• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a team that has a QB to send back would be more likely. Raiders might feel the pressure to make a move like that. They have Carr to offer as part of a trade. Maybe a couple 1st and a 2nd round or two to go with him. That way they have a QB the fans would see as on par with the other QBs in the division.
Ha..well he'd be more exciting, can't argue that.

But there's no one to throw to in Oakland...at least not that takes advantage of Watsons strengths.

That, and I can't see Josh McD's wanting a QB like that to run his O.

Naw, I think he's better in Seattle :)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha..well he'd be more exciting, can't argue that.

But there's no one to throw to in Oakland...at least not that takes advantage of Watsons strengths.

That, and I can't see Josh McD's wanting a QB like that to run his O.

Naw, I think he's better in Seattle :)
WRs can be drafted easily enough and there are some WRs on the roster that have potential so that's really not a reason. As for Josh not wanting a running QB didn't he coach Tebow? Wasn't Tebow like his pet project or something?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WRs can be drafted easily enough and there are some WRs on the roster that have potential so that's really not a reason. As for Josh not wanting a running QB didn't he coach Tebow? Wasn't Tebow like his pet project or something?
I think he'd be okay with a running QB...just not one whose largest claim to fame is chucking the ball 70 yards and hoping Will Fuller or Hopkins ended up underneath it...ya know, like he could with DK :)

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey do not forget his no trade clause....

i still go Carolina

for shits and giggles let me tell ya about some of my family and their respective allegiances

my Bro is a freaking absolute bleeding Bronco die heart (as big as can be seeing we live up above the 49th)

my cousin /godson who shares a Bday with my bro is the psycho Seahawk fan from the north fn nutbar

well they have been at it for years and I have had tons of fun watching laughing and stirring the pot

-- i was pissed when the Seabirds left his division

so you can imagine the joy i had this week after Russ goes to Denver

my bro texts my cuz

Rustle-the sound ya get when ya shake some trees

my cuz-- F off (of course the f was spelled out)

my bro--- Good thing they shipped out Lock or there would have been a jersey number feud

my cuz---F off (of course the f was spelled out)

great week watching them

so no he cannot go to Seattle or it will be my turn to face the crap

all these years later i still cant handle my pyscho sister the Bill fan bringing up the comeback against my beloved Oilers...well at least Watson wont go there

Last edited:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?

Browns acquired WR Amari Cooper from the Cowboys in exchange for a 2022 fifth-round pick.​

The two teams are also swapping sixth-round picks. It's a curious move for the Browns after the team jettisoned Odell Beckham last year because he wasn't being used. That makes it difficult to get excited about Cooper's landing spot in Cleveland, but this is a no-brainer move on the Browns' part, giving up a late-round pick for soon-to-be 28-year-old (in June) Cooper who is still very much in his prime. Cooper has five 1,000-yard seasons under his belt already. The Browns will take on Cooper's $20 million cap hit. The Cowboys will now turn their attention to re-signing Michael Gallup.

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Report: Panthers to make 'aggressive' offer for Watson​

The Carolina Panthers will make an "aggressive" offer for Deshaun Watson as soon as the Houston quarterback waives his no-trade clause for them to negotiate with the Texans, a league source told ESPN.​

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The Carolina Panthers will make an "aggressive" offer for Deshaun Watson as soon as the Houston quarterback waives his no-trade clause for them to negotiate with the Texans, a league source told ESPN.

An issue with having the clause waived is not anticipated, the source said.

The Panthers attempted to trade for Watson, 26, early last offseason before reports surfaced of 22 lawsuits and 10 criminal complaints of sexual misconduct against the three-time Pro Bowl selection. Carolina backed off after that.

A grand jury in Houston voted Friday not to indict Watson on the criminal charges, leaving the 22 civil lawsuits with accusations of sexual assault and inappropriate conduct during massage sessions against the former Clemson quarterback.

That increased interest from many teams in addition to Carolina. Seattle, which earlier in the week traded Russell Wilson to Denver, also is expected to make a strong run at Watson, according to a source. New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Indianapolis and Cleveland also reportedly are interested.

