• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so much Condi, but the fact that the new HC will be responsible directly to ownership, not the GM. Kinda cuts that GM off at the cojones, don'tcha think?

Then again, it seems to be working for Jerrah. ;)
I never understood why a head coach would answer to a GM anyway. It seems like it's a fake hierarchy - no GM who can hire or fire a head coach without ownership's say-so. And GM's don't really tell head coaches how to do their job - except possibly to make sure an expensive player sees the field, and even that's viewed as meddling.

The two positions really have no business telling each other what to do. They do need to work together, though. Putting them both under somebody else doesn't seem crazy.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so much Condi, but the fact that the new HC will be responsible directly to ownership, not the GM. Kinda cuts that GM off at the cojones, don'tcha think?

Then again, it seems to be working for Jerrah. ;)
Ohhh..yes, that's kind of a 'wtf' , eye-brow raising, little tidbit in there.

Even if that's going to be the case, it's not exactly something you make a point of announcing to the press

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders bench Carr.

Only 3 years too late.

Let the Tom Brady to Vegas '23 rumors swirl

gotta be Rodgers, out in the desert + ayahuasca = the perfect match

think he'll sync up with the top WR nicely too

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta be Rodgers, out in the desert + ayahuasca = the perfect match

think he'll sync up with the top WR nicely too
they'd have to trade to get Rodgers though (which honestly wouldn't shock me to find them to be that stupid)

"Hey look what Denver just did, and how'd that work out for them..lets try that, surely we can do it better, right?" morons

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well....that's gonna make for some interesting commissioner decisions on league titles

Hope Hamlin makes it out ok

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well....that's gonna make for some interesting commissioner decisions on league titles

Hope Gamlin makes it out ok
Hope he survives, looks like a heart problem to me. Yeah this may make for interesting commish decision. League is trying to decide what is worse continue play or cancel the game and problems that come with that, refunds to customers, advertisers, do you reschedule or is that even possible, if not rescheduling how to handle the standings and playoff picture?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope he survives, looks like a heart problem to me. Yeah this may make for interesting commish decision. League is trying to decide what is worse continue play or cancel the game and problems that come with that, refunds to customers, advertisers, do you reschedule or is that even possible, if not rescheduling how to handle the standings and playoff picture?
If not rescheduled, a fantasy commissioner has to just roll with the results that came from that partial quarter. If the NFL calls it a no contest, then those #'s get scratched? I think a game needs to start the third quarter before it can be 'official'?

If rescheduled, then it gets weird....starting with when it's rescheduled. If it's tomorrow..or maybe wednesday..no big deal, shouldn't be hard to get that done.

It may be one of those deals where it's only rescheduled IF the result makes a difference in playoff seedings, which means it'd end up being a weird week 19 game, and wild card round gets pushed??

Weird talking about fantasy implications, given the situation, but I'd rather talk about that than the alternative, and just hope and pray for the best there. Just too tragic to reasonably address

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If not rescheduled, a fantasy commissioner has to just roll with the results that came from that partial quarter. If the NFL calls it a no contest, then those #'s get scratched? I think a game needs to start the third quarter before it can be 'official'?

If rescheduled, then it gets weird....starting with when it's rescheduled. If it's tomorrow..or maybe wednesday..no big deal, shouldn't be hard to get that done.

It may be one of those deals where it's only rescheduled IF the result makes a difference in playoff seedings, which means it'd end up being a weird week 19 game, and wild card round gets pushed??

