• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how I view MVS. It's not like he's coming from a shitty quarterback, so if he couldn't produce as the #2 in Green Bay then I'm not sure how he's going to be much better as the #2/3 in Kansas City.
the only thing I can see that's better is, there's no D. Adams on the other side in KC. Kelce yes, JuJu? ok..but still no Adams like target sucker. But that ain't saying much whatsoever..if its saying anything at all.

And that's not counting the probability that he ends up below Hardman too

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well with that signing, the Chiefs are not looking for competition to CEH because Jones just isn't it.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well with that signing, the Chiefs are not looking for competition to CEH because Jones just isn't it.
Yeah, more or less...to me they're the same level of suckiness.

CEH can avoid tackles but can't break em, get get the tough yards consistently, and on the rare chance he does break one he's got no top end

Jones has broken more tackles than I ever thought he could, he tries hard fer sure, the trouble is, he runs right into them more often than avoiding them, having little to no vision or instincts, however, if he ever does get free, he's still super fast for a RB.

It's just maddening that a system like Reid's, with a stud like Mahommes...and now all he has is Kelce and a collection of rotational support players who have never amounted to much, except JuJu that one year

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't followed Jones too much but coming out of college his only plus skill was running outside the tackles. That's what McKinnon was last year. Seems like the Chiefs still need a short yardage guy unless they're fine with Derrick Gore.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't followed Jones too much but coming out of college his only plus skill was running outside the tackles. That's what McKinnon was last year. Seems like the Chiefs still need a short yardage guy unless they're fine with Derrick Gore.
For real football purposes I more or less agree .for fantasy purposes..that would suck that much more as this point. I sure would prefer a guy who could do moderately well between the tackles, pretty good at the pass game., ya know, someone who could actually be a weekly fantasy starter.

Side note- if you've got 3 backs, all with specialties, and they aren't all that good at anything else, doesn't that somewhat telegraph to the D what's coming, or at least whats NOT coming?? Not ideal in my opinion.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Patrick Mahomes turns out to be a bust, I will be stunned.

There may be some transition issues with the WRs and the infighting with the OC, but in the end, this dude's talent will win the day.

I understand the "dink and dunk" mentality, but things will change.

Everything's eventual. ;)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Patrick Mahomes turns out to be a bust, I will be stunned.

There may be some transition issues with the WRs and the infighting with the OC, but in the end, this dude's talent will win the day.

I understand the "dink and dunk" mentality, but things will change.

Everything's eventual. ;)
Mahomes won't be a bust, because he's great. His ceiling for the near future takes a hit with his receiving corp getting depleted or down graded but in time that will be rectified and his ceiling will go back up. For 2022 he'll just be a another good QB not a league winner, 2023 we'll have to see.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My $0.02,

If both are healthy, MVS will run circles, figuratively, around Hardman. Just because MVS mainly ran fly routes in GB, he actually has a decent route tree. If he fixed the concentration issue, and last year it looked promising, he could be in line for a big year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My $0.02,

If both are healthy, MVS will run circles, figuratively, around Hardman. Just because MVS mainly ran fly routes in GB, he actually has a decent route tree. If he fixed the concentration issue, and last year it looked promising, he could be in line for a big year.
Well femurov has mentioned he'd listen to offers on MVS in D2.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN's Dianna Russini reports the Chiefs are looking to trade for a "top" receiver.​

Perhaps the Chiefs could use some of the draft capital they acquired in their trade of Tyreek Hill to Miami to land an alpha wideout in the coming weeks. The Athletic's Michael-Shawn Dugar in late February suggested the Seahawks could deal DK Metcalf for a first-round pick. Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll, meanwhile, said the team is hoping to sign Metcalf to a contract extension. It's not clear what other top wideouts would be available via trade this offseason, though Brandin Cooks could be another candidate. It would be jarring if Kansas City went into the 2022 season with Marques Valdes-Scantling as their No. 1 receiver.

Come again?? MVS is supposedly the current #1 WR on the Chiefs?? Why? because he's paid the most?

No way

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN's Dianna Russini reports the Chiefs are looking to trade for a "top" receiver.​

Perhaps the Chiefs could use some of the draft capital they acquired in their trade of Tyreek Hill to Miami to land an alpha wideout in the coming weeks. The Athletic's Michael-Shawn Dugar in late February suggested the Seahawks could deal DK Metcalf for a first-round pick. Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll, meanwhile, said the team is hoping to sign Metcalf to a contract extension. It's not clear what other top wideouts would be available via trade this offseason, though Brandin Cooks could be another candidate. It would be jarring if Kansas City went into the 2022 season with Marques Valdes-Scantling as their No. 1 receiver.

Come again?? MVS is supposedly the current #1 WR on the Chiefs?? Why? because he's paid the most?

No way
Depends on how teams play the Chiefs. Teams literally took the deep ball away last year 80% of the time IIRC.

Veech trading for a player isn't surprising, though. He has had four draft classes and the highest he has picked is 32. And that was a covid year where no one was trading and Mahomes picked a RB. Veech with 2 first round picks is like a junkie winning the lottery.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way
Metcalf for a first? Doubt that, but if it was, it would be to the Lions, Jags or Jets 2023 first plus plus.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im with Harold here. Only a late Chief 1st or a mid Miami 1st. I doubt that. Metcalfe may not be Hill but he is surely the real deal and worth a whole lot more