Houston can agree to a trade at any time, but it could not be made official until the new league year starts at 4 p.m. on Wednesday.

All the teams understand the NFL still could suspend Watson for a certain number of games if it finds he violated the league's personal code of conduct.

In 2010, Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger was suspended for six games for violating the conduct code after being accused of sexually assaulting a Georgia college student following a night of drinking in Milledgeville, Georgia. That suspension was reduced to four games.

The Steelers went 12-4 in the regular season and reached the Super Bowl, where they lost 31-25 to Green Bay. Panthers owner David Tepper, who has been a driving force in Carolina's pursuit of Watson, was a minority owner in Pittsburgh then.

"That's the most important position on the field," Tepper said of the quarterback in December 2021 when he fired general manager Marty Hurney with two games left in the season. "Unless you have that guy that for sure gets you to playoffs and Super Bowls, you have to keep reevaluating that because that's the only thing that matters is Super Bowls."

The Panthers attempted to upgrade the quarterback position last offseason after backing off Watson. They made an offer to Detroit for Matthew Stafford, who went to the Rams. They ultimately traded with the New York Jets for Sam Darnold, who went 4-7 as the starter.

They also picked up the fifth-year option on Darnold, so Carolina is stuck with his $18.9 million cap number in 2022.

As first reported by Pro Football Network, a source confirmed that no team is believed to have done more due diligence investigating the claims against Watson than Carolina. That's why the team is comfortable moving forward.

The Texans reportedly have asked for three first-round picks, other draft picks and at least one player for Watson. The Panthers are prepared to make a pitch they don't believe will mortgage the future, the source said.

The only untradable player for Carolina appears to be safety Jeremy Chinn, who is entering his third year.

Of the teams interested in Watson, Carolina has the highest first-round pick (No. 6) in this year's draft. Seattle selects ninth with Denver's pick from the Wilson trade. Philadelphia has the 15th, 16th and 19th picks, New Orleans 18th, Pittsburgh 20th, Cleveland 13th and Tampa Bay 27th.

The Colts don't have a first-round pick in 2022.

Houston already owns the No. 3 pick.

Whichever team acquires Watson will pick up a $35 million salary-cap number for 2022. The Panthers, with only about $31 million in cap space and only about $13 million to use toward free agency, can create enough space to make that work.

Watson, because of the no-trade clause, still has a big say in where he goes. Since asking the Texans for a trade in January 2021, he reportedly has waived the clause only for Miami.

The Dolphins have since moved on from pursuing Watson, general manager Chris Grier recently said at the NFL combine in Indianapolis.

Watson is from Gainesville, Georgia, just over a three-hour drive from Charlotte, and played at Clemson, a two-and-a-half hour drive from Charlotte.

Watson, speaking to reporters at a news conference outside his attorney's office on Friday, said the past year has been "emotional for me."

He offered no timetable for what's next.

"I know we're far from being done of handling what we need to handle on the legal side, but today is definitely a big day," he said. "I thank my lord and savior Jesus Christ for letting the truth be heard. And I thank everyone that was a part of this for seeing and hearing both sides. That's what my point and my team wanted to do, is have a fair slate of us telling our side of the story and letting the conclusion come to what happened today, and that's what the grand jury decided on.

"I'm just going to keep fighting to rebuild my name and rebuild my appearance in the community. And on the legal side handle what we need to handle. But also ready to get on the field, and prep for that."

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Houston's QB for 22' will be Mills/Darnold, Mayfield, Lock, J Hurts, maybe Trask depending on who trades gor him, or random free agent X out of Winston/Marriota/Fitz/Dalton...or a rookie.

What a mess

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Report: Panthers to make 'aggressive' offer for Watson​

The Carolina Panthers will make an "aggressive" offer for Deshaun Watson as soon as the Houston quarterback waives his no-trade clause for them to negotiate with the Texans, a league source told ESPN.​

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The Carolina Panthers will make an "aggressive" offer for Deshaun Watson as soon as the Houston quarterback waives his no-trade clause for them to negotiate with the Texans, a league source told ESPN.

