• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m loving this for real life. Scares the heck out of me in Chiefs red. Tua and the Fins don’t frighten me.
Tua is just good enough to convince yourself that you have a QB but...they really don't have the QB.

Pretty much what just happened with Baker Mayfield. Andy Dalton. Alex Smith.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua is just good enough to convince yourself that you have a QB but...they really don't have the QB.

Pretty much what just happened with Baker Mayfield. Andy Dalton. Alex Smith.
I say BINGO!

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"NFL reporter Jordan Schultz reports the Chiefs have "inquired" about trading for Laviska Shenault.​

Shenault is believed to be on the trade block in Jacksonville with the new coaching staff in town and the splurge in free agency on Christian Kirk and Zay Jones along with re-signing Laquon Treadwell. Marvin Jones and Jamal Agnew are also still in the mix. The Jaguars need to move someone. Shenault is a former second-round pick who still has supporters around the league. Even before the trade of Tyreek Hill, the Chiefs needed wideout help."

Well now, THAT would pique my interest..

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"The Athletic's Joe Buscaglia believes the Bills could take Iowa State RB Breece Hall in the first round of the 2023 NFL Draft. "​

and this, makes zero sense whatsoever. Bills MIGHT need a RB to compliment Singletary, or possibly make Singletary the complimentary back, but they certainly don't need to spend a #1 on it, nor go after one of the very few RB's widely considered to be a 'lead' back. there's 4-5 guys projected to be middle round guys' who would fit perfectly as a part time piece in that offense

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"The Athletic's Joe Buscaglia believes the Bills could take Iowa State RB Breece Hall in the first round of the 2023 NFL Draft. "​

and this, makes zero sense whatsoever. Bills MIGHT need a RB to compliment Singletary, or possibly make Singletary the complimentary back, but they certainly don't need to spend a #1 on it, nor go after one of the very few RB's widely considered to be a 'lead' back. there's 4-5 guys projected to be middle round guys' who would fit perfectly as a part time piece in that offense
Yeah that would be a big reach for the Bills, but he may not make it to their 2nd round pick since they draft like 25th.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After a busy free agency filling holes, and leaving corner bare, I don’t see how we don’t draft a corner first. Maybe that’s my hope talking, but it makes the most sense.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The initial thought may be to trade back to get better value and another pick, but if they draft him in the first round, they can get the extra year option on him if he ends up being a beast.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The initial thought may be to trade back to get better value and another pick, but if they draft him in the first round, they can get the extra year option on him if he ends up being a beast.
Thought the general consensus on this draft class was that the RB were just meh.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought the general consensus on this draft class was that the RB were just meh.
They pretty much are, which is why that blurb makes no sense to me. Breckenridge Hall is one of 2, MAYBE 3, that project to be leads of committee attacks.

There are no projected Zekes, Barkley, Harris's, eyc..etc.. mean there isn't one in hiding, but none expected

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If there was an RB who could go RD1, it would be Hall imo. Probably more in the range of pick 35-45.

I don't think RB in rd1 is a Bills type of move. It wouldn't take a lot to trade up for an RB in rd2 if I had to guess

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Chiefs signed WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling, formerly of the Packers, to a three-year, $30 million contract.​

$18 million comes in the first two years and the maximum value of the deal is $36 million. Valdes-Scantling missed some games for the first time this offseason, and thus had a 430-yard season, but he led the NFL in yards per reception in 2020 and has a career yards per reception of 17.5 in four seasons. This is probably a bit of an overpay for a wideout that doesn't offer much underneath, but it's good fantasy news for Juju Smith-Schuster and Travis Kelce. As for MVS, there are worse quarterbacks to work with in your career than Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes."

Seems like a big waste to me..MVS is as one dimensional as it gets and could never truly click with A-A-Ron. I don't expect him to be better with Mahommes. Personally I think Hardman is a better weapon.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They pretty much are, which is why that blurb makes no sense to me. Breckenridge Hall is one of 2, MAYBE 3, that project to be leads of committee attacks.

There are no projected Zekes, Barkley, Harris's, eyc..etc.. mean there isn't one in hiding, but none expected
You forgot Edwards-Helaires…

…Zekes, Barkleys, Harris’s AND Edwards-Helaires!

:D

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Chiefs signed WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling, formerly of the Packers, to a three-year, $30 million contract.​

$18 million comes in the first two years and the maximum value of the deal is $36 million. Valdes-Scantling missed some games for the first time this offseason, and thus had a 430-yard season, but he led the NFL in yards per reception in 2020 and has a career yards per reception of 17.5 in four seasons. This is probably a bit of an overpay for a wideout that doesn't offer much underneath, but it's good fantasy news for Juju Smith-Schuster and Travis Kelce. As for MVS, there are worse quarterbacks to work with in your career than Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes."

Seems like a big waste to me..MVS is as one dimensional as it gets and could never truly click with A-A-Ron. I don't expect him to be better with Mahommes. Personally I think Hardman is a better weapon.
It looks like the Chiefs replaced DeMarcus Robinson here tbh.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like the Chiefs replaced DeMarcus Robinson here tbh.
So are you saying that out of JJSS and MVS, JJSS will be the WR1 over MVS?

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelce is going to have a monster year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you saying that out of JJSS and MVS, JJSS will be the WR1 over MVS?
I'd have to see it in action. You have a vertical guy (MVS), an underneath guy (JJSS), a gadget guy (Hardman), and Kelce.

Hardman would be the logical Tyreek Hill replacement on the roster. I'm not saying that would work out but...Hardman would probably be the guy elevated to WR1 in a sense. In reality, I think Demarcus Robinson was seen as a disappointment in his role so MVS should get more targets than Robinson did.

Some of this comes down to how other teams play the Chiefs now that they dont have Hill. Teams sold out against the deep pass with Hill. If they continue to do that, JJSS and Hardman should be the guys to target in Fantasy. If teams say 'you dont have Hill, we aren't worried about you beating us deep' then MVS comes into play as the #1.