll end up, and just hit the open road, progressive has you covered

favourite GIF

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Carr should take Houston full circle and tank out as his bro did and shore up a high pick in 2024 for The Texans
poor David Carr..I'll always wonder what he could've been had he not just been destroyed behind an arena league O-line his entire career. Those 1st year expansion Texans definitely should've gone with a grizzled journeyman style vet who just wanted another year or two of paychecks

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys hear about Zach Wilson?

< in Family Feud style > We asked 100 QB this question: If the Jets brought in a veteran QB in the off season, how would you feel about that?

Wilson's answer: "I’m going to make that dude’s life hell in practice every day."

1673392437736.png

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I personally wouldn't lump the Jets, Falcons, Texans and Commanders together. I think the Texans offense is much further away. Jets, Washington, and Falcons have multiple blue chip young talents in place. Houston has aging vet Brandin Cooks. The Texans have no business looking at a Free Agent imo.

This is a weird FA QB market, though. Its hard to imagine Jimmy G going anywhere as a starter except the Raiders tbh but you'd have to rule Brady out of that equation first. Daniel Jones is probably the only guy someone will risk their coaching career on. Lamar Jackson being anywhere but Baltimore seems kinda crazy in a lose/lose way unless Justin Fields somehow becomes available.

So I do suspect we'll see 3 QBs in the top 5 of the draft. Possibly a 4th in the top 10. A lot of these Free Agents will fight their way for 'bridge' QB spots.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys hear about Zach Wilson?

< in Family Feud style > We asked 100 QB this question: If the Jets brought in a veteran QB in the off season, how would you feel about that?

Wilson's answer: "I’m going to make that dude’s life hell in practice every day."

View attachment 318688

I guess he'll be forcing the vet QB to watch him throw, poor old journeyman QB gonna wish he didn't have eyes

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally wouldn't lump the Jets, Falcons, Texans and Commanders together. I think the Texans offense is much further away. Jets, Washington, and Falcons have multiple blue chip young talents in place. Houston has aging vet Brandin Cooks. The Texans have no business looking at a Free Agent imo.

This is a weird FA QB market, though. Its hard to imagine Jimmy G going anywhere as a starter except the Raiders tbh but you'd have to rule Brady out of that equation first. Daniel Jones is probably the only guy someone will risk their coaching career on. Lamar Jackson being anywhere but Baltimore seems kinda crazy in a lose/lose way unless Justin Fields somehow becomes available.

So I do suspect we'll see 3 QBs in the top 5 of the draft. Possibly a 4th in the top 10. A lot of these Free Agents will fight their way for 'bridge' QB spots.
Oh I'm not talking about having a good offense, ready for a captian..I'm talking organizationally.
If you've got a solid foundation, a coach/GM that gets that Carr will need a strong run game, amd a strong D to lean on in order to be successful, than he's got a chance.
I personally would put the reset button that the Texans recently hit by cleaning house, way ahead of anything those previously mentioned teams/owners/GM's have done for at least the past 5-8 years.

Raiders have never lacked talent offensively for Carr, (except that year they dealt Cooper and drafted Ruggs) whether it was Cooper/Crabtree/Lat. Murray, or Cooper/Nelson/Waller/Martin, or today with Adams/Waller/Jacobs..and often with a top 5-10 oline..and Carr could never get it done, so it doesn't really matter what blue chips any given team has, Carr cannot be the guy that is leaned on to make plays. If you sign Carr, you're not trying to outscore your opponent, you're trying to keep them from scoring more than you.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally wouldn't lump the Jets, Falcons, Texans and Commanders together. I think the Texans offense is much further away. Jets, Washington, and Falcons have multiple blue chip young talents in place.
My view is that with the Jets defense, a solid QB could boost that team. (I liken their situation similar to the Eagles after Chip Kelly got the ax.)

Same for the Commanders. Rivera gets the most out if those guys. A solid QB can bring some consistency there.

I think the Falcons got lucky. I dont see them repeating what they did on offense.