An issue with having the clause waived is not anticipated, the source said.

The Panthers attempted to trade for Watson, 26, early last offseason before reports surfaced of 22 lawsuits and 10 criminal complaints of sexual misconduct against the three-time Pro Bowl selection. Carolina backed off after that.

A grand jury in Houston voted Friday not to indict Watson on the criminal charges, leaving the 22 civil lawsuits with accusations of sexual assault and inappropriate conduct during massage sessions against the former Clemson quarterback.

That increased interest from many teams in addition to Carolina. Seattle, which earlier in the week traded Russell Wilson to Denver, also is expected to make a strong run at Watson, according to a source. New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Indianapolis and Cleveland also reportedly are interested.

Houston can agree to a trade at any time, but it could not be made official until the new league year starts at 4 p.m. on Wednesday.

All the teams understand the NFL still could suspend Watson for a certain number of games if it finds he violated the league's personal code of conduct.

In 2010, Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger was suspended for six games for violating the conduct code after being accused of sexually assaulting a Georgia college student following a night of drinking in Milledgeville, Georgia. That suspension was reduced to four games.

The Steelers went 12-4 in the regular season and reached the Super Bowl, where they lost 31-25 to Green Bay. Panthers owner David Tepper, who has been a driving force in Carolina's pursuit of Watson, was a minority owner in Pittsburgh then.

"That's the most important position on the field," Tepper said of the quarterback in December 2021 when he fired general manager Marty Hurney with two games left in the season. "Unless you have that guy that for sure gets you to playoffs and Super Bowls, you have to keep reevaluating that because that's the only thing that matters is Super Bowls."

The Panthers attempted to upgrade the quarterback position last offseason after backing off Watson. They made an offer to Detroit for Matthew Stafford, who went to the Rams. They ultimately traded with the New York Jets for Sam Darnold, who went 4-7 as the starter.

They also picked up the fifth-year option on Darnold, so Carolina is stuck with his $18.9 million cap number in 2022.

As first reported by Pro Football Network, a source confirmed that no team is believed to have done more due diligence investigating the claims against Watson than Carolina. That's why the team is comfortable moving forward.

The Texans reportedly have asked for three first-round picks, other draft picks and at least one player for Watson. The Panthers are prepared to make a pitch they don't believe will mortgage the future, the source said.

The only untradable player for Carolina appears to be safety Jeremy Chinn, who is entering his third year.

Of the teams interested in Watson, Carolina has the highest first-round pick (No. 6) in this year's draft. Seattle selects ninth with Denver's pick from the Wilson trade. Philadelphia has the 15th, 16th and 19th picks, New Orleans 18th, Pittsburgh 20th, Cleveland 13th and Tampa Bay 27th.

The Colts don't have a first-round pick in 2022.

Houston already owns the No. 3 pick.

Whichever team acquires Watson will pick up a $35 million salary-cap number for 2022. The Panthers, with only about $31 million in cap space and only about $13 million to use toward free agency, can create enough space to make that work.

Watson, because of the no-trade clause, still has a big say in where he goes. Since asking the Texans for a trade in January 2021, he reportedly has waived the clause only for Miami.

The Dolphins have since moved on from pursuing Watson, general manager Chris Grier recently said at the NFL combine in Indianapolis.

Watson is from Gainesville, Georgia, just over a three-hour drive from Charlotte, and played at Clemson, a two-and-a-half hour drive from Charlotte.

Watson, speaking to reporters at a news conference outside his attorney's office on Friday, said the past year has been "emotional for me."

He offered no timetable for what's next.

"I know we're far from being done of handling what we need to handle on the legal side, but today is definitely a big day," he said. "I thank my lord and savior Jesus Christ for letting the truth be heard. And I thank everyone that was a part of this for seeing and hearing both sides. That's what my point and my team wanted to do, is have a fair slate of us telling our side of the story and letting the conclusion come to what happened today, and that's what the grand jury decided on.

