• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GWilson had 2 of last 3 games as a top 15 WR with ZWilson as QB, think he's safe, but Eli Moore seemed dead in the water with ZWilson
It would depend on what your other options are, but Wilson is awful at football so I get it if you bench him.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would depend on what your other options are, but Wilson is awful at football so I get it if you bench him.

Vs Pats and Bills before the bye with Milf Hunter at QB, GWilson had 16tar, 14rec, 200+yds

There's hope, and I think it is warranted - Lions hard to run on but easy to pass against

Thankfully my leagues with Wilson I either have a bye or am out of it so i can keep my fingers crossed White is ready to throw it next week

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vs Pats and Bills before the bye with Milf Hunter at QB, GWilson had 16tar, 14rec, 200+yds

There's hope, and I think it is warranted - Lions hard to run on but easy to pass against

Thankfully my leagues with Wilson I either have a bye or am out of it so i can keep my fingers crossed White is ready to throw it next week
Yes, oddly enough, before his attitude completely went nuclear, he actually appeared to be turning a corner. Was playing a helluvalot better than I had expected him to be at least. Then he has one horrible game, throws teammates under the bus, and just turns into a douche, and gets benched.

Edit- just to be clear, he was still not good, it's more that my expectations were so low, it didn't take much to exceed them

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, oddly enough, before his attitude completely went nuclear, he actually appeared to be turning a corner. Was playing a helluvalot better than I had expected him to be at least. Then he has one horrible game, throws teammates under the bus, and just turns into a douche, and gets benched.

Edit- just to be clear, he was still not good, it's more that my expectations were so low, it didn't take much to exceed them

Yeah, and he's still one of the best 65-70ish QBs right now, that's prob good enough vs lions secondary

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 0.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 316749

That's some bad news for me.

That sucks to hear as my fantasy league goes into the playoffs next week.

Top 20 in yards and ff points and he's awful? You can see the difference in his stats based on who starts at QB. For a rookie, he's doing pretty well.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sucks to hear as my fantasy league goes into the playoffs next week.

Top 20 in yards and ff points and he's awful? You can see the difference in his stats based on who starts at QB. For a rookie, he's doing pretty well.

He means Z Wilson is awful at football so he understands why someone would bench G Wilson

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just when u thought it couldnt get any worse

Rams coach Sean McVay said Ben Skowronek (calf) is out for the rest of the season.​

Rams coach Sean McVay said C Brian Allen (calf) is out for the remainder of the season.​

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just when u thought it couldnt get any worse

Rams coach Sean McVay said Ben Skowronek (calf) is out for the rest of the season.​

Rams coach Sean McVay said C Brian Allen (calf) is out for the remainder of the season.​

So the Rams should just hire an arena team for ROS?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lat Murray having another big day vs Lambs next week??

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What in the world is goin' on in Denver?

I think ownership may be chowin' down on too many edibles.

Broncos general manager George Paton said the team would consult Condoleezza Rice in its search for a new head coach.​

In a cringe-worthy Tuesday press conference, Paton said everyone in the Broncos organization would be evaluated in the season's final two weeks. Rice, part of the team's ownership, would help guide the team's search for a new head coach after Denver dismissed Nathaniel Hackett on Monday, following the team's blowout loss to the Rams, of all teams. Paton said the team would interview defensive coordinator Ejiro Evero for the head coaching position after Evero turned down the interim job this week. Broncos officials reportedly believe Russell Wilson is "fixable" and view him as a long-term solution at quarterback -- a good thing considering his contract makes Wilson untradeable. It's yet to be seen if the Broncos will recruit other former high-ranking government officials to find someone who can fix Wilson.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Broncos general manager George Paton said everyone in the organization is being evaluated in the final two weeks of the regular season.​

In a Tuesday presser, Paton called the Broncos' Christmas Day meltdown against the Rams "unacceptable" and "embarrassing." Russell Wilson and the offense continued to struggle and players fought on the sideline yet again. The team was left with no choice but to fire head coach Nathaniel Hackett and replace him with the guy who does clock management on game days. Paton said the next Broncos head coach -- if the team can find someone who will take the job -- will not report to the GM, but to ownership. It's a disastrous chain of command that will likely ensure the Broncos are among the league's worst teams for the foreseeable future. There's no guarantee Paton, who signed off on the worst trade in NFL history -- bringing Wilson to Denver -- will make it to 2023. His Tuesday press conference, during which he asked for patience from Denver fans, implied as much.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What in the world is goin' on in Denver?

I think ownership may be chowin' down on too many edibles.

Broncos general manager George Paton said the team would consult Condoleezza Rice in its search for a new head coach.​

In a cringe-worthy Tuesday press conference, Paton said everyone in the Broncos organization would be evaluated in the season's final two weeks. Rice, part of the team's ownership, would help guide the team's search for a new head coach after Denver dismissed Nathaniel Hackett on Monday, following the team's blowout loss to the Rams, of all teams. Paton said the team would interview defensive coordinator Ejiro Evero for the head coaching position after Evero turned down the interim job this week. Broncos officials reportedly believe Russell Wilson is "fixable" and view him as a long-term solution at quarterback -- a good thing considering his contract makes Wilson untradeable. It's yet to be seen if the Broncos will recruit other former high-ranking government officials to find someone who can fix Wilson.
Condi is part of the Walton/Penner ownership group, she's a minority owner. And she spearheaded the search for Stanford's HC. Sounds weird, but makes sense

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Broncos general manager George Paton said everyone in the organization is being evaluated in the final two weeks of the regular season.​

In a Tuesday presser, Paton called the Broncos' Christmas Day meltdown against the Rams "unacceptable" and "embarrassing." Russell Wilson and the offense continued to struggle and players fought on the sideline yet again. The team was left with no choice but to fire head coach Nathaniel Hackett and replace him with the guy who does clock management on game days. Paton said the next Broncos head coach -- if the team can find someone who will take the job -- will not report to the GM, but to ownership. It's a disastrous chain of command that will likely ensure the Broncos are among the league's worst teams for the foreseeable future. There's no guarantee Paton, who signed off on the worst trade in NFL history -- bringing Wilson to Denver -- will make it to 2023. His Tuesday press conference, during which he asked for patience from Denver fans, implied as much.
I think Paton's job hinges entirely on the HC search. If they want to aim for the stars, and truly ho after Sean Payton, Paton is gone, if they go after Harbaugh, Paton is gone. If they lower their unrealistic expectations a bit, and get a guy who is OK with just being a HC, Paton likely stays on. (Which is a mistake regardless of the HC, IMHO)

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Condi is part of the Walton/Penner ownership group, she's a minority owner. And she spearheaded the search for Stanford's HC. Sounds weird, but makes sense
Exactly. It's not because she knows football, but because she knows how to run this kind of process - make sure you're capturing all the good candidates and whittling them down the right way. (I think front offices rely too heavily on interviews. Interviews are a secretly terrible way to evaluate somebody.)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so much Condi, but the fact that the new HC will be responsible directly to ownership, not the GM. Kinda cuts that GM off at the cojones, don'tcha think?

Then again, it seems to be working for Jerrah. ;)