Weird talking about fantasy implications, given the situation, but I'd rather talk about that than the alternative, and just hope and pray for the best there. Just too tragic to reasonably address
The problem with that though is that no matter what this game was going to make a difference in the playoff seedings because Cincinnati would jump Buffalo for the #2 seed if they beat them, so there's really no possible way that this game ends up meaningless as far as playoff seeding scenarios. Now granted none of that should really matter when somebody's life is at stake, but if you were watching the game, after the ambulance left, the refs had the players warming up for five minutes and were going to have them keep playing and it apparently took both coaches to say, "Fuck you, we're going back to the locker room," before they decided to suspend the game. There's no telling what the NFL does here. Strictly from a non-important fantasy commissioner point of view I hope they play the game either Tuesday or Wednesday this week, but I would totally understand if they don't.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with that though is that no matter what this game was going to make a difference in the playoff seedings because Cincinnati would jump Buffalo for the #2 seed if they beat them, so there's really no possible way that this game ends up meaningless as far as playoff seeding scenarios. Now granted none of that should really matter when somebody's life is at stake, but if you were watching the game, after the ambulance left, the refs had the players warming up for five minutes and were going to have them keep playing and it apparently took both coaches to say, "Fuck you, we're going back to the locker room," before they decided to suspend the game. There's no telling what the NFL does here. Strictly from a non-important fantasy commissioner point of view I hope they play the game either Tuesday or Wednesday this week, but I would totally understand if they don't.
Yea, I guess I was going more for a 'let's play the final week, and then if that game still makes difference, we'll reschedule'
Baseball does that kind of stuff somewhat often. Postponed games that are eventually deemed irrelevant to the postseason will occasionally just go down as a null contest.
Obviously it makes a difference now, and most likely still would after next week too.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this bothered my gal so much that she kept getting up all night to check on the status of the guy. In the end it was a cardiac arrest.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this bothered my gal so much that she kept getting up all night to check on the status of the guy. In the end it was a cardiac arrest.
I think Higgins’s shoulder to his heart stopped it.

Nit sure what the NFL can do to prevent this in the future without profoundly changing the game.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nit sure what the NFL can do to prevent this in the future without profoundly changing the game.
searching youtube for footage..ran across that sports medicine dude who posts things about various injuries all the time. That's exactly what he said as well. The hit had to be at the exact moment that his heart was in the exact right part of its cycle to get stunned into arrest, and that window is open for like milliseconds....its like a 1 in a billion chance.
no way you can use that sort of rarity to force drastic changes to the game

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This could end Higgins career too... i hope not... But talk about messed up psyche... He may have just killed someone... cant imagine what kind of pressure that is put on his mental state... can he play physically ever again, or will he always be thinking if i put my helmet down, i may hit someone in the chest again...

Hope the kid survives, not just for him, his teammates and family... but for higgins... just cant imagine what it will do to him...

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The NFL has announced Buffalo and Cincinnati's postponed Week 17 game will not be resumed this week.​

In a statement, the league said it has "made no decision regarding the possible resumption of the game at a later date." Perhaps the league is reserving the right to continue to contest if there is AFC seeding implications following Cincinnati's Week 18 game against the Ravens and Buffalo's date with the Patriots, but it is certainly seeming like this game will eventually be declared a no contest. That would mean all Week 17 fantasy results are final. The league has no good choices as the football world waits for more news on Damar Hamlin's status. Our thoughts remain with Hamlin, his family and teammates.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could end Higgins career too... i hope not... But talk about messed up psyche... He may have just killed someone... cant imagine what kind of pressure that is put on his mental state... can he play physically ever again, or will he always be thinking if i put my helmet down, i may hit someone in the chest again...

Hope the kid survives, not just for him, his teammates and family... but for higgins... just cant imagine what it will do to him...
jack tatum survived it:suds:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL says game WILL NOT be resumed this week...
Chances are it goes as a no contest, best case is rescheduled for Thurs/Friday of wild card week, or week 19 if they push the playoffs one week.

Pushing the playoffs seems a bit far fetched, not just the logistics of it all, but the contracts with advertisers, vendors, etc..that would be a massive undertaking.

Seems like week 17 FF results will be finaled without numbers from Allen, Diggs, Davis, Knox, Burrows, Chase, Higgins, Mixon... ouch