"I'm just going to keep fighting to rebuild my name and rebuild my appearance in the community. And on the legal side handle what we need to handle. But also ready to get on the field, and prep for that."
He had Jesus Christ for an agent.
Now that's impressive.

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is back!!!

Tom Brady is back.

Brady will return to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for his 23rd NFL season, the quarterback announced on Sunday.

"These past two months I've realized my place is still on the field and not in the stands," Brady wrote. "That time will come. But it's not now. I love my teammates, and I love my supportive family. They make it all possible. I'm coming back for my 23rd season in Tampa. Unfinished business LFG."

Brady led the NFL in yards passing (5,316), touchdowns (43), completions (485) and attempts (719) in 2021, but the Buccaneers lost at home to the Los Angeles Rams in the divisional round.

More to come.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is back!!!

Tom Brady is back.

Brady will return to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for his 23rd NFL season, the quarterback announced on Sunday.

"These past two months I've realized my place is still on the field and not in the stands," Brady wrote. "That time will come. But it's not now. I love my teammates, and I love my supportive family. They make it all possible. I'm coming back for my 23rd season in Tampa. Unfinished business LFG."

Brady led the NFL in yards passing (5,316), touchdowns (43), completions (485) and attempts (719) in 2021, but the Buccaneers lost at home to the Los Angeles Rams in the divisional round.

More to come.
Boy I'm really glad we didn't drop him in D1 when we had to get our roster down.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it's obvious what Jerrah and the Boys are thinking.

Cowboys re-signed WR Michael Gallup to a five-year, $62.5 million contract.​

Gallup is getting a lengthy deal coming off a Week 17 ACL tear, so there's likely some protections built in for the Cowboys. The Dallas Morning News' Michael Gehlken reports that the contract has $27 million in guarantees. This is a big contract for a wideout who hasn't cracked 1,000 yards since 2019 and who hasn't been wildly efficient. Gallup figures to be the Dallas WR2 behind Ceedee Lamb now that Amari Cooper is traded, and should be the third option in the passing offense behind Lamb and Dalton Schultz. Gallup reportedly suffered a "clean ACL tear" in January, but he's still a candidate for the PUP list early in camp.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it's obvious what Jerrah and the Boys are thinking.

Cowboys re-signed WR Michael Gallup to a five-year, $62.5 million contract.​

Gallup is getting a lengthy deal coming off a Week 17 ACL tear, so there's likely some protections built in for the Cowboys. The Dallas Morning News' Michael Gehlken reports that the contract has $27 million in guarantees. This is a big contract for a wideout who hasn't cracked 1,000 yards since 2019 and who hasn't been wildly efficient. Gallup figures to be the Dallas WR2 behind Ceedee Lamb now that Amari Cooper is traded, and should be the third option in the passing offense behind Lamb and Dalton Schultz. Gallup reportedly suffered a "clean ACL tear" in January, but he's still a candidate for the PUP list early in camp.
Yeah.. let's get rid of one overpaid, but proven #1 WR, in order to overpay an unproven WR2. And we Cowboys fans wonder why we haven't won a playoff game in like 20 years

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.. let's get rid of one overpaid, but proven #1 WR, in order to overpay an unproven WR2. And we Cowboys fans wonder why we haven't won a playoff game in like 20 years
What they're doing makes no sense to me at all. Sure, I can see trading Cooper. For a fifth round pick? Might as well trade him for a breakfast at IHOP.

As to Gallup, well, I always liked him but he hasn't proven a thing and obviously is coming off a major injury.

Cedric Wilson is seriously starting to look like an interesting Dark Horse to me.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. But that gallup deal comes to
Like what 12 a year avg? Thats cheap with the cap going up.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. But that gallup deal comes to
Like what 12 a year avg? Thats cheap with the cap going up.
That's 'cheap' for a #1 WR. it's ridiculous for a #2. And regardless of what Gallup is, isn't, or could be, with Lamb on the team, he's the #2, period.