• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Metcalf for a first? Doubt that, but if it was, it would be to the Lions, Jags or Jets 2023 first plus plus.
the local Denver yocals speculate 2 #2's for DK.

Considering he very likely will be the next, " highest paid WR in history", and any team acquiring him will have to consider that, as does Seattle in regards to wether they'll trade him or not.

I would say that's fair value. I certainly wouldn't trade a #1 if I have to turn around and give him 25-30 million a year

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So both teams get ball in playoff OT even if the 1st possession is a TD.... Well about time...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So both teams get ball in playoff OT even if the 1st possession is a TD.... Well about time...
In the preseason...not the regular season..not yet anyways

I'm strongly against it.. I think the word 'fair' is a farce. If you want the ball in OT, go take it from them...don't rely on the rules to give you a chance...fn stupid

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the local Denver yocals speculate 2 #2's for DK.

Considering he very likely will be the next, " highest paid WR in history", and any team acquiring him will have to consider that, as does Seattle in regards to wether they'll trade him or not.

I would say that's fair value. I certainly wouldn't trade a #1 if I have to turn around and give him 25-30 million a year
Fine and dandy then, no soup for you. That's not fair value and certainly what teams have given up for Hill and Adams confirms that.

Seinfeld Soup GIF

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine and dandy then, no soup for you. That's not fair value and certainly what teams have given up for Hill and Adams confirms that.

Seinfeld Soup GIF
Touche, touche.

However, DK, great as he is, is not Adams nor Reek...he might get paid like he is, but he aint

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seinfeld Soup GIF
Hill and Adams are easily a tier above Metcalf though IMO. Honestly I felt Adams was above HIll but Hill has a physical attribute that no one else does

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill and Adams are easily a tier above Metcalf though IMO. Honestly I felt Adams was above HIll but Hill has a physical attribute that no one else does
I would agree, to both points. Adams is hands down the top overall WR in the league, Hill is close, and is better at one or two facets, but not as a complete package, and both are in in class above everyone else.

DK is solidly in that next tier down with guys like Jefferson, Chase, Lamb, AJ Brown..etc

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm strongly against it.. I think the word 'fair' is a farce. If you want the ball in OT, go take it from them...don't rely on the rules to give you a chance...fn stupid
No playoffs it is official

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No playoffs it is official
Aww f me running, even WORSE than. Doing the trial run during the most important time of the year?? Why??

Personally I'd prefer going back to sudden death. 'Fairness' can suck it. Life ain't fair

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Touche, touche.

However, DK, great as he is, is not Adams nor Reek...he might get paid like he is, but he aint

Metcalf has only been in the league 3 years, his stats compare with Adams and Hill first 3 years in the league and are actually much better then Adams first 3 years and Metcalf is on a run first team. If a GM doesn't feel Metcalf is special then he shouldn't waste his time trying to trade for him. Seahawks got a ton of cap space starting next season and they can afford to resign him (and think they will) they have him under contact for 2022 and can franchise him at least once maybe twice. Metcalf is just hitting his prime at 24 years of age, nobody is getting a deal for him in a trade.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Metcalf has only been in the league 3 years, his stats compare with Adams and Hill first 3 years in the league and are actually much better then Adams first 3 years and Metcalf is on a run first team. If a GM doesn't feel Metcalf is special then he shouldn't waste his time trying to trade for him. Seahawks got a ton of cap space starting next season and they can afford to resign him (and think they will) they have him under contact for 2022 and can franchise him at least once maybe twice. Metcalf is just hitting his prime at 24 years of age, nobody is getting a deal for him in a trade.
I like Metcalf, dont get me wrong, but he doesnt have near the route running that Adams has nor does he have the same quickness as Hill. He definitely has a solid set of physical tools. I wasn't trying to slight him. I just think the elite tier at WR is Adams and Hopkins and then Hill is the tier below IMO.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Metcalf, dont get me wrong, but he doesnt have near the route running that Adams has nor does he have the same quickness as Hill. He definitely has a solid set of physical tools. I wasn't trying to slight him. I just think the elite tier at WR is Adams and Hopkins and then Hill is the tier below IMO.
Any one trading for him is doing it for his potential. Obviously he's not on the same tier as Adams or Hill...yet. Each of these WRs are quite different. Metcalf has the huge size, leaping ability, extremely speed going for him. Not quick as the Cheetah or the route running like Adams, but he has his own qualities that make him stand out. He's a outstanding trade chip and all talk of trading for him on the cheap is plum silly.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All true...all reasons why I'd think Seattle would trade him :)
DK's current true value lies in that current 'freebie year', his trade value will not be higher than it is now. Teams aren't just trading for what DK can produce, but what he can produce, at that cost. Once that year is gone, he's no longer anywhere near as attractive.
They're (Seattle) obviously striping down, rebuilding...do you build around a WR with one year of easy money, and then a 28-29 million franchise number for a year, 35 million the second year, assuming hell even sign the franchise tender after a year of potentially Drew Lock/Geno Smith,...or do you take what value he has...which is that 'freebie' contract year, cash it in for whatever picks you can get, and use that draft capital and that potential freedom up cash to rebuild an offensive line and a defense??
I can't recall any team having success building around a WR..so I know what way I'd go.

To boot...if the Raiders did it, its probably the wrong thing to do. If the Phins did it..it's probably the wrong thing to do. I dunno how many more dumb franchises left out there to repeat those 2 mistakes

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DK to Chiefs doesnt make any sense. Again, teams take the deep ball away from KC. Also, why not just pay Hill? DK is almost certainly going to make as much or more

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All true...all reasons why I'd think Seattle would trade him :)
DK's current true value lies in that current 'freebie year', his trade value will not be higher than it is now. Teams aren't just trading for what DK can produce, but what he can produce, at that cost. Once that year is gone, he's no longer anywhere near as attractive.
They're (Seattle) obviously striping down, rebuilding...do you build around a WR with one year of easy money, and then a 28-29 million franchise number for a year, 35 million the second year, assuming hell even sign the franchise tender after a year of potentially Drew Lock/Geno Smith,...or do you take what value he has...which is that 'freebie' contract year, cash it in for whatever picks you can get, and use that draft capital and that potential freedom up cash to rebuild an offensive line and a defense??
I can't recall any team having success building around a WR..so I know what way I'd go.

To boot...if the Raiders did it, its probably the wrong thing to do. If the Phins did it..it's probably the wrong thing to do. I dunno how many more dumb franchises left out there to repeat those 2 mistakes
I'm actually fine with trading him, but have to be for a package that makes sense. Can the Seahawks replace him with a late first? Not likely so what would be the point? If the Jets ( who lose out on Hill) Lions or Jags are interested and willing to start with their 2023 first then a conversation is worth having. Think all three of those teams could use a WR like Metcalf. Packers and Chiefs don't have the ammo so forget it about it.

No Way Whatever GIF by Folgers

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Thomas must be chompin' at the bit.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Take it from them how? The opposing offense isn't on the field. Just those... what do you call them? Distenders? Defenestrators? They wear the unis but I think they're just out there to sell hot dogs or something.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take it from them how? The opposing offense isn't on the field. Just those... what do you call them? Distenders? Defenestrators? They wear the unis but I think they're just out there to sell hot dogs or something.
I know..playing defense is a novel concept