• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL says game WILL NOT be resumed this week...
Chances are it goes as a no contest, best case is rescheduled for Thurs/Friday of wild card week, or week 19 if they push the playoffs one week.

Pushing the playoffs seems a bit far fetched, not just the logistics of it all, but the contracts with advertisers, vendors, etc..that would be a massive undertaking.

Seems like week 17 FF results will be finaled without numbers from Allen, Diggs, Davis, Knox, Burrows, Chase, Higgins, Mixon... ouch
Don't forget Singletary. Final in my league was 2.5 difference with the losing team with Singletary still to play.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy crap my final in the league i commish has

1 team at 100.02 ya low Jefferson Watson Fournette Kamara Dak etc etc

with the other team at 99.40 with Burrows and Higgins to play who so far have put up 8.58

if they leave the points there he wins

if they take them off well...

im thinking maybe i split the top 2 prizes between them

Thoughts....

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL says game WILL NOT be resumed this week...
Chances are it goes as a no contest, best case is rescheduled for Thurs/Friday of wild card week, or week 19 if they push the playoffs one week.

Pushing the playoffs seems a bit far fetched, not just the logistics of it all, but the contracts with advertisers, vendors, etc..that would be a massive undertaking.

Seems like week 17 FF results will be finaled without numbers from Allen, Diggs, Davis, Knox, Burrows, Chase, Higgins, Mixon... ouch
Yeah the only possible way they could try and play it at this point would be to push the playoffs back a week, because no matter what other time you play it both the Bills and Bengals would be getting screwed with short rest. If they don't play it, then I guess it would be considered the same as a tie for both teams in the standings when figuring out seeding. And there is no scenario out there even with the results of week 18 factored in that this game doesn't have meaning to the seeding in the AFC, so it's not like they can say that they will play it if it's necessary.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

with the other team at 99.40 with Burrows and Higgins to play who so far have put up 8.58

Thoughts....
No idea, good luck with that. It's going to be a logistical nightmare for all commissioners unless the games weren't close. In my main money league the trailing team was down 33 with Josh Allen and Devin Singletary left. He was projected to lose by 2, but who the hell knows what would happen. Luckily they had already agreed to split the money, so it's just a matter of whose name gets put on the trophy.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts....

Just throwing out ideas. Bills and Bengals players are SOL for this week, but make the finals 2 weeks because of this game. Or let the Bills and Bengals players that were started last week get next weeks points..

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just throwing out ideas. Bills and Bengals players are SOL for this week, but make the finals 2 weeks because of this game. Or let the Bills and Bengals players that were started last week get next weeks points..
then you've got issues the other way, where owners geared their roster makeups based on matchups with 17 being the end, and not needing to consider real teams resting players in week 18.
There jsut isn't an all round fair way to do it.

The only things that make sense in my mind is either A- just call it, week 17 is over, it is what it is. There's no favoritism, that just the way shit happened. Chalk it up to yet another way the scheduling gods can ruin your title hopes at any given moment.

Or, B- wait and see if the game is rescheduled after week 18, and add those points in at that time retroactively and determine your league winner then. If the game is not rescheduled and considered a draw/no contest/tie, your back to option A. Works nicely for leagues that don't count week 18, pretty huge pain in the ass if your league does count week 18 though.

I think if your league plays through week 18, I don't think you have much choice but to call it now and finalize the week 17 results, because you've got playoff winners and losers that need to be assigned for week 18, and you cannot wait and see.

The only leagues that aren't jsut screwed in this no man's land, are those who already combined 17 & 18 as their two week finals. at least they were gonna have ot wait and see regardless.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then you've got issues the other way, where owners geared their roster makeups based on matchups with 17 being the end, and not needing to consider real teams resting players in week 18.
There jsut isn't an all round fair way to do it.

The only things that make sense in my mind is either A- just call it, week 17 is over, it is what it is. There's no favoritism, that just the way shit happened. Chalk it up to yet another way the scheduling gods can ruin your title hopes at any given moment.

Or, B- wait and see if the game is rescheduled after week 18, and add those points in at that time retroactively and determine your league winner then. If the game is not rescheduled and considered a draw/no contest/tie, your back to option A. Works nicely for leagues that don't count week 18, pretty huge pain in the ass if your league does count week 18 though.

I think if your league plays through week 18, I don't think you have much choice but to call it now and finalize the week 17 results, because you've got playoff winners and losers that need to be assigned for week 18, and you cannot wait and see.

The only leagues that aren't jsut screwed in this no man's land, are those who already combined 17 & 18 as their two week finals. at least they were gonna have ot wait and see regardless.

This is one of those ones were someone is going to be pissed off no matter what you do. Most of the leagues on here I have put it up to the league to decide.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts....
I'm not commissioning any leagues, but if I were I would ask every team that might make the playoffs to set their lineups for upcoming weeks, and when the final statistics for this game are known, apply them to Week 17 and see what the later matchups and results turn out to be.

Means they'd be flying blind in terms of matchups, but at least everyone would get the benefit of a full Week 17 lineup.

Nothing except applying the actual eventual NFL statistics for this game seems fair to me.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts....

your solution is good... both are winners...

but i wouldnt be asking us i would be asking them...

But here are some decent solutions

1. let the team with Higgins and burrows replace their players with players on the bench... if they have nobody on the bench then they are SOL

2. use week 18 stats for those 2 players

3. use week 17 stats for those 2 players

4. dont use week 17 stats for those 2 players..

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
searching youtube for footage..ran across that sports medicine dude who posts things about various injuries all the time. That's exactly what he said as well. The hit had to be at the exact moment that his heart was in the exact right part of its cycle to get stunned into arrest, and that window is open for like milliseconds....its like a 1 in a billion chance.
no way you can use that sort of rarity to force drastic changes to the game
That's probably about right... with tens of thousands of tackles per season, you can expect this on the order of once every few decades. More frequently if you include college, high school and other leagues.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in all of the leagues that I am the commissioner in that could have gone either way, the 1st and 2nd place team just decided to split the money. I told them that if the game is made up later I will apply the statistics from the game, but that will only determine the draft order/league champion. If they don't make up the game, then whoever was ahead at the time the game was called will be declared the winner and league champion. I was in a 3rd place game also that I was ahead in but the other guy still had plenty of firepower to beat me and we just decided to split the 3rd place money. In one league I'm in the commissioner (not me) gave the option of splitting the 1st and 2nd place money and legacy points or letting Josh Allen's stats in week 18 count toward the game. We both chose to just split the money because he's playing a different defense so that makes no sense whatsoever.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, the fantasy ramifications are interesting to say the least, but the NFL is in a completely no win situation on what to do. If the game isn't played, then they are basically handing the #1 seed to the Chiefs. If they decide to play it, whenever they do it isn't fair to the Bills and Bengals because even if they pushed the playoffs back a week and had the Bills and Bengals play in week 19, that would still mean that every other playoff team would be getting a bye and neither of them would. There really is no possible solution to make everybody happy.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a random question...

Since the trade to SF, has CMC seen better numbers?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a random question...

Since the trade to SF, has CMC seen better numbers?
6 games in Carolina,- 393 yds rush, 2 scores, 4.6 ypc, 68.4 per game, 277 yard rec, 1 score, 47 yards per game

10 games in SF - 701 yds rush, 6 scores, 4.7 ypc, 70 yards per game, 430 yards rec., 3 scores, 43 yards per game.

Seeing as SF scored more points, his scores have increased, everything else pretty similar.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, the fantasy ramifications are interesting to say the least, but the NFL is in a completely no win situation on what to do. If the game isn't played, then they are basically handing the #1 seed to the Chiefs. If they decide to play it, whenever they do it isn't fair to the Bills and Bengals because even if they pushed the playoffs back a week and had the Bills and Bengals play in week 19, that would still mean that every other playoff team would be getting a bye and neither of them would. There really is no possible solution to make everybody happy.
how about just follow the rules if game is cancelled just go by win% to determine seeding:suds:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can imagine @TREFF tearing his hair out at this. At least he's better than Carr...isn't he?

Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer reports the Raiders are "looking at the idea" of signing QB Jimmy Garoppolo in 2023.​

The Raiders are expected to explore trade options with Derek Carr, who stepped away from the team in Week 17. With Carr likely done in Vegas, rumors of HC Josh McDaniels reuniting with an ex-Patriots quarterback — Garoppolo or Tom Brady — have been heating up. Garoppolo, 31, should come cheaper than Brady with more staying power but would be a hard sell as an upgrade on Carr. The Raiders' quarterback situation projects as one of the top storylines of the offseason.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can imagine @TREFF tearing his hair out at this. At least he's better than Carr...isn't he?

Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer reports the Raiders are "looking at the idea" of signing QB Jimmy Garoppolo in 2023.​

The Raiders are expected to explore trade options with Derek Carr, who stepped away from the team in Week 17. With Carr likely done in Vegas, rumors of HC Josh McDaniels reuniting with an ex-Patriots quarterback — Garoppolo or Tom Brady — have been heating up. Garoppolo, 31, should come cheaper than Brady with more staying power but would be a hard sell as an upgrade on Carr. The Raiders' quarterback situation projects as one of the top storylines of the offseason.
Well JimmyG/Carr...somewhat lateral move. Jimmy ain't bad, Carr ain't bad, neither elevate the talent around them, and it could be argued both just might hold em back.
He'd be different, so there's that. All I'm want is trying something different, cuz it's obvious that while Carr ain't bad, the Raiders have gone as far as they'll ever go with him. So while the next guy, whomever that might be, could be worse, I frankly don't care, because at least the effort to try to improve is there. Nothing passes me off more in sports than teams that are just fine settling for mediocrity

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how about just follow the rules if game is cancelled just go by win% to determine seeding:suds:
I think it's good to rewrite the rules as you go. That way you let everybody know who's really in charge